Dynadot

Cheap, quality dedicated servers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm sure this has been discussed - but i'm considering getting another dedicated server for just a couple things, not for hosting account like my current servers.

Any recommendations for someone w/o setup fees, reasonable monthly fees, decent enough support, low downtime etc? It doesn't need to be a powerhouse server..

I have seen those $59-$99 servers at valueweb, and I'm almost considering one of these: http://www.valueweb.com/dedicated/dedicated-hosting.htm

anyone have any experience w/ these or any other good deals?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest ServerMatrix.com, they have a great datacenter and I have been very pleased with my service with them so far.

•••
They seem like a solid operation, it's those setup fees I just don't want to pay for!

•••
I've heard that http://www.tomsyer.net/ is pretty good. I have it listed as a best buy on my site. According to the guy I know he says that they have really good support.

•••
a guy I know had nothing but problems w/ tomsyer.. no return calls, took days to setup the server, and the list goes on.. then weeks after it finally got setup, they came back to say they mistakenly setup the boot partition too small and had to fix the server and that it had some old install of win 95 on it as well? (this was a linux server) very odd stuff..

I would love to find a solid place that had their rates though..

•••
ev1server is good, they have a good rep for good dedicated servers

•••
i suggest tomsyer, and if you have complaints about service, well my servers havnt been down yet, and everything else, i fix it myself through all the programs they give you. If you need so much help and customer support, you shouldnt have a dedicated server. They do take SOME skill.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back