Dynadot

Dedicated server

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know of a good low cost dedicated server?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that is a pretty vauge question with so many different hardware and software configs out there it makes it very hard to answer the question without haveing some requirements anyhow i have always found webhostingtalk to be a good place to find deals on servers.

•••
•••
I am looking for about 100GB Drive and 1000 or 1500 Bandwidth. Something along those lines.

•••
your bandwidth you mean 1000 / 1500gig ? or 100gig

•••
Would an 80GB Hard Drive do? I sent a pm.

•••
cb711 said:
I am looking for about 100GB Drive and 1000 or 1500 Bandwidth. Something along those lines.
Ok and what about the RAM ? What type of server do you need ? Do you have a budget for this requirements ?

•••
I want 1000GB or 1500GB Bandwidth. I am not really sure about ram, I think 1GB. I really want 99% uptime.

•••
We can offer 1000GB bandwidth, upgradable at any time. Our site design is almost done. Also for 1GB ram that would be a $50 one time fee upgrade. Our network is guranteed 99.99% uptime and no less than 1MS packet loss in a month base or free day credits are given :)

•••
layeredtech.com try them

•••
I'm with layeredtech and the last 2 weeks have been fine after some hiccups (fingers crossed and praying to the lord it remains that way.)

FDC are also good mate as mmelen has already pointed out.

•••
LayeredTech is great but DataBank (there dc) is very slow. Savvis was much better until it got filled up ;)

•••
My choice would also be layeredtech. EV1 may have a configuration that suits your needs too.

•••
If layeredtech and EV1 dont match your needs, http://webhostingbuzz.com is very good, but their dedicated is abt US$36/mo. If you dont mind not having dediccated, u can buy very good hosting starting at US$3/mo

•••
check servermatrix.com

been with them 2 years and its been a good experience

•••
I use layeredtech.com and they are great but found out they don't have ddos protection. I found that out this month but I managed to stop the attacks or my server admin did. They are very good I am in the savvis datacenter not sure about there new one.

•••
FDC rocks IMHO....

I've been using it for 6 months now... No problems absolutely..

Best part is they give genuine unmetered bandwidth on any of their dedicated package ;)

•••
•••
Try 15minutes.com or fastservers.net

•••
If you are after a layeredtech server check out server4sale.com - they are a reseller and offer managed service. There prices are lower as they get quite a big discount on all LT server. They also resell for softlayer.

•••
cb711 said:
Does anyone know of a good low cost dedicated server?

You have to be careful about price. Lots of time the lower costing ones aren't the best at support and uptime, although everyone these days boast that theirs is. Check out dediwebhost.com. They purchase servers off of me so I know that their hardware is reliable. Tell them that I referred you to them and they might even work something better out for you.

•••
•••
check layeredtech server sale here .

•••
Maybe this is a good one: http://www.giga-international.com it's a German company... my business partner from Germany said that they are exelent with support and other things, and they have awesome prices, maybe i will in the future buy one of them.

Currently i have one of fdcservers.com and they are exelent (super fast support).

Good luck,
Marco Sousa

•••
shanee86 said:
I use layeredtech.com and they are great but found out they don't have ddos protection. I found that out this month but I managed to stop the attacks or my server admin did. They are very good I am in the savvis datacenter not sure about there new one.

what do you mean they don't have DDoS and they manage to stop the attack?

they have some sort of dedicated personnel to provide security ?

are you not recommending not to host with them?

your infos are highly appreciated...

V

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back