Dynadot

Favorite Offer Emails Received-Love'em

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I get offers on my domains regularly and love to see what technique folks use to entice you to sell at low prices. Everything from "I am a student, working on a project with not a lot of money"(but they own 1200 domains via research) to a simple "How Much?" request without ever providing an offer $ in a "Make Offer" response. I recieved one today that I love.

"Hi, I was wondering what you wanted for the domain WillMaker.com(not the real domain). I am pregnant and want to name my son Will. So I thought it would be cute to buy him his own domain. Thanks for your time, Dawn Maker"

There was a $15 offer included as well. A little reseach and suprise...the .net was just regged today. Her IP address was in San Jose but her e-mail name said something like [email protected]. I love to respond to these with "Thank you for the offer but we have no interest in sell WillMaker.com for $15. Thank you." Leaving the door open for more, bigger offers. I do love the creativity they use though.

Do you have funny or favorite offer emails? Would love to see them. Cheers and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone in Korea has my first initial-last name .com for sale. Lets call it jrobertson.com. Somewhat common last name, run of the mill first letter. I threw him a $60 offer, figuring he would counter with $200 and we would wind up somewhere between $100 and $130.
Obviously, getting excited that "Jack Robertson" was making an offer on jrobertson.com, he countered with $4000. I laughed out loud and immediately closed negotiations (and I sure hope whoever it is is a namepros member, so I can publicly embarrass you for being such an idiot).

I think aftermarket domaining has become an moron contest between ignorant buyers who have no idea what domains are really worth ("Hello... I own a bakery in Iowa... I can offer you $100 for bakery.com.."), and completely delusional sellers who believe that if they hold out a bit longer, that enormous offer for ZOMGThisDomainIsSoAwesomeLOLOLOL.com is right around the corner.

Last edited:
•••
Recently received a $200 offer on Sedo for a domain I could flip for $500-$1000 pretty easily. Her comment:

===
Hi there,

I am a single mom who is trying to start a small home business. I really need this domain but I don't have a large budget at all. Please do help me out with this. I really need this!

Thanks!
===

I just smiled and hit the "Cancel Negotiation" button.

And from an earlier negotiation (lowballed me at 50 GBP for a $695 domain):
===
Hello, I am a university student and would like to buy your domain to go with my .co.uk version of the same name however I cannot afford the £400/500 you were offering and I doubt anyone would be interested in buying the domain other than my self so I am offering the maximum I can afford which will cover the cost of you buying the domain in the first place, please take this offer seriously as I would very much like to own this domain but am a student and individual who cannot afford your higher prices. Please!
===

Hey, I can't blame these parties. if they can't afford the domainer's asking price, it doesn't hurt to try lowballing him/her. You never know whether he/she might be desparate for cash, and in most cases they could reapproach the domainer later with a much higher offer.

•••
My absolute favorite is this one:

"see you in arbitration, thats trademarked and you do 000000 with it."

Email address it came from? [email protected]

•••
The most simple and interesting inquiry I have received was "is this url for sale?"

The buyer uses URL which confused me and I thought he wanted to buy hardlinks from this mini website. :tu: He does have few knowledge on the value of domain names, but finally we closed a deal at $9k. :)

•••
This one is a classic. I didn't even bother responding.
There are so many layers of BS here.

My wife and I are interested in this domain name. We are christians and have been given sevral words we believe by God that we are going to have babies through her womb even though her tubes have been tied for 20 years and she is 48 years old. God has been very clear with His words about the miracle that we believe is about to take place in our lives. The name XXXXXX came to her after spending time with God about sharing our miracle with the world and giving others a platform to do the same. We do not understand all that God wants to do through us but we are simply stepping out on faith to obey His word to us. We have very limited resources but we believe where God guides, He provides. For with God, all things are possible. We would like to speak with you as soon as possible about this. Thank you and God bless!

Brad

•••
$100 is a "cash injection"? LOL

Brad

Here is my favorite:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an independent contractor working on behalf of a variety of companies,and individuals across the world.
I work in a variety of online industries including (albeit not limited to)web design, development, and hosting.

I have been tasked with contacting, and negotiating on behalf of an individual in relation to the domain name twa.org.
A quick 'Whois' look up provided this address as a contact for the domains ownership, hence why you have received this.

In this particular case, the individual on whose behalf I am working is developing a network of information based websites.
The intention is that development will provide a variety of useful information that many many Internet users are looking for on a daily basis. It is hoped that good rankings in search engines, and natural interest in the subject matter will allow such a network to be successful, and profitable.
A vital aspect of such a development is the domain names around which the various websites are branded. A website about cats is clearly more suited to the 'cat.com' domain than 'stevethepussycat.com'. Numerous people looking
for information on cats would type in cat.com, and thus a good domain is a sure fire way of reaching your target audience.

On the basis of the above, down to business.. We would be very interest in obtaining the domain name should it be obtainable for the offer price of 100(USD).

The whois database is not particularly informative, but I hasten to add that for any individual, or a company, such a cash injection during such a tough economic period is always helpful. Perhaps the sum of the above will make a sale a viable possibility for you.

I thank you for your time, and politely request a response in a timely manner.
Many Thanks

Stephen Antwar"

Needless to say I didn't respond since it cost almost $6900 about three years ago.:o

There have been others I found interesting...Like some of the .coms I dropped in the past and they offer to sell the net, org, or info.

PS Brad, I get those too. They probably make me cringe or get angry the most.

•••
Some real good stuff in here, keep it coming :D

•••
LOL Those last two gave me a much needed laugh :laugh: best ones i'v heard yet !

I got the "i'm a poor student" pitch before, I did a quick search on Google and found out it was a NP member who I had spoken to a few times before by PM.

I resisted the temptation to string them along and just replied Hello "NP username" - it's me G azzip :snaphappy:

..you know who you are ;)

•••
A website about cats is clearly more suited to the 'cat.com' domain than 'stevethepussycat.com'. Numerous people looking
for information on cats would type in cat.com, and thus a good domain is a sure fire way of reaching your target audience.

An offer AND a lesson. How generous!

•••
I keep getting offers from people claiming they want the domains for 'charity' and that they want to use it for non profit...
Little research shows otherwise. Thats the most common low ball approach I get.

•••
:lol: some of these are great!

I have a personal health site and the best email I have
received to date was from a girl in California

Hi, My name is Jackie. I noticed you are the owner
of (namehere) .com and the content looks like it's yours too.

I am doing a project at school on Celiac Disease and I was
wondering if I could buy all your stuff? I can pretend it's
all mine and I'd get extra marks for putting it on Google.

I can't pay much, maybe $10 for all of it.
Can you please send it to my Godaddy information account
and mail me the files? I need it by the end of next week.

Thank you,
Jackie XXXXX
9th Grade Student

•••
lol mis chiff, Jackie has a lot more to learn about business but have to give her credit for trying if she is really a 9th grader.

•••
"Hi, I was wondering what you wanted for the domain WillMaker.com(not the real domain). I am pregnant and want to name my son Will. So I thought it would be cute to buy him his own domain. Thanks for your time, Dawn Maker"

There was a $15 offer included as well. A little reseach and suprise...the .net was just regged today. Her IP address was in San Jose but her e-mail name said something like [email protected]. I love to respond to these with "Thank you for the offer but we have no interest in sell WillMaker.com for $15. Thank you." Leaving the door open for more, bigger offers. I do love the creativity they use though.

Since my response yesterday, She has sent me three emails (I have ignored) asking for a price. The last one was..."How much are you selling the domain for? I realize that you are not going to sell it for $50 but I wanted to know how much you are looking to sell it for?"

Someone is getting ansy. :)

•••
Hello,

My name is Lawrencia Rasmusone and Im interested in buying your domain lawrencia.com Are you are interested in selling it? If you are, do you have any idea how much you want for it? If you don't, let me know and I will make you an offer instead and we can take it from there.

Many thanks for your time,

Lawrencia Rasmusone

I get many for first names and last names :D Most of them just drop by to say Hi and Hello and then take it up from there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back