Domain Empire

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dropped all. I think xxx+fog is not good way ... but I could be wrong

Yeah I'm going to just try my luck holding it for a year.

I see that you have 5GFog.com. Fog4G.com is available to register if you want to add it to your collection

•••
•••
I picked up FogComputing.ws on a whim for $5.

McDonalds breakfast is more than that. lol

•••
•••
•••
•••
Good shoot but in my opinion Fog will be better choice.

86664c75-ca36-4d7b-aacc-2bfce7f6f4dc-original.png

Last edited:
•••
Good shoot but In my opinion Fog will be better choice.

Show attachment 23769

I hope you are right Zibero...

I am waiting fingers crossed with these tickets...

foghost.de
fogticket.com
foghosting.co.uk
firstfog.com
foghosting.de
fog-storage.com
fogmenu.com
fogappstore.com
fogmonitoring.com
fogpartner.com
fogdrives.com
fog-hosting.com
fogstorage.de
fogstorage.co.uk
fogserver.de
fogserver.co.uk
fogagent.com
fogexpert.com
fogdeals.com

•••
I hope you are right Ziberio...

foghost.de
fogticket.com
foghosting.co.uk
firstfog.com
foghosting.de
fog-storage.com
fogmenu.com
fogappstore.com
fogmonitoring.com
fogpartner.com
fogdrives.com
fog-hosting.com
fogstorage.de
fogstorage.co.uk
fogserver.de
fogserver.co.uk
fogagent.com
fogexpert.com
fogdeals.com

fogmonitoring.com is the best!

•••
Good shoot but in my opinion Fog will be better choice.

Implementing a fog infrastructure is going to be almost mandatory for many iiot related systems (in my opinion). I own some iiot domains and they get more activity than most of my fog names so far (including an $xx,xxx offer I and another namepro'er badly negotiated). Most of the case studies involved with fog networks are related to industrial applications and/or healthcare where cloud models are too slow.

I really hope we get some big press releases this month to jumpstart this sector. Your picture is wrong btw since iot uses both cloud and fog computing it doesnt create fog computing. Hot data is processed at the edge of the network (fog) to save time but cold data will still be sent/retrieved via cloud.

•••
Implementing a fog infrastructure is going to be almost mandatory for many iiot related systems (in my opinion). I own some iiot domains and they get more activity than most of my fog names so far (including an $xx,xxx offer I and another namepro'er badly negotiated). Most of the case studies involved with fog networks are related to industrial applications and/or healthcare where cloud models are too slow.

I really hope we get some big press releases this month to jumpstart this sector. Your picture is wrong btw since iot uses both cloud and fog computing it doesnt create fog computing. Hot data is processed at the edge of the network (fog) to save time but cold data will still be sent/retrieved via cloud.

In only my private opinion IoT is not solution.

You can see which my fog domain have a traffic >>

Maybe I am wrong?!

Ps. I am not a fog/cloud engineer.

•••
In only my private opinion IoT is not solution.

You can see which my fog domain have a traffic >>

Maybe I am wrong?!

Ps. I am not a fog/cloud engineer.

A better way to explain would be iot utilizes both cloud computing and fog computing to make it work.

https://fogger.io/docs/fog-computing

Devices compute their data in local networks via sensors/routers etc, but also those same devices send data to and from a cloud when such data is not required to be used immediately. Technically speaking fog isnt the new cloud its just a more localized one closer to the devices.

Side note: fogger.io's homepage mentions their services being used for industrial iot.

•••

I noticed some movement in the market recently. Quite a few sales. Mainly in the low xxx range though. Reckon just domainers picking up names here and there.

•••
I noticed some movement in the market recently. Quite a few sales. Mainly in the low xxx range though. Reckon just domainers picking up names here and there.

Yep, Ive had some lowball offers of low to mid xxx for fog names so far but each counter Ive given was ignored.
Id be really surprised if this thread doesnt become much more popular this year.

•••
•••
Picked up:

Fog Computing .press
Fog Computing .pw
Fog Computing .host

•••
•••
Introducing Vortex Fog - The first and only Fog-based data connectivity solution for the IoT

•••
I hope you are right Zibero...

foghost.de
fogticket.com
foghosting.co.uk
firstfog.com
foghosting.de
fog-storage.com
fogmenu.com
fogappstore.com
fogmonitoring.com
fogpartner.com
fogdrives.com
fog-hosting.com
fogstorage.de
fogstorage.co.uk
fogserver.de
fogserver.co.uk
fogagent.com
fogexpert.com
fogdeals.com

You have some nice names there, especially the german ones

•••
•••
•••
--

Last edited:
•••
These were less than $1 each.... Why not?

Fog Computing .review
Fog Computing .win
Fog Computing .science

These were perfect for the extension... Just not fond of the renewal cost...
Fog Data .host
Fog Image .host
Fog Media .host
Fog Web .host
Fog Video .host

•••
•••
fogcomputing .cloud
edgecomputing .cloud

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back