IT.COM

FOG is the new CLOUD.

NameSilo
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Based on this I checked if I could get fogware. Registered since 2003 till next year. The owner has it listed on sedo so is probably a namepros member

•••
yea fogware is an excellent name for sure, congrats to the owner if they are here.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Any predictions when \ if we will see a demand for fog names?

I have quite a few.

I know there have been some already, but there is not a trend starting yet.

•••
Any predictions when \ if we will see a demand for fog names?

I have quite a few.

I know there have been some already, but there is not a trend starting yet.

From listening to this podcast, clearly the companies involved feel fog will explode, as do the standards organizations. Problem is for us even they themselves are saying we are still very very early in this game, so Im gonna guess we are still a year or two away from startup companies etc wanting domains. Renewal fees :( lol.

•••
Thanks, I agree, could still be a few years.

One of my best is GreatFog dot c0m.

I feel brandable work better than descriptive names in this niche, but could be wrong. Fog is part of the IoT system, so I like the brand approach as it keeps the use of the name diverse.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Missed some good names at namejet/snapnames backdoors.
Reg this one.
Untitled.png

•••
•••
Nice one. Good luck with the sale in Future.
Thank You I have to wait min 3 to 5 years....if company fully adopt fog....

•••
It could be well worth it. $30-$50 in renewal but could profit you $xx,xxx ++++

•••
It could be well worth it. $30-$50 in renewal but could profit you $xx,xxx ++++
yes patience is the key of success in domain industry....if I am not wrong:xf.smile:

•••
Here my last Fog Computing domain:

FogComputing•IT

•••
•••
•••
•••
The interest is less for Italian names than TLD/ German

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back