IT.COM

FOG is the new CLOUD.

NameSilo
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are right. But I'm from Italy and I'm happy to own these keys with my own cctld.

•••
You are right. But I'm from Italy and I'm happy to own these keys with my own cctld.

I agree CCTLD ". IT" complements the name. I wouldn't have let that drop. I own CopyAndPaste. It which receives offers regularly.

•••
•••
•••
Im not sure you will like it but i really do
Connecting to future technologies.

FogMR.com

•••
Im not sure you will like it but i really do
Connecting to future technologies.

FogMR.com

The only problem there would actually be the keyword order, since it would be a fog computing platform or service that is being designed for a mixed reality environment technically it would be MRFog. Its not a mixed reality created for fog computing so fog cant be the adjective or descriptive word in the phrase.

example: a PC designed for IoT would be IoTPC not PCIoT

•••
The only problem there would actually be the keyword order, since it would be a fog computing platform or service that is being designed for a mixed reality environment technically it would be MRFog. Its not a mixed reality created for fog computing so fog cant be the adjective or descriptive word in the phrase.

example: a PC designed for IoT would be IoTPC not PCIoT

Yup, that i know.. Still a good keyword and got it for 70 cents so deal of the month for me :)
Can work

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
FogComputing .at (Austria)
FogComputing .be (Belgium)
FogComputing .dk (Denmark)

•••
openfog updated their site yesterday for an official launch, a few more members joined them recently.

•••
•••
Get quite a lot of traffic to great \ fog dot com.

Hope this niche does well for us.

•••
•••
5Gmobile (5GM)is a research center focusing on key aspects and challenges related to the future mobile networks and emerging wireless technologies. The aim of 5GM is to propose new approaches and provide innovative solutions enabling 5G mobile networks. The 5GM is oriented mainly on topics related to mobility and radio resource management. This includes design of control and management algorithms for handover, power control, interference management, load balancing, or energy efficient communications. The 5GM also addresses network architecture issues introduced by advanced 5G networks concept such as hybrid hierarchical architecture enabling joint management of radio and distributed computing resources. From 5G scenarios perspective, the 5GM research is oriented mainly towards scenarios encompassing device-to-device communication, merging mobile communication and distributed computation (fog/mist computing), vehicular ad-hoc networks, and intelligent transportation systems.
https://www.fel.cvut.cz/en/research/teams/5g.html

•••
Get quite a lot of traffic to great \ fog dot com.

Hope this niche does well for us.

Any "Fog" sales to validate that hope?

•••
•••
•••
Any "Fog" sales to validate that hope?

No, none at all. I am still skeptical at this time but hope as time moves forward the term might be used more. However, I am not buying any more fog names, have not done for a while.

•••
•••
Mist Computing - Going Beyond the Fog

•••
PrismTech Webcast to Explore How Tactical Cloudlets, Fog and Edge Computing Will Enable Next Generation of Intelligent, Mobile and Autonomous Military Systems

DDS-Tactical-Edge-Fog-Computing-Cloudlets.jpg

http://www.prismtech.com/news/prism...-will-enable-next-generation-military-systems

#MilitaryFog.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back