Dynadot

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
settled via pm.

Last edited:
•••
The entire purpose of fog computing is because cloud storage cant handle hot data transfer between nodes/devices that the edge of the network can. Fog computing cant exist in the cloud that makes absolutely zero sense so those domains are completely useless. I hope eventually some of you actually do some research on what fog is before regging more names, this has been explained multiple times in the past 20 pages fog and cloud are completely separate things that work together but cannot exist inside each other.

Agree.... but they'll still sell. ;)

•••
Agree.... but they'll still sell. ;)

Sadly, I agree with you as well. Im only going after names that would actually have a use to legit end users so maybe Im looking at this differently lol.

•••
I would stick to 1 word names with .cloud as the extension is already a word

Its hard flipping 3 word names in the tech niches like Cloud, Fog, Holo etc

•••
I would stick to 1 word names with .cloud as the extension is already a word

Its hard flipping 3 word names in the tech niches like Cloud, Fog, Holo etc
still .com is a king.
I will go for KW+cloud or cloud+KW.com or KW.cloud.

•••
The clouds have lifted - saw a sale - not mine

whitefog.com 930 USD 2016-02-18 NameJet

Anyone seen those Zilka virus news photos of spraying for mosquitoes? That process is called "fogging" - it is an established industry.

•••
The clouds have lifted - saw a sale - not mine

whitefog.com 930 USD 2016-02-18 NameJet

Anyone seen those Zilka virus news photos of spraying for mosquitoes? That process is called "fogging" - it is an established industry.
is the sale related to tech?

•••
is the sale related to tech?

You wont know until the WHOIS changes

•••
•••
Cisco Innovation Center Barcelona

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Recent reg's:

FogIntegration .com (Was on the fence about this one but rigged anyway)
FogResellerHosting .com (Will hold this a while but reseller hosting is big business and this niche has been good to me)
FogVSCloud .com (Will make a nice info website and should generate money via adsense/etc)

•••
Recent reg's:

FogIntegration .com (Was on the fence about this one but rigged anyway)
FogResellerHosting .com (Will hold this a while but reseller hosting is big business and this niche has been good to me)
FogVSCloud .com (Will make a nice info website and should generate money via adsense/etc)
Any new news about fog?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Received a lowball offer for f/o/g/e/x/p/e/r/t in king via Afternic.
Countered.

Its the first offer for my fog domains (hopefully not the last :D)

•••
Yesterday I also received a offer for f o g p r o t e c t . c o m via Sedo

•••
I have some nice fog domains so good to hear some of your getting interest in your names too ;)

•••
•••
Looks like another fog computing startup has popped up:
http://www.spinalcom.com/
https://twitter.com/spinalcom
They have some nice docs on their site to explain what their service is and how to use it. Helps with understanding the technical aspect of fog.

was gonna reg f**middleware but realized its not a very popular keyword, may have value for one of you though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back