NameSilo

First Reports on Traffic West & Domain Roundtable Just Posted at DNJournal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:lala:

San Francisco's Ron James, the owner of the NamePros.com domain forum is at Domain Roundtable and in a post at his forum he said, "They've done a great job so far organizing the event, it's been an interesting day one. I attended a panel discussion about the expiring domain market and another dealing with the domain aftermarket business. He also enjoyed the Parsons talk. "He gave a spirited lecture about phishing, ICANN, government regulation and other topics," James said.

I know RJ has been really looking forward to the Roundtable ... so good to hear all is well there in Seattle (I think it's been raining more here in NH than there ... the past month)! :yell:
Look forward to more updates, and please tell him that we here at Staff™ miss seeing him around the water cooler, at the 'foosball table, etc. The electrical tape and clothes hanger(s) still seem to be holding the servers together pretty well, so no worries there! :p

Thanks, Duke.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Just posted updates on Day 2 at the two conferences. Links to both are on DNJournal's home page: http://www.dnjournal.com/

Quite a busy day at both places. At Traffic, Google & Overture reps were challenged as to why they keep renting traffic instead of purchasing their own domains and at Roundtable a CEO discussion took center stage, along with an unscheduled session put on by the proposed .xxx registry. I've also added some attendee comments to the Day 1 update from Traffic (more on how VC's are valuing domains).

Quoted -RJ- again. He does such a great job of reporting I might have to try to hire him!

•••
Thanks for the updates on the conferences, Duke.

I'd have a really hard time going there and NOT begging for good domain names, money, etc. B-)

•••
Thanks for the updates, Duke! :)

RJ

•••
•••
Hey,

I really enjoyed reading it! Thanks Duke!

Regards,

Studio:wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back