Domain Empire

Filling out a W-9 for Parked? (Tax help)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Parked is prompting me to fill out a W-9. I've never really filed taxes because I've never had a job where I wasn't paid under the table, so I'm not exactly sure what happens? They have an online form to fill out, will they then send me some form. Err... yeah, I'm a bit lost. And will this get taxed as income or capital gains?

Note: I'm only 17, so I'm asking in this section as opposed to the Parked thread.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check your state requirements for how much you need to have made first. Secondly, google your questions. I did, and found the answers to them all.. I would go through them with you, but I don't have the time..

It will be capital gains.. Sorry for lack of information.. I thought I would just pitch some help to you though.

•••
I used them for a while, and I just used my SSN.

Im 15, and it worked fine.
But be careful.

Dont just throw around your SSN,

•••
Ok, so I googled it and I found that the W-9 is goes to my "employer" and not to the IRS directly. But I saw this quote:
Those who freelance may fill out a W-9 for companies who pay for their services but do not consider freelancers employees. The 1099 form then provides a record of earnings for the freelancer at the end of the year.
But wouldn't I get something different than a 1099 considering this is taxed as capital gains and not income? (I'm on the impression that a 1099 is for income).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back