Dynadot

Flippa Increased Listing Fee Price Almost 2X

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Two days back Flippa raised price almost two times.
It is dead of starter sites on Flippa.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No they didn't. I can list at $9 which was their standard listing price

ETA: The above is for domains. So not a correct response to the OP. Apologies for that

Last edited:
•••
•••
you may not be aware.I came to know yesterday only when i tried to relist website. relist price of starter website is $9 & fresh listing $19.

Sorry. My bad. I missed the "Starter sites" bit in your message. They have also increased their share from 10% to 15% silently.

Very sneaky @FlippaDomains

•••
Sorry. My bad. I missed the "Starter sites" bit in your message. They have also increased their share from 10% to 15% silently.

Very sneaky @FlippaDomains
correct.
all sellers of starter sites are out from market Now.
Thanks

•••
all sellers of starter sites are out from market Now.
Not just sites. Even domain sale fees have been increased. I'm sure many ppl will move away from Flippa

•••
From the pricing page:

Pricing is effective as of 13th December 2016 and is subject to change at any time.

•••
15% for domain sales now, up from 10%, on top of $9 listing fee. Are they trying to improve the quality of names this way?

The increase on web sites is pretty drastic. The margin on those was already pretty small for most. Now it may be non-existent.

•••
I'm surprised anyone with half a brain uses Flippa in the first place.

•••
I'm surprised anyone with half a brain uses Flippa in the first place.
What auction site do you suggest? I know of Ramped and like it. Any site other than Flippa?
Sedo's auction price is extremely high so that it out of question

•••
What auction site do you suggest? I know of Ramped and like it. Any site other than Flippa?
Sedo's auction price is extremely high so that it out of question

If I HAD to pick one, I'd probably go with SEDO. At least with SEDO I would be fairly confident SEDO employees weren't secretly bidding against me on a particular name, artificially driving up prices.

I'd stay away from Flippa. Their policy allowed employees to bid against clueless buyers, as long as the seller was informed. Ya' think the Seller is going to mind auctioneer employees driving up prices? When pressed about that policy in this forum, Flippa's rep acted indignant and stated, ad nauseam, that something would be done, they're working on it, just a few more days, weeks, months, blah blah blah. It turned out to be bullshit, and that dweeb doesn't seem to show one hair on his ass here any more. At least not for that topic anyway. He was willing to sell you and I down the river for a meager paycheck. That's the reality. That's documented history. I like documented history, it speaks the truth.

Then there's Snapnames, with a documented history of the largest shill bidding scandal in domain history. You want to bid at one of their auctions? Haha! But if you love Snapnames, and don't think employee(s) secretly driving up prices is an issue that should get you permanently banned from receiving industry credibility, then perhaps you'll love Ron Jackson at DnJournal. He was real cozy with Adam Dicker when some of us were screaming foul, and he posts Snapnames reported "sales" as though they had no history of fraud. The joke perpetrated on us is now as transparent as it will probably get (until the next scammer is outed). If you want to swim in the cesspool, have at it.

•••
If you want to swim in the cesspool, have at it.

Not sure why this was tacked on in the end. My question was a genuine question and not out of malice or sarcasm

•••
Not sure why this was tacked on in the end. My question was a genuine question and not out of malice or sarcasm

No offense meant. If you participate with Flippa, Snapnames, or Ron Jackson, in my opinion you'd be swimming in the cesspool.

•••
Hi,
Yes I think this will be the end of flippa ... they are taking most of the money earned by the hard working starter site sellers... I made over 800 sales on flippa in the past year and now planning on finding a new place. I have created SiteCellar.Org and will be listing my sites there from now on.

•••
Hi,
Yes I think this will be the end of flippa ... they are taking most of the money earned by the hard working starter site sellers... I made over 800 sales on flippa in the past year and now planning on finding a new place. I have created SiteCellar.Org and will be listing my sites there from now on.
800 sales in a year, that is really fantastic. You can start your own a Flippa clone website. Why dont you think about this proposal?

•••
Hi,
800 sales? they really tried for you big time

•••
Hi,

800 sales? How many different names? Or was it 800 sales for the same 10 names.

•••
This a significant opportunity for their rival to growth. Namepros is a lot of visitors, and it will be a good to start an auction website like another flippa here.
Ex: flip.namepros.com :xf.wink:

•••
They are quite greedy but then again they KNOW that there is no other place to go to sell small websites

•••
With such a monopoly in their field, they are just doing all this to increase their profit. The sad part is that no one is able to build another Flippa to end their monopoly and wipe them out of the market. SEDO and Ebay will not be able to do so as we have seen freelancer doing the same and failed miserably. Time to time many people have tried to compete with flippa but they all have slashed like cards palace.
I am seeing another one evolving with the name TradeMySite.com claiming to be the smartest marketplace for buying and selling websites, I have no idea how they managed to build a large audience on twitter and instagram before launch but i think they are group of smart asses who know their stuff really well. I wish they or someone wipe flippa out of market.

•••
i find that no. of sites for auction has decreased almost 20%.
Thanks

•••
So far i find out they will also remove the free relist option for the established sites...so $29 for the listing and $14,5 for every relist:wtf::wtf::wtf:...i really hope to find another service to sell websites...

•••
No offense meant. If you participate with Flippa, Snapnames, or Ron Jackson, in my opinion you'd be swimming in the cesspool.

Ron Jackson is a stellar human being. You seem to have issues.

•••
I guess the price increase was alright only if they could have provided a good live customer support, Their support is so slow, you have to wait days to sort out issues. Its bad with such a pathetic support, they have guts to increase the pricing.

People are already searching for an alternative of flippa but flippa has a monopoly in this field not because they are good but there is no one who can build a new flippa . Though i found one site who is claiming to build the smartest marketplace for buying and selling Websites/Domains (Trademysite.com) , and having a look at their insta and twitter profile it seems like they are building something Awesome under the radar.

•••
I agree 100%
I open a really critical ticket before 4 days and didn't get an answer yet.
Terrible!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back