IT.COM

Fb.link - Fb.com sold for $8M and Facebook is buying all FB Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
I am the owner of Fb.link and Fb.click. Fb.com sold to Facebook for $8.5M and they have also just acquired. no_url_shorteners for URL shortening. Fb.link(especially this one) and Fb.click are two hot domains that Facebook would want to snap up and are potentially worth several hundreds of thousands each.

Estibot has shown this domain to be valued at $10,000 but it is worth much more than this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Only a handful. They all made their fortunes on .com though.

There is still extremely big money to be made in .com domains depending on the quality of .com bought and the price paid and the time an investor is prepared to sit on them

•••
They own a shorter domains like fb.com and no_url_shorteners so why would they want a .link or .click for 'url shortening'?

Just auction your domains, and invest the profit in better domains.

•••
If you are able to show these to his lawyers I would be very grateful for your help. If they are not interested at least I know where I stand.
Arfhan

These lawyers will smash you like a bug on the windshield !

I appreciate your reply, finally someone who is willing to offer some help rather than just spam the post.
Arfhan

In this case the "spam" is the help and you should listen to them. You are playing with fire and you may regret for the rest of your life. So if you really want help to your unwell parents, read this forum carefully, get to NameJet or similar places, get some decent domains (without TM conflict), start from the scratch and get your hands of these domains. it's a friendly advice, no offense. Good luck tho.

•••
These lawyers will smash you like a bug on the windshield !

In this case the "spam" is the help and you should listen to them. You are playing with fire and you may regret for the rest of your life. So if you really want help to your unwell parents, read this forum carefully, get to NameJet or similar places, get some decent domains (without TM conflict), start from the scratch and get your hands of these domains. it's a friendly advice, no offense. Good luck tho.

Woah buddy ...

Did you just call me Spam ?

•••
This is called Cyber Squatting

•••
let these go and do not try to contact facebook. they aint going to see what you are thinking and messing around with massive companies like facebook is asking for trouble. what you think could be a big payday could make you bankrupt.

•••
allegedly Facebook are going video so if they wanted any other gtld they might want fb.video or fb.videos but they are more than capable of finding them and negotiating a fair reasonable price with the existing owners if they do not own them already?

•••
•••
Fb.io was sold for $10k plus at Flippa? Mark and his wife are super professional. Both of them know that they used two letter "FB" that is true. It it also true that Mark & His wife intelligently knows that "FB" is a dictionary letter and super acronyms. Facebook has more cash, than the time to argue that "FB" is not an acronyms and think they should own the world's "FB" incylophedia.
More important, Facebook don't like freebies, and they have a history of paying stuff that interest them. This is the right to do; and a good moral practices. Just my thought.

•••
•••
Fb.io was sold for $10k plus at Flippa? Mark and his wife are super professional. Both of them know that they used two letter "FB" that is true. It it also true that Mark & His wife intelligently knows that "FB" is a dictionary letter and super acronyms. Facebook has more cash, than the time to argue that "FB" is not an acronyms and think they should own the world's "FB" incylophedia.
More important, Facebook don't like freebies, and they have a history of paying stuff that interest them. This is the right to do; and a good moral practices. Just my thought.

chances are that mark will not make decisions regarding this. lawyers will.

Acronyms are not safe. There are many decisions against acronyms when used in bad faith.

Last edited:
•••
there should be an alternative to udrps

udrps are ok i suppose if s trademark owner wins but very expensive if a udrp is lost

a much better alternative is for a trademark owner to pay domain name investor $100 maximum effectively a finders fee

that way a trademark owner gets the domain they want the domain name investor recoups some of their expense instead of nothing at all and its s dairy way of resolving a common problem in domain name investing which allows the domain name industry to progress instead of decrease in to all but nothing

Facebook may start a new trend on how to buy trademark infringed domains from domain name investors the effortless way that rewards both fb and the domain name investor

long term udrps are a complete waste of time

•••
Facebook purchased FB and used it for acronym for "Facebook" for their business. For thier business "Fb" stands for "Facebook" nothing else.

•••
chances are that mark will not make decisions regarding this. lawyers will.

Acronyms are not safe. There are many decisions against acronyms when used in bad faith.

FB, should only stands for "Facebook" :ahhh:

•••
Fb may stand for anything, but when you're offering it to Facebook CEO it become a bad faith / cyber squatting .

•••
It won't be long before Facebook do the same i suppose with gr as in gameroom gr.com etc and or ws? As i suppose work.space ws.com

•••
Facebook purchased FB and used it for acronym for "Facebook" for their business. For thier business "Fb" stands for "Facebook" nothing else.

There is a big difference between:

Owning fb.com before Facebook existed. Operating a website on it. Not marketing it to Facebook.

and

registering fb.click because Zuckerberg is a billionaire and contacting him on Twitter hoping to get 6 figures from him.

•••
There is a big difference between:

Owning fb.com before Facebook existed. Operating a website on it. Not marketing it to Facebook.

and

registering fb.click because Zuckerberg is a billionaire and contacting him on Twitter hoping to get 6 figures from him.
It is not your business to make things configuration; neither to spy anybody activities; you have a tendency of making things into conflict mood. Not good.

Last edited:
•••
Redundant, irrelevant and useless to facebook imo.

If you can only imagine the trademark holders use for the domains you buy then you are in this game with a very narrow vision, and bad ethics too.

•••
I'm sure everyone at some stage starts off by registering trademark names...read the forums and you will become a better domainer :)

•••
I'm sure everyone at some stage starts off by registering trademark names...read the forums and you will become a better domainer :)

i think the ones starting with TMs either adapt or drop out quickly.

The worst that can happen is that you get lucky and you make some money with TMs.

Then you will just get greedy and buy more and try to repeat the same strategy. Then it's only a question of time before it is virtually guaranteed that you get into massive trouble.

•••
Develop it.

Feck Buddy Link.. Oh wait that would be an online community as well.. nevermind..

Fruit Bar Link

Fresh Bait Link

Foamy Bath Link

They can't claim that they own FB, but you do need to develop it, don't just let it sit parked or something. And also delete this thread.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back