Dynadot

Fastest way to Verify new names when on SEDO??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I stopped listing names at sedo months ago, as its became a pain to go in and change text/DNS servers for each one just to verify WHOIS/Ownership just to change them back.....1by 1

What is the fastest why to get new names verified after adding them to your SEDO portfolio ? Godaddy auctions automatically does it in 3 days if you don't do it manually .

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I stopped listing names at sedo months ago, as its became a pain to go in and change text/DNS serves for each one just to verify WHOIS/Ownership just to change them back.....1by 1

What is the fastest why to get new names verified after adding them to your SEDO portfolio ? Godaddy auctions automatically does it in 3 days if you don't do it manually .

Thanks,

Rob
Same here, they are doing themselves a disservice, they should let aged accounts keep listing without all this verification, as I would assume the system is to try, and weed out non verified names being listed there.

•••
Same here, they are doing themselves a disservice, they should let aged accounts keep listing without all this verification, as I would assume the system is to try, and weed out non verified names being listed there.

Yea it's become an royal pain , So at this point half if not a 3rd of my portfolio, is not currently on sedo ( they have most my early day ugly hand regs though lol)

•••
Yea it's become an royal pain , So at this point half if not a 3rd of my portfolio, is not currently on sedo
If you have an account rep, I would email them a excel file of your name, and have them submit, and update it into your portfolio, that would be the easiest way. I understand there is a lot of names listed there that are in wrong assigned accounts, or old listings, they are trying to weed out as it causes a very bad customer experience when someone buys a domain, pays, only to find out it was a old listing.

•••
Probably easiest way is change nameservers to Sedo's for a day or two to verify, then change back to your standard NS later.

•••
I stopped listing names at sedo months ago, as its became a pain to go in and change text/DNS servers for each one just to verify WHOIS/Ownership just to change them back.....1by 1

Thanks,

Rob

yes change dns to sedo.. then 24 hours later.. change back

but are you sure gd auctions verifies names without txt records? when I tried to list all I got is emails to tell me to change txt records.. when was the last time you tried it? or maybe they are just getting listed on gd auctions cause you also add them on afternic??

im pretty sure gd doesn't let you add new names without change txt records @Joe Styler

•••

but are you sure gd auctions verifies names without txt records? when I tried to list all I got is emails to tell me to change txt records.. when was the last time you tried it? or maybe they are just getting listed on gd auctions cause you also add them on afternic??

im pretty sure gd doesn't let you add new names without change txt records @Joe Styler

I’m sure my lastest I’ve added was my .homes last month .

Example : Abroad(.)homes shows up make offer $250 , never changed a thing just listed as normal auction listing .( Done in Godaddy Manager)

(I do however do most my listing via Afternic ) and don’t always list directly on Gd auc)

Last edited:
•••
I haven’t had any problems with my Sedo listings yet. All remain all were originally verified via WhoIs.

I have added new ones occasionally.

I list in Sedo marketplace I do not use anyone’s landing pages I have my own landing pages.

Last edited:
•••
This is a pain in the butt to do, but it is what it is.

The part that is more annoying is how long it takes to verify names sometimes. Why does it take like 24 hours to lookup a TXT record? It should be close to instant so I can move on with my life and point my nameservers to Undeveloped or something.

•••
Recently I've had problems getting names listed even with Text records. Can't link to the old pages that used to show the This name is For Sale along (not the parked pages) with the number of visits too. Now I can only link to a page that goes straight to payment which scares off some buyers. So, I'm not even bothering to list new names on there now.

•••
•••

If the domains are registered in your GoDaddy account we know you own them and do not ask for txt records. That may be the confusion here. If they are registered elsewhere and we cannot determine ownership we ask for txt records for ownership verification.

•••
While I find the Sedo txt record a bit of a pain, I think it is good that they check ownership. I have found that it works best if you add the verification txt record to your settings, and then add the domain to Sedo (rather than add it and then put in the txt). When I have it in place at the time I add new domains to Sedo for me at least they seem to verify within the first few minutes.

Bob

•••

Thanks,

Rob

Yes I am the same they are missing out i have alot of domains and i won't bother listing on there now due to this never have that issue with anyone else.

•••
While I find the Sedo txt record a bit of a pain, I think it is good that they check ownership. I have found that it works best if you add the verification txt record to your settings, and then add the domain to Sedo (rather than add it and then put in the txt). When I have it in place at the time I add new domains to Sedo for me at least they seem to verify within the first few minutes.

Bob

Bob its no good for people like us with thousands of domains when you can't update all at the same time thats the issue sedo are just loosing out as loads are in the same boat...

•••
Bob its no good for people like us with thousands of domains when you can't update all at the same time thats the issue sedo are just loosing out as loads are in the same boat...

Agreed. I have less than 300 of which only 55 are on Sedo.

Which registrars have a way to easily change settings in one go? The Bulk Tools feature at Name.com allowed me to make the TXT records for all my domains there in one go.

•••
Agreed. I have less than 300 of which only 55 are on Sedo.

Which registrars have a way to easily change settings in one go? The Bulk Tools feature at Name.com allowed me to make the TXT records for all my domains there in one go.

Yes some allow this but there are many that don't and its just a real pain when you have been a member of sedo since the early days and they won't allow you to list domains unless you change DNS or TXT records is a joke they will just loose more clients as people just haven't got time with a large portfolio..

•••
I tried txt records with Sedo - to long

Moved on to Cname Records - slightly quicker

Now as previously posted by others I point Nameservers - much quicker, on average around 2 - 6 hours, then move them back to where needed

•••
Add TXT and/or CNAME records before adding domains to Sedo.
Your domain will get listed in 3-15 minutes.
If you need the fastest listing, activate MLS after the verification. MLS usually takes extra 3-5 minutes.

If you add the DNS records after adding the domains to Sedo, the process is going to delay depending on a TTL value in your DNS zones.

Probably easiest way is change nameservers to Sedo's for a day or two to verify, then change back to your standard NS later.

No. It will delay the verification process. Because you can not edit DNS records in Sedo nameservers. You must use the nameservers that you can add TXT or CNAME record.

Last edited:
•••
as I said before, to verify on sedo,I simply change dns and it gets verified for me within 24 hours. which is fine.. cause for all I care I can keep it there even for few days.. its still on sale landers so gets leads etc.. though of course I prefer undeveloped landers.. versus page full of sedo ads that don't work for many visitors due ot adblockers nayway

anyway the point is that it is much easier to change dns than txt records.
I deal with many registrars and half of them do not even allow bulk txt record edit.. and some go as far as to force you to change dns to their servers.. if u wanna add txt record.

so to me, its change dns only. or nothing. so I pick change dns.

as for gd auctions listings.. I don't bother no more.. no dns change there can be done..
so I just list through afternic.. and they go to gd auctions okay through there.
I hope afternic never does this pathetically stupid move to verify txt records.
whcih just simply isn't feasible for people with larger folios across 10 diff registrars.

like others said, these ridiculous txt records will cost gd auctions.. sedo .. flippa... hundreds of sales.. and thousands in longterm of sales... whereas domainers will also sufer with sales, their names can still be found just through typein landers.. undeveloped or other.

what an awful awful move for sedo nad other markets to require txt record verifies. it was a game changer for them. and I don't mean for the better. shame! shame! thrice shame!

Last edited:
•••
I don’t even use them anymore for this very reason. Too much work and I never made a sale there when I did have names there.

•••
Add TXT and/or CNAME records before adding domains to Sedo.
Your domain will get listed in 3-15 minutes.
If you need the fastest listing, activate MLS after the verification. MLS usually takes extra 3-5 minutes.

If you add the DNS records after adding the domains to Sedo, the process is going to delay depending on a TTL value in your DNS zone.
I agree with this. I added some more to Sedo today, changing the TXT records, then adding to Sedo, then confirming the fast transfer ones with my registrar. Some were verified within a minute, and all were verified within maybe 20 minutes. Also the fast transfer worked fast so everything was right within the half hour.

The change is a pain but livable. With mine I do have to first switch to the registrar standard DNS, then do a bulk (when available) for the TXT verification otherwise manually, then add them to Sedo etc., and then go back and switch the DNS to where I prefer them to be (I am not a fan of Sedo landers)

Bob

•••
Changing the nameservers before adding the domain to Sedo results much faster verification.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back