Domain Empire

Fasthosts $1 Special for .com Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Just discovered that new .com registrations at FastHosts are around a dollar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Then what happens if your domain is sold before the 60 days of registration are over?
You cannot transfer outside the current registrar unless it's been 60 days. It's an ICANN thing. You can push the name to another account inside that registrar even same day as registration.

•••
Thankyou @NamesMax for letting me learn that; It was good to learn that you can sell a domain even before the 60 days of reg. restriction

•••
All registrars impose a 60 day lock on newly regged domains.

This is mandated by ICANN.

However you can usually push a domain to another account within any registrar any time.

•••
No idea really. The buyer has to probably wait until the 60 day period is over.

Why, just let the buyer open an acount with Fasthosts and push the domain to their acount like @NamesMax told above:

As such, the end user had to set up an account with Fasthosts, which they did with no problems. I them pushed to that account.

Thanks @nomen , @NamesMax , @creataweb , and I wish you all an abundant happy peaceful and prosperous year 2017 :xf.smile:

•••
Then what happens if your domain is sold before the 60 days of registration are over?

They can be pushed to the buyers account as I posted earlier or they would need to wait until the 60 days are up to transfer it to another registrar.

I list mine for sale right away., as well.

•••
I thought that per ICANN rules one could now opt out of the 60 day lock and I also thought we could get that with FH.

•••
I thought that per ICANN rules one could now opt out of the 60 day lock and I also thought we could get that with FH.

I believe what you are talking about is the lock put in place if you change the contact info that is in the whois for the domain.

This is different than the lock put on new regs which I believe is still in effect.

Some registrars will let you opt out of the lock after you change the contact or whois info, but I believe the lock put in place after a new reg is not permitted to be opted out of as dictated by ICANN.

•••
Anyone knows if Sedo has a Fasthosts account for a PUSH?

•••

Doubt it as they don't have FastHosts as a registrar option when you're adding names. But then agan, if they start to see a lot of transactions involving FastHosts, one would assume they would create an account there.

•••

I don't use Fasthosts anymore, but I think I checked once and I don't believe they do.

You can check yourself.

When you add a name there is a page where they ask you to select the domain's registrar.

Just check for the name in the drop down for the registrars.

I think they have it separated in two sections and the registrars are listed in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps

•••
Fasthosts is a Tucows company. You would select Tucows/OpenSRS from the drop down menu.

•••
•••

Fasthosts is a Tucows company. You would select Tucows/OpenSRS from the drop down menu.

Fasthosts IS NOT a Tucows company; they are Tucows resellers as they are not an accredited ICANN registrar.

The company who owns Fasthosts also owns 40% of SEDO so it is assumable that they have some automatism in place.

Best thing though is to contact SEDO and ask..or contact FH and ask. Any info added to this thread is useful to everyone.

Also the more domainers use FH the better for all of us as it will translate in more bidders for names auctioned here on the forum, easier pushes etc etc.

I now have over 100 names with them and haven't had any issue whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a domain...The buyer created a a.c but he still dint get a verification call...So do ur buyers have tuff time creating a a.c in f.h

•••
You're scaring me. I will have nightmares about FastHosts now.

•••
Hope I don't loose the deal...It's been more than a hour ..Still waiting for the call

•••
Hope I don't loose the deal...It's been more than a hour ..Still waiting for the call

Tell him to call them..they will verify the account in 5 min.
Where is your customer from?

•••
Buyer is from USA....It's night 11:45 at USA

•••
Buyer is from USA....It's night 11:45 at USA

They are based in the UK so you have to work with their time zone.
It is 6 am there now

•••
So calling customer care at +44 (0)333 0142 700 now would be off any use

•••
So calling customer care at +44 (0)333 0142 700 now would be off any use

That I do not know, check on the website if they have a 24hr support. If so call them and if the dept you need is not available ask what time they start

•••
Best time to interact with FastHosts is during working hours GMT (that's UK time). Like @photonmymind already suggested, have the client call or chat with FastHosts support, give them his/her phone number and they'll call right back and verify the account.

•••
This all comes with $1 , fasthost have to rethink about this whole verification thing as it's like old 1990 registar practice.

•••
This all comes with $1 , fasthost have to rethink about this whole verification thing as it's like old 1990 registar practice.
The good old days. Postcards.

•••

Fork as someone has already mentioned it is quite common practice in Erope to ask for IDs etc.

I think we can all accept some bumps when we pay pound for a name...for the price I have paid I have to say I am pretty happy but, of course, there is always room for improvement.

An easy way out is to sell after the 60 day lock expired; that way we can also transfer out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back