Dynadot

Finalizing search for Universal WHOIS brand name - WhoQ.com

NameSilo
Watch

Which brand name would you prefer as a highly accurate source for global WHOIS search?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
I previously announced a search for a brand name for a universal WHOIS.

In the meantime, we have some finalist names. I could use some help selecting a winner for a new global WHOIS search tool that will support both conventional domains and Blockchain domains.

In full disclosure, Epik.com is the buyer for this domain. The solution will address one of the great industry challenges of having WHOIS info hidden due to GDPR compliance making it hard to reach the registrant.

See example:

upload_2019-2-1_16-24-45.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They're all good choices but I think the last 2 are the best. I went with WhoQ because it's a little bit similar to my GOTaQ.

•••
•••
I chose WhoQ. Regy is clearly the best domain in the bunch as far as general worth is concerned, but for a Whois service I think WhoQ might be more suitable. Short for Whois Query. Can't go wrong with Regy too though.

Last edited:
•••
I think my name missed in the poll list
WhosGlobal.com , anyways all the best!

Thanks,

•••
•••
These are all whorrible..
exactly.
Brand name should be one word, pronounceable....
Should not have much more typos...
@Rob Monster I have dropped DM with alternative name, if you consider...

•••
Regy.com is Perfectly Apt as per Technical Terminology BUT, As per End Users POV.. WhoQ.com Stands Out.

Last edited:
•••
How about considering other late suggestions? I only saw this just now and have what I consider a slightly different and IMO interesting take on this domain. Would you consider a new entry? I'll PM it so you can see.

Last edited:
•••
To me this depends a bit on who your intended user is and how you plan to reach them. Who is it that needs whois services? Why are you offering them - as a good deed or a chance to attract eyeballs to sell other services?

What question that people ask will bring them to your site and how will they get there - search, social, links, ads? Why does someone want to know who owns a domain? Sounds like the questioners you are interested in are the ones asking "Who owns that domain and how do I contact them to buy it?" - which is a specific subset of searchers.

My fav here is WhoZone - contains Who and zone is place you find the whois, and possibly related services. Just about passes the radio test - not many would think they had heard "Hoozone" which would be a site for owl fans.

Regy I like but has radio issues and assumes the user actually understands that a domain owner is called a registrant. WhoQ has serious issues with radio and memorability but would make a nice graphic. Nice for related services offers, like domain history, privacy services etc but WhoZone is good for that too.

Last edited:
•••
Regy is short and easy to remember! I like it!

But you search a "universal WHOIS" name?
Take 'whoisuniversal.com' , it is still available!

Last edited:
•••
You didn't have any options "none of above"?

•••
vote on WhoQ, clear and catchy...easy to remember and type..specially for nonenglish speaker..we like simple words...RegY is good name of course, but just dont understand how it link with whois sevice...it more like register name..

•••
WhoQ

Because it is relevant, short, quirky, modern and sexy.
Rest are bit oldschool.
:xf.cool::xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
WhoQ

Because it is relevant, short, quirky, modern and sexy.
Rest are just oldschool crap.
:xf.cool::xf.cool:

Here is ultra modern, catchy & even sound like (whois)

Woohis///com

•••
Woohis///com
It sure is interesting !
WhoQ also happens to be a 4L which has some intrinsic value.
Anyone going shorter might run into XXXXX.

WhoO would have been an option but is already developed.

•••
WhoIsUsing.com

^

Trumps them all 👍🏼

•••
I like bywho.com as its short. But why not tie it to the great brand you already have? I'm thinking Epik/whois/com - Epic/whois/com. It would add a level of trust to the service Plus it makes an great name.

Sidenote, it's still available in case people want to reg it, don't and leave it available for Rob as an option.

•••
•••
Regy is the best from the list but not suitable/relevant for a whois service imo.
WhoQ is short and cool, I like it but sounds a bit off (who key)...
DNWhois is the one I like most for this project so I voted for this one.

Hope this helps

•••
How about WhosGlobal.com ?

Who's means "who is or who has", please refer link -

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/whos-whose/

Thanks,
Sumeeth
Please quit spamming with this crappy domain. Maybe we should post the grammarly link along with the company logo so customers know it's a great name. Give it up already. It doesn't even rate consideration.

•••
•••
@Rob Monster , i prefer WhoZone ...maybe, just maybe WhoQ

•••
As someone standing on the domaining sideline for more than 5-6 years now, i think from just a "searcher" perspective the names are horrible, as someone said above.
If i try to find info on a business in my city, the first thing what comes to mind is to use the word "lookup". All this "who" and "is" was created in the early days, get something fresh. Yes lookupdotcom is probably out of budget range, but then play with the slang.

•••
Closing this one out.

We bought the domain WhoQ.com tonight, and will use that as our brand for universal GDPR-compliant WHOIS search for conventional domains and blockchain domains.

Thanks to the @Nem0 for a smooth transaction and a fast sale. Thanks to others for submitting their ideas and providing input on this important new project for connecting buyers and sellers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back