IT.COM

UDRP UDRP filed against the SimplePlan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
A UDRP was filed against the SimplePlan.com domain name at the National Arbitration Forum (NAF). The complainant in the UDRP is the company associated with the rock band called Simple Plan. According to NameBio, the SimplePlan.com domain name was sold for $1,675 in October of 2021 at GoDaddy Auctions...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think in some weeks simpleplan band buy this domain for a big amount... maybe 6 digits?

•••
Seems like a simple plan to get their domain. Or will it turn out not to be?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Their new site, OfficialSimplePlan.com will do the trick if the new owner does not want to sell.

•••
Use autorenew. Add a second, backup card. Add an yearly check reminder.

Or just a plain website monitor - UptimeRobot is free. Whenever something goes down for any reason, it pings me right away.

It's their fault (former owners) for not keeping a grip on their stuff. The UDRP decision is absolutely correct.

This also reminds me of countless firms who never have a backup of their site data (including busy applications), or never tested a backup restore, not to mention a secondary backup (I feel ridiculous for even mentioning this due to how few actually do this).

Guess what, one day their business goes up in flames because they lost all data.

Stupidity - you pay for it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back