IT.COM

.tv Fishing.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear Fellow NP'ers,

I'm very happy to announce that after about 10 years of monitoring Fishing.tv, I've actually been fortunate enough to acquire it with the assistance of a backorder at Name.com. Many thanks to Paul over at Name.com for helping me achieve this long term goal by offering the Backorder Service on a first come, first served basis. It seemed that every time I checked on the status of the domain, it was either registered or was recently re-registered. The approximate $4500/year renewal didn't help either and I'm glad that's a thing of the past now. I'll soon be renewing this one for as many years into the future as I can as this name personally holds terrific value. It still bugs me a bit that Verisign cannot extend this offer to current owners, (ie, one year premium buyout and its reg fee from there), as I feel they should be rewarded for paying premium prices in the first place and should have the first right of refusal to renew at premium prices. Anyways, who knows what the future holds for verisign/.tv and with the future release of Google.tv ...

:)

Roy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow what a catch roy! great job and one of the best .tv owners.

j

•••
Fish on! :gn: Nicely done.

•••
Fantastic name.
Congrats!!

•••
Wow,

Awesome Domain Roy, I don't know how Paul at Name pulled it off for ya, but I believe you owe him a nice surf n turf dinner, as you are definitely guaranteed a HUGE payday with this catch!

Well, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy, unless it was me :lol:

Congrats on a phenomenal .TV domain name Roy!
Vito

•••
Congrats:) I think you should celebrate with some caviar :)

•••
I saw it hovering in the droplist for a couple of hours. Great catch Roy, well deserved :)

•••
i'll try again .........is this name going to be developed ?

•••
Glad you got your wish after TEN YEARS of WAITING?

You certainly have the patience for the sport.

I still think Ben@theBoss has the best fishing domain but then I'm biased towards my own stupid opinions and he beat me to it on a drop.

I hope after 10 years it gets developed and will not just end up on the mantel like one of those singing plastic large mouth bass

I have a similar domain that is on drop catch lists hoping hoping that it drops... gets renewed for one year at a time.... every year right around expiration. The owner is a jerk - I'm sure he does it on purpose.

Enjoy your good fortune!

•••
Thanks again everyone!!! :D You betcha its gonna get developed... gonna take a while too... but will be well worth it!

RL

•••
well you did a good job on your signature ! so looking forwards to it

•••
•••
So are you going to film yourself fishing ?

•••
•••
•••
Congrats for this great domain, reg fee was a bit high for domainers but you can make a great sale out of it even though, from what I read, you love this domain too much to let it go.

•••
awesome name, i can see it already...

•••
Great name. Expect a Fishing Channel to buy it for you one day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back