IT.COM

legal Google Wins another WIPO Case

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The unfortunate thing for Google is that the word 'Google' (noun) is fast becoming a verb 'google'. It would be interesting if one day the lawyers for both sides ended up in a court over such. It could well be that 'Google' has just become to big and popular too protect itself from the use of humans.

Now that would be a battle royal. :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
The unfortunate thing for Google is that the word 'Google' (noun) is fast becoming a verb 'google'.
People often make this argument. But do people really use "Google it" to mean anything other than to use actual Google for search? I'd argue that they don't.

They don't literally use the word Google to mean anything other than in relation to Google products. Unlike when people started to use the brand Hoover to be synonymous with any vaccum to do the cleaning.

I'd argue that Google isn't becoming a verb in that way. You won't find people saying "use Bing or Yahoo to Google it" because search or find already serve as the generic verbs.

I will only agree when it is used to mean many products/things that aren't Google.

Sorry for an argument that you didn't ask for:hungry::nailbiting::bag:...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back