IT.COM

Flippa is ripping me off for premium upgrade.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
This is a 3 week run-around of wasting my time and TERRIBLE + LAZY customer support.

Background: I listed a portfolio of domains and bought a premium upgrade. Once submitted, only 1 domain showed in the title, and I contacted support to change the title to "portfolio of domains..."

The change was successful, but I believe because the URL changed, that my listing was then REMOVED from the premium section. This agent failed to realize I had a premium listing.

I haven't used flippa premium before, and didn't even check it out much until the last few days, then I realized my listing wasn't in the premium section. I really didn't know if they rotate or what, I didn't know what was going on. After awhile I figured something was wrong. I submitted a ticket explaining that my premium listing wasn't showing up where it should be.

I received the response of "If you paid for it, it should be listed in the premium listings section". I went off the rails. SHOULD BE? This guy totally neglected to even CHECK. The rep didn't think I knew what I was talking about.

I reply in email again, and he offers to apply the upgrade once I relist as a "courtesy"...(wow thanks, 2 agents screwed me now suddenly I'm the one getting the favor..).

So I'm furious now, days pass and I finally decide to relist. I reply in email per his request, to do so with my listing URL, so I can have the premium listing applied. Now I get a replay from ANOTHER agent saying. "If an auction that was upgraded ends unsold you'd have to purchase the upgrade again when you relist." Again, a total failure of support, failing to read ANY of the below correspondence, and wasting even MORE of my valuable time.

TLDR: I paid $60 and never got premium listing because of supports incompetence. I was promised a premium listing upgrade if I relist, and was denied. I NEVER got what I paid for.

Careless marketplace. Waste of time, terrible, inept support. I will talk crap about flippa every time I hear their name. I heard stuff before, but now I know for myself. Scammed for ~$60 and wasted A LOT of time with A LOT of grief. I am ready to report them to BBB, and I have NEVER done that before. @Flippa

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
premium upgrades and such, are just profit centers for that or any other platform with a "showcase" area or similar façade.

there are never any guarantees that your name will sell, in return for paying the cost of such upgrades.

yet, many continue to fill the coffers.

still, when you do pay for this upgrade, you should get what you paid for.

imo….

•••
They finally added my premium that I paid for. 3 weeks wasted, hours spent wondering, 5 emails trying to explain, nothing happening. Not worth it. Wasting time and all my grief doesn't matter to them.

•••
Speaking of upgrades, where is the pricing page? :banghead:

•••
Speaking of upgrades, where is the pricing page? :banghead:
Yea, it's all hidden because there are a lot of upgrade fees. If you buy the $60 one, thinking you'll be featured on the homepage 'featured domains' area, you're wrong, it's an extra $100 for that. For $60 You will only be featured on the 'domains' sub-page. I didn't find this out until after buying the plain $60 one, they really try to trick you, from what I saw.

None of is it transparent, I would say it's even misleading. Hiding the fees, then when you buy one upgrade assuming it meant 'featured domains' on the homepage, they try explaining that no, that costs more.

Last edited:
•••
Upgrades on flippa are useless I too wasted money on flippa. $60 upgrade won't Increase any views. In my view flippa is dead because no views for any domain and they charge $9 for each auction.

•••
Heh, probably right. Now it's been 4 days since auction end and the winning bidder ($37 total transactions until this point) still hasn't paid. So now I will have to contact them again soon. This is a nightmare still :(

•••
They finally added my premium that I paid for. 3 weeks wasted, hours spent wondering, 5 emails trying to explain, nothing happening. Not worth it. Wasting time and all my grief doesn't matter to them.

I don't recommended anyone using them after they removed escrow.com as payment method.
When you sold your domain on their platform. You will have a hard time to get your $$$. Flippa will required more than enough sensitive information to pissed you off:dead:

•••
Maybe it would be hard to imagine this is still an ongoing problem?
The auction ended @ $150 or so but with a non-paying bidder. I waited about 1 month for him, msg'd him once myself...I contacted flippa, they said wait 24/48 hours while they try contacting him. I did that, I heard NOTHING back from flippa, so I emailed them again on day 3 asking what's up. They said go to 'this link' and lodge a dispute...Lol...I thought I just did that, why did I wait 3 days then??

I lodge this dispute, again I hear NOTHING back for a MONTH. I email them asking wtf, they say I can relist now... (You'd think they'd be courteous enough to email you, saying "your dispute has been resolved" but no. by now, it's clear they only want your money).

I relist and AGAIN, my premium listing is not applied? There is 2 days left in this auction, maybe ya'll can look at these emails and at http://flippa.com and tell me if the premium listing is somewhere I am not looking?

Anyways, at this point I just want a refund. All these months and trouble is not fair at all. Flippa keeps dropping the ball! I don't have time for this gross negligence. I will have to renew these domains soon! After all these months they lose value because renewal fee! They are really screwing me bad!

flippa-screwing-me.png

Edit: here is the link: https://flippa.com/9958880-portfolio-of-8-idn-domains
Do you see it on premium section for $60 upgrade? Also, I don't even want it now, with just 2 days left. I just want a refund. I have already told them. I asked before too, and not. This is so stupid, MANY hours, over months and my domains are losing time / value. This is a total scam site imo!

Last edited:
•••
Wow Flippa is flipping you all off...

I gave up on flippa a long time ago. Their auction bidding is not live.
You could win an auction then days later... a different story, because they allow private bids that the seller can approve days later after telling a buyer they have the high bid and have won the auction.

The seller should have to approve a big before the auction ends or it's void.

How can you be bidding against ghost.
The most shitty auction platform on the planet.

Last edited:
•••
Wow Flippa is flipping you all off...

I gave up on flippa a long time ago. Their auction bidding is not live.
You could win an auction then days later... a different story, because they allow private bids that the seller can approve days later after telling a buyer they have the high bid and have won the auction.

The seller should have to approve a big before the auction ends or it's void.

How can you be bidding against ghost.
The most sh*tty auction platform on the planet.

Many others are having problems too?

Someone should look into their business practices, really. It seems to me flippa only cares to facilitate the sale of websites built and pumped up by scammers. I mean, manufactured traffic that doesn't organically exist. That is they point traffic or buy traffic one way or another without disclosing that. Once they sell the site, poof, traffic gone and flippa laughing after taking $100 or $1000's in commissions.

I really think there is an outstanding number of scammers and people being taken advantage of there. It should be illegal to operate a website that facilitate this activity while own taking profit/commission off every sale.

Last edited:
•••
HAHA! Look at this scam:

"...as the latest purchase will float to the top of the list and all other featured listings will bump down one each time this happens. It never indicated anything about us displaying your listing for its entirety..."

So my 4 day listing got 'bumped off' after 2 days because the upgrade area never said the featured listing was for the duration of the listing!?? ARE YOU kidding me? Does anyone see how totally flawed this is? I never saw any disclaimer saying that when I paid $60. I was thinking i'd be in the featured area while my auction was live...I thought that was like, the normal. How are we to assume otherwise?

Aren't we to imagine that when we pay $60 our featured thing will be there for the duration? 2 days and you're off? Do they even disclose this? What a scam! Basically, you can be featured for 5 minutes, "because it' doesn't say for the entire listing". This is earmark scam rational.

flippascam.png

@FlippaDomains why listing removed from featured in under 2 days? $60 and 'bumped off'. This would of been some info you should include when purchasing! There's no way people can imagine this happening, it is not normal...that is how scams work.

I will go to ebay and pay for some featured content, then before the ending duration, it is removed...ROFL scammers scammers scammers. No, no...I will go to a featured MOVIE showing, then halfway, turn off the movie! Haha flippa jokers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back