IT.COM

Fb.link - Fb.com sold for $8M and Facebook is buying all FB Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
I am the owner of Fb.link and Fb.click. Fb.com sold to Facebook for $8.5M and they have also just acquired. no_url_shorteners for URL shortening. Fb.link(especially this one) and Fb.click are two hot domains that Facebook would want to snap up and are potentially worth several hundreds of thousands each.

Estibot has shown this domain to be valued at $10,000 but it is worth much more than this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Text him 1-800-CyberSquatting

•••
I'm sorry. Wrong thread. I thought this was the Mensa meeting... I'll be on my merry way. :lookaround:

•••
Seriously ? Stop dreaming. If domaining was that easy we would all be millionaires.

•••
They aren't spam responses just because you don't like them. It takes very little common sense to realize that just because they bought no_url_shorteners, that they won't automatically want .link and .click. If they wanted your names, you would have gotten an email from them long ago. Move on and invest in better names that don't rely on someone else's company

•••
Furthermore I agree that Mark would not file a UDRP as I am sure he is a reasonable person and I am not trying to extort money or use the domain maliciously to damage the bran

brand issues will likely be handled by lawyers not mark. They are dealing with cybersquatters all day long don't expect them to be nice.

You are knowingly trying to profit from their brand by contacting them.(bad faith)

It's at best borderline cybersquatting at worst it is cybersquatting.

I think similar offers to large TM holders (I think something like vw.TLD) resulted in an UDRP in the past.

You really don't know what you are doing. Buy generic domains and contact potential buyers.

Stay away from TMs.

I am the owner of Fb.link and Fb.click. Fb.com sold to Facebook for $8.5M and they have also just acquired. no_url_shorteners for URL shortening. Fb.link(especially this one) and Fb.click are two hot domains that Facebook would want to snap up and are potentially worth several hundreds of thousands each.

You are posting in public that you are buying up fb.TLD domains intending to sell them to facebook and hoping to get more than $10k per name.

The only reasonable reaction that you can expect from their lawyers would be an UDRP or threaten to sue you.

Last edited:
•••
Fb may stand for anything, but when you're offering it to Facebook CEO it become a bad faith / cyber squatting .

•••
•••
If you are able to show these to his lawyers I would be very grateful for your help. If they are not interested at least I know where I stand.
Arfhan

These lawyers will smash you like a bug on the windshield !

I appreciate your reply, finally someone who is willing to offer some help rather than just spam the post.
Arfhan

In this case the "spam" is the help and you should listen to them. You are playing with fire and you may regret for the rest of your life. So if you really want help to your unwell parents, read this forum carefully, get to NameJet or similar places, get some decent domains (without TM conflict), start from the scratch and get your hands of these domains. it's a friendly advice, no offense. Good luck tho.

•••
Just create a Facebook account and become his friend. Then just send him a message.

•••
Dude,
Are you for real?! If so, don't expect anyone to do business with you.
This post guarantees a UDRP coming your way @ 1500.00 each and no defense. Use them for something else or drop them other wise they could also take you to court instead and get 100k+ fees and costs.

Cheers

•••
Hi Alex,

I appreciate your reply, finally someone who is willing to offer some help rather than just spam the post. I wanted to make Mark aware of these domains as they could be used for URL shortening, advertising links, app APIs, redirect domains, sandbox domains and or backup domains amongst many more use cases. If you are able to show these to his lawyers I would be very grateful for your help. If they are not interested at least I know where I stand. Furthermore I agree that Mark would not file a UDRP as I am sure he is a reasonable person and I am not trying to extort money or use the domain maliciously to damage the brand. I have reached out in the first instance to make him aware of the fact that I am in possession of these domains. Furthermore, any money I do end up raising will be for my parents who are both unwell and whom I want to help retire. My father is a postman who currently has a problem with his foot and is still having to work and my mother has just had surgery to have a pacemaker fitted and she will have to go back to working in a supermarket a few days later. I am just doing what I can for them.

Thanks,

Arfhan

Of course, I understand where you are coming from completely ! So long as you don't create a "social network" on these names you'll be fine ! Mark gets millions of emails, millions literally so he doesn't really respond to any of them even if they are worth his time which is a shame, even more so his staff including his direct secretary are not knowledgeable on Internet assets so it gets slipped under the table ...

I'll reach out to his lawyers for you but don't feel so down if they are not interested or if they even reply ...
They reply only to assets that are worthy of making Mark happy and in this case, Mark doesn't need any reroute link domains ... He needs new ideas that promise a bigger future or if you can convince the owner of Snapchat to sell message me ;) he wants them bad

Best Regards,

Alex

Last edited:
•••
This is called Cyber Squatting

•••
Facebook purchased FB and used it for acronym for "Facebook" for their business. For thier business "Fb" stands for "Facebook" nothing else.

There is a big difference between:

Owning fb.com before Facebook existed. Operating a website on it. Not marketing it to Facebook.

and

registering fb.click because Zuckerberg is a billionaire and contacting him on Twitter hoping to get 6 figures from him.

•••
There is a big difference between:

Owning fb.com before Facebook existed. Operating a website on it. Not marketing it to Facebook.

and

registering fb.click because Zuckerberg is a billionaire and contacting him on Twitter hoping to get 6 figures from him.
It is not your business to make things configuration; neither to spy anybody activities; you have a tendency of making things into conflict mood. Not good.

Last edited:
•••
Develop it.

Feck Buddy Link.. Oh wait that would be an online community as well.. nevermind..

Fruit Bar Link

Fresh Bait Link

Foamy Bath Link

They can't claim that they own FB, but you do need to develop it, don't just let it sit parked or something. And also delete this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Just send a message through Facebook to Zuckerberg. He will pay you easy hundreds of thousands. Don't hesitate to contact him, because few know that he decides what domains to buy.

•••
Just send a message through Facebook to Zuckerberg. He will pay you easy hundreds of thousands. Don't hesitate to contact him, because few know that he decides what domains to buy.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the advice. I am not sure how to message him! How can I contact Mark Zuckerberg?

•••
•••
•••
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the advice. I am not sure how to message him! How can I contact Mark Zuckerberg?

Speaking realistically ...

If you want to contact him, I can put you in touch, but it won't be by these names ... As for the people saying UDRP, Mark wouldn't waste his time.

But if you have something valuable and promising, and when you have something valuable and promising;
I'll be more then happy to show his lawyers ...

Best Regards,

Alex

•••
Of course, I understand where you are coming from completely ! So long as you don't create a "social network" on these names you'll be fine ! Mark gets millions of emails, millions literally so he doesn't really respond to any of them even if they are worth his time which is a shame, even more so his staff including his direct secretary are not knowledgeable on Internet assets so it gets slipped under the table ...

I'll reach out to his lawyers for you but don't feel so down if they are not interested or if they even reply ...
They reply only to assets that are worthy of making Mark happy and in this case, Mark doesn't need any reroute link domains ... He needs new ideas that promise a bigger future or if you can convince the owner of Snapchat to sell message me ;) he wants them bad

Best Regards,

Alex

brilliant post

love the bit about snapchat

even multi billionaires can't buy what isn't for sale

i pre registered

i.doctor thinking it could be the internets doctor but decided not to buy it

i pre registered the domain thebest.games shortly before mark bought gameroom.com

and own 0office

•••
•••
These lawyers will smash you like a bug on the windshield !

In this case the "spam" is the help and you should listen to them. You are playing with fire and you may regret for the rest of your life. So if you really want help to your unwell parents, read this forum carefully, get to NameJet or similar places, get some decent domains (without TM conflict), start from the scratch and get your hands of these domains. it's a friendly advice, no offense. Good luck tho.

Woah buddy ...

Did you just call me Spam ?

•••
Fb.io was sold for $10k plus at Flippa? Mark and his wife are super professional. Both of them know that they used two letter "FB" that is true. It it also true that Mark & His wife intelligently knows that "FB" is a dictionary letter and super acronyms. Facebook has more cash, than the time to argue that "FB" is not an acronyms and think they should own the world's "FB" incylophedia.
More important, Facebook don't like freebies, and they have a history of paying stuff that interest them. This is the right to do; and a good moral practices. Just my thought.

•••
Fb.io was sold for $10k plus at Flippa? Mark and his wife are super professional. Both of them know that they used two letter "FB" that is true. It it also true that Mark & His wife intelligently knows that "FB" is a dictionary letter and super acronyms. Facebook has more cash, than the time to argue that "FB" is not an acronyms and think they should own the world's "FB" incylophedia.
More important, Facebook don't like freebies, and they have a history of paying stuff that interest them. This is the right to do; and a good moral practices. Just my thought.

chances are that mark will not make decisions regarding this. lawyers will.

Acronyms are not safe. There are many decisions against acronyms when used in bad faith.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back