Domain Empire

domains First Capital Realty wins WIPO for FirstCapitalCanada.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing. I think the reason they went after this is because it contains Canada and because of them and their market being Canada, it made sense. For a company valued 8 Billion, I believe the owner should have responded to their emails because at the end of the day, they spent money to launch the UDRP. What is interesting is that maybe, just maybe, the owner registered the name while having them in mind.

•••
After reading it more, now, I confirmed the domain owner was bad, very very bad.

"
The Complainant alleges that the Respondent registered the disputed domain name on April 16, 2020; that it used the name to resolve to a website impersonating the Complainant’s identity and featuring the Complainant’s trademarks, including its logo which is the subject of numerous trademark registrations. The Complainant alleges further that the Respondent used the disputed domain name as an instrument of fraud, offering fake loans in exchange for a fee, or offering advance fee loans, for which those seeking loans paid a fee but received neither the loan nor return of the advance fee they paid to the Respondent. The Complainant alleges that the Respondent sought, by these means, to take advantage of Canadians facing challenging financial circumstances during the pandemic.

The Complainant contends further, that on May 1, 2020, the hosting company terminated the Respondent’s website, on the Complainant’s demand; but that the Respondent reactivated the website through a different hosting company."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back