Dynadot

Fasthosts $1 Special for .com Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Just discovered that new .com registrations at FastHosts are around a dollar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just registered an account and waiting for their call. I'm not in US/UK :). Need to order but the total cart is $0. Must connect & pay via Paypal or Visa but with $0.

did u get ur call...

best thing when u sell a domain is ask the buyer to call them,i think this would be easy

•••
I think the buyer can contact them to open an account by phone (or email/ twitter).
Or just register another domain for the account opening :) 1£ cost :D

This happens mostly with companies which offer primary Hosting and Domains as addons :)

even we register a domain we have to go under call verification i guess, still am thinking whats the simple way to make the buyer create an a.c

•••
did u get ur call...

best thing when u sell a domain is ask the buyer to call them,i think this would be easy

Not yet till now. No any call.

•••
The Twitter idea sounds good. Just use their Twitter.

•••
if your planning to sell you domain before 60 days , forget fast host..end user will have terrible time creating an a.c and they will back off

•••
For anyone who has not received a call yet, you can try to contact them via Facebook. Send them a message via their FB page, and you might get confirmed quickly (that was the case with me).

Here is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/fasthostsinternet/

P.S. They might ask you for your ID card and utility bill via email.

•••
For anyone who has not received a call yet, you can try to contact them via Facebook. Send them a message via their FB page, and you might get confirmed quickly (that was the case with me).

Here is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/fasthostsinternet/

P.S. They might ask you for your ID card and utility bill via email.

What will the end-user do ? ...

•••
What will the end-user do ? ...

The end user, or anyone else, has to register an account with Fasthosts and if he/she does not receive a call within 1 hour, he/she should send FastHosts a message via FB. In my message I have said something like "Hello, I have register account with you, but I have not received a confirmation call, can you please confirm my account? Email of my account is: [email protected]"

I have received an answer on Facebook within 2 hours and it was Saturday (24.12). They have great FB support, at least in my experience.

However, they might ask end-user to send them their ID card and bank statement/or utility bill (they have asked me for that) and I am not completely sure how end-user might react to that because even some domainers on namepros have reacted negatively to that request.

If you have sold a domain, my advice is to wait until the domain is 60 days old and then transfer it out. In the case you cannot wait, end-user should make an account on FastHosts.com and then if they do not receive a call within 1 hour, they should try to contact them via FB page.

In my opinion...

•••

I received the call some next hours for the verification. And my account is active now. Think to buy some domains here due to the good price. :)

•••
The end user, or anyone else, has to register an account with Fasthosts and if he/she does not receive a call within 1 hour, he/she should send FastHosts a message via FB. In my message I have said something like "Hello, I have register account with you, but I have not received a confirmation call, can you please confirm my account? Email of my account is: [email protected]"

I have received an answer on Facebook within 2 hours and it was Saturday (24.12). They have great FB support, at least in my experience.

However, they might ask end-user to send them their ID card and bank statement/or utility bill (they have asked me for that) and I am not completely sure how end-user might react to that because even some domainers on namepros have reacted negatively to that request.

If you have sold a domain, my advice is to wait until the domain is 60 days old and then transfer it out. In the case you cannot wait, end-user should make an account on FastHosts.com and then if they do not receive a call within 1 hour, they should try to contact them via FB page.

In my opinion...
My end user backed of due to that I'd proof verification, yes best is to wait 60 days and sell .... Hope they change that registration process much easier

•••
even we register a domain we have to go under call verification i guess, still am thinking whats the simple way to make the buyer create an a.c

For me they asked on email the proof of residency. And I asked on twitter to make it fast.

Since then anything works flawless and hassle free :)

•••
Question:

If i have a domain names that expires Nov 20, 2018 and i transfer it now (march 3, 2017) will they add an extra year with the $1 promotion so it will now be Nov 20, 2019 - or will it just keep the old renewal date

•••
Question:

If i have a domain names that expires Nov 20, 2018 and i transfer it now (march 3, 2017) will they add an extra year with the $1 promotion so it will now be Nov 20, 2019 - or will it just keep the old renewal date
Transfers always add 1 year. Pushes do not.

Last edited:
•••
so after i switch it will be Nov 20, 2019?

•••
Im confused now.

Sorry, @namefork said that.

I'm still confused too. O_o
so after i switch it will be Nov 20, 2019?

Whatever the expiration date was before transfer, one year will be added from that date to the new registration at the gaining registrar.

It is not 1 year added from the transfer date, but 1 year added from the expiration date.

Last edited:
•••
thought so, just wanted to make sure, thanks

•••
Question:

It will be Nov 20, 2019 after the transfer. This is assuming you are willing to pay FastHosts' regular $10+ fee, as the $1+ promo does not cover transfers. Only new regs!

•••
Hmmm yeah there's a UK law 2013 information act however I know about the 1994 Privacy act and it's rock solid mention that, they will stop asking for the id etc.

•••
HqWyeSw.jpg

I've regged 2 domains today on Fasthost. When it comes to payment, it stalled at the circle picture for long time.

I try to close the page and back to "manage domain" page and see the domains. But, I can't do anything since this page appear when I click to manage the domains. When I check paypal, my account hasn't been charge btw. Then, I contacted the support and still waiting for them to answer back.

Anyone experience this on fasthost?

EDIT: It's done, just some delay on the system I think...

Last edited:
•••
@faudiansyah , looks like you attempted to book the domains before your account was verified. I successfully created my account at FH last week within three hours. First, what I did was read the entire conversation here and finally understood that the most important thing FH wants is a personal-conversation. Then I went ahead, created the account, filled in details including my phone number and waited for about 2 hours.

When the call did not come, I went to their facebook page and left a nice and simple message requesting someone to get back to me on phone, and one of them did call within next 20 mins. He asked a couple of simple questions, I answered and everything has been cool then onwards. I have booked over 10 domains since and have not had any kind of trouble. Their interface is actually pretty well-organized and neat.

I would advice you to keep their timezone in mind and be considerate of their working days and working hours. That is what I did. I am in Nepal so I initiated this process sometime in the night. I was never asked to show any sort of document. They may have different rules for different countries. There might be other factors to consider in your case. I can only tell what happened in my case. Maybe you or someone reading this later might get a hint. Goodluck.

•••
@faudiansyah , looks like you attempted to book the domains before your account was verified. I successfully created my account at FH last week within three hours. First, what I did was read the entire conversation here and finally understood that the most important thing FH wants is a personal-conversation. Then I went ahead, created the account, filled in details including my phone number and waited for about 2 hours.

When the call did not come, I went to their facebook page and left a nice and simple message requesting someone to get back to me on phone, and one of them did call within next 20 mins. He asked a couple of simple questions, I answered and everything has been cool then onwards. I have booked over 10 domains since and have not had any kind of trouble. Their interface is actually pretty well-organized and neat.

I would advice you to keep their timezone in mind and be considerate of their working days and working hours. That is what I did. I am in Nepal so I initiated this process sometime in the night. I was never asked to show any sort of document. They may have different rules for different countries. There might be other factors to consider in your case. I can only tell what happened in my case. Maybe you or someone reading this later might get a hint. Goodluck.
Thanks for the explanation @codenoob
By the way, the issue has been resolve. It's just some delay on their system or maybe paypal system.
My account has verified a week ago by document verification...

•••
So I decided to try out the registrar today after reading a lot about request for documents and some saying such wasn't needed in their own cases.

Unfortunately, I was requested to submit my ID and any two of the other documents that show my address just over an hour after registration. I initially wanted to go ahead and provide the documents, but I was like "what other registrar has ever requested such documents from me?" I couldn't think of any. After weighing the costs and benefits, I decided to pull the plug.

My concern now is my card details that I already provided and the agreement to recurrent payment. Should I be worried? Please advice.

•••
...After weighing the costs and benefits, I decided to pull the plug.

My concern now is my card details that I already provided and the agreement to recurrent payment. Should I be worried?
No.
However, you can contact FH support and ask them to cancel your order and delete your account. Best to do this is over the phone, interactively like.

•••
No.
However, you can contact FH support and ask them to cancel your order and delete your account. Best to do this is over the phone, interactively like.

Thanks.

•••
what other registrar has ever requested such documents from me

No other registrars, even the biggest ones don't request this!

I was requested to submit my ID and other documents

I had a similar experience when I just tried to forward a domain and it would not work.

I already had an account and domains registered.

Instead of getting help I was asked for all the ID's and other docs.

I refused.

My account is now frozen and I do not have access to my domains.

My domains are effectively lost to me.

I used Paypal to fund my account and when I tried to remove the agreement from inside my FH account I was not allowed to.

I was able, however, to rescind the the PayPal agreement from inside my PayPal account, thank god.

I hope this helps. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back