Domain Empire

news Fake Story on Bloomberg.Market sends Twitter shares up 5%+: Rightside shuts it down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
According to several sources, a fake news story appearing on a new gTLD domain name Bloomberg.Market sent shares of Twitter up over 5% today when they reported Twitter was going to be bought for $31 Billion dollars to over $38 a share.

The domain is Bloomberg.market, not Bloomberg.com but its made to look like Bloomberg.com.

Complete news may be on this link:

http://www.thedomains.com/2015/07/1...omberg-market-sends-twitter-shares-up-over-5/

Rightside issued an official statement today explaining their general view on New TLDs and why they shut of the fictitious website at Bloomberg.Market per their standard operating procedures.

Complete news regarding this is available here:

http://onlinedomain.com/2015/07/15/...-statement-on-shutting-down-bloomberg-market/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think ICANN and the Registries need to step up and take some responsibility here.

I know that many of them consider being able to extort premium prices from large companies to protect their company or trademark name as being a prime source of their income in an already saturated gTLD market, but really they are no better than the guys who turn up at your door offering your business "fire insurance".

This story is a convenient reminder to big companies about what might happen if they decide to ignore gTLDs.......but in my opinion, it's a little TOO convenient. Doesn't anybody else think it is strange that a gTLD managed to do so much damage so quickly?

•••
I think ICANN and the Registries need to step up and take some responsibility here.

I know that many of them consider being able to extort premium prices from large companies to protect their company or trademark name as being a prime source of their income in an already saturated gTLD market, but really they are no better than the guys who turn up at your door offering your business "fire insurance".

This story is a convenient reminder to big companies about what might happen if they decide to ignore gTLDs.......but in my opinion, it's a little TOO convenient. Doesn't anybody else think it is strange that a gTLD managed to do so much damage so quickly?

Many good and relevant points and you are absolutely right. I'm also surprised about the outcome. I guess they owner of the domain made a really convincing copy of Bloomberg's website. I guess he / she / them will face legal action??!

•••
I would bet my last 5$ the perp has a namepros account, just sayin' :xf.eek:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back