NameSilo

Finally Got my own dedicated server

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

food_consult

Established Member
Impact
5
well I finally got my own dedicated server in Los Angeles.... it's such a freeing experience ;)



:kickass: :kickass:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You mean a rented one or did you buy one?
Do you have physical access to it?
 
0
•••
Purchase one and have access to it in Downtown LA... ahhhh security at last
 
0
•••
B-) - best of luck with it.
 
0
•••
thanks webfreak ;)
 
0
•••
I'm going to be getting a dedicated server of my own soon. Tell me how it feels to be in control of everything :) Sounds exciting, best of luck with it!
 
0
•••
Your saying ahhhh security at last but that could be just the oppisite. Because with a dedicated server it can be alot less secure because your don't have someone doing that for you anymore unless you do? Or you know how yourself. But with dedicated you get so much more power. Best of luck would you mind letting us know who it is from?
 
0
•••
Blue-inc don't wait just do it!! I don't know where you are located but having the server close to me feels good. Plus my server is in one of the safest buildings in los angeles(the place is like Fort Knox)
 
0
•••
food_consult said:
Blue-inc don't wait just do it!! I don't know where you are located but having the server close to me feels good. Plus my server is in one of the safest buildings in los angeles(the place is like Fort Knox)

Warehouse security is generally not as important as server software/hardware security itself. Rarely, if ever, did a datacenter get 'attacked'; but frequently servers do if they are not secured. So make sure to go over your settings for best results
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Is there a good list of Data-Centers that provide space to put your own server?
 
0
•••
Hey food-consult
Can give me some space on your server?
 
0
•••
bbalegere said:
Hey food-consult
Can give me some space on your server?
There's always one. :bingo:
 
0
•••
food_consult said:
Blue-inc don't wait just do it!! I don't know where you are located but having the server close to me feels good. Plus my server is in one of the safest buildings in los angeles(the place is like Fort Knox)

When I meant soon, I meant very soon, this Tuesday to be exact. :) I believe my server is going to be located at Savvis which is thousands of miles away from me. :hehe:
 
0
•••
I highly recommend the guys that set me up http://www.coloroom.com/ !!! Supper efficient and great prices! Plus they really held my hand since it was the first time I purchased a dedicated server!
 
0
•••
Glad to see a fellow NP member go colo. We transfered 6 months ago to colo so that we can have local staff actually manage our servers. We have full access to all our hardware and the pricing difference between leasing and colocating is phenomenal.

Good luck and hope all goes well :)
 
0
•••
How much does it cost to go colo?
 
0
•••
bbalegere said:
Hey food-consult
Can give me some space on your server?
Sure...
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back