Dynadot

.tv Fishing.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear Fellow NP'ers,

I'm very happy to announce that after about 10 years of monitoring Fishing.tv, I've actually been fortunate enough to acquire it with the assistance of a backorder at Name.com. Many thanks to Paul over at Name.com for helping me achieve this long term goal by offering the Backorder Service on a first come, first served basis. It seemed that every time I checked on the status of the domain, it was either registered or was recently re-registered. The approximate $4500/year renewal didn't help either and I'm glad that's a thing of the past now. I'll soon be renewing this one for as many years into the future as I can as this name personally holds terrific value. It still bugs me a bit that Verisign cannot extend this offer to current owners, (ie, one year premium buyout and its reg fee from there), as I feel they should be rewarded for paying premium prices in the first place and should have the first right of refusal to renew at premium prices. Anyways, who knows what the future holds for verisign/.tv and with the future release of Google.tv ...

:)

Roy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow very nice, grats on the pickup its a fabulous domain name.

•••
Congrats on acquiring this name, one of the best names I have seen mentioned in a while.

It still bugs me a bit that Verisign cannot extend this offer to current owners, (ie, one year premium buyout and its reg fee from there), as I feel they should be rewarded for paying premium prices in the first place and should have the first right of refusal to renew at premium prices.

People shouldn't be rewarded for making bad decisions, this isn't welfare.

•••
Awesome name. Congrats. As you already know I own FlyFishing.tv. I have already received multiple offers on the names within few weeks of registering it.

You will definitely receive good offers on this name. Good Luck with it.

•••
Great domain Roy, you cannot go wrong with this one at all.

•••
Congrats Roy!

Best,
A

Dear Fellow NP'ers,

I'm very happy to announce that after about 10 years of monitoring Fishing.tv, I've actually been fortunate enough to acquire it with the assistance of a backorder at Name.com. Many thanks to Paul over at Name.com for helping me achieve this long term goal by offering the Backorder Service on a first come, first served basis. It seemed that every time I checked on the status of the domain, it was either registered or was recently re-registered. The approximate $4500/year renewal didn't help either and I'm glad that's a thing of the past now. I'll soon be renewing this one for as many years into the future as I can as this name personally holds terrific value. It still bugs me a bit that Verisign cannot extend this offer to current owners, (ie, one year premium buyout and its reg fee from there), as I feel they should be rewarded for paying premium prices in the first place and should have the first right of refusal to renew at premium prices. Anyways, who knows what the future holds for verisign/.tv and with the future release of Google.tv ...

:)

Roy

•••
Your patience rewarded, and it will be rewarded again, with a huge end user. Gongrats. :)

Monte

•••
Re: Fishing.tv

Congrats on the name... Love it!

:snaphappy:

•••
Great name Roy. When you sell the name for $100,000 will you take me fishing:)

•••
atta boy, roy!

man fished around the domain pond for a decade till he caught the big one!

•••
•••
Great catch :) - at least this time it didn't get away...

•••
Congrats Roy!

So well deserved :)

•••
You guys made my day! :D

Thank you everyone for your kind comments - they're much appreciated!!! I'm really excited about the possibilities with the name.

Haha Jim - you got it :)

Roy

•••
One of my favs I have seen around for some time :)

Congrats..

•••
Congrats Roy and your next post will be number 1000. Best of luck with the name.

•••
•••
•••
Good for you Roy! That's how I felt when I finally got entrepreneurs.tv. Wanted it, never pulled the trigger until someone else grabbed it and then I finally got it!

•••
•••
congrats.. great name.. huge market.

•••
Fantastic name, you're definitely gonna get a great sale price on this one!

•••
Roy

As you are a person who has helped many of the newer members here in the past it is great to see you get some decent reward.

Wonderful name and I wish you all the best with its future.

•••
What is fishing? :)

Seriously really, really great name! Congrats! :)
And good luck with it!

•••
Great name, a very nice 'catch' you got there. Congrats Roy!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back