IT.COM

question Fairly new to the game and hoping to learn!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thevictor

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone, Just joined NP and wanted to drop couple lines and say hello! :)
I am pretty new to this and unfortunately was recently laid off from work so got some time on my hands to dig a bit deeper. Would appreciate any tips and advice on some dos and donts. I think I got the basics down like, registering/ buying domain names, different registrars and selling platforms. Are there any specific benefits to registering or transferring domains from one registrar to another? I get the renewal costs part, but I have a feeling there is more...

Also, when it comes to listing domain names for sale, should I be listing every domain I'm selling across all selling platforms or specific ones? It makes sense to list across multiple sites to maximize exposure. Are there any reasons I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance friends!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

learn to use the forum's search feature, as all your questions have been asked many times before

imo....

•••
•••
•••
. Are there any specific benefits to registering or transferring domains from one registrar to another? I get the renewal costs part, but I have a feeling there is more...
!
For me..it all comes down to support! If support is minimal or non-existent..so is my account!

Welcome, to the forum

•••
Hey - welcome to NP. Each domain-selling site, whether Flippa, Sedo or even here on NP, are good for different types of domains and situations, and it takes experience to learn which works best for each domain. Some may say X is best, another Y. It depends on a lot of factors, and really the only way to learn is by doing it. Good luck!

•••
Welcome!

Time will be your most valuable asset so make sure you use it wisely. As mentioned there is an immense amount of information here at NamePros make sure to do a lot of research since all the questions you may have most likely have been answered.

There are a lot of tools that will help you improve your skills and knowledge, one I love is NameBio. I sound like a broken record since I mention NameBio so much. It is just very important because it shows you recent sales and these sales you can analyze to learn why they sold.

Once you understand what makes a domain valuable you are going to be able to make smart purchases and begin building your domain portfolio.

- Will

•••
Hey everyone, Just joined NP and wanted to drop couple lines and say hello! :)
I am pretty new to this and unfortunately was recently laid off from work so got some time on my hands to dig a bit deeper. Would appreciate any tips and advice on some dos and donts. I think I got the basics down like, registering/ buying domain names, different registrars and selling platforms. Are there any specific benefits to registering or transferring domains from one registrar to another? I get the renewal costs part, but I have a feeling there is more...

Also, when it comes to listing domain names for sale, should I be listing every domain I'm selling across all selling platforms or specific ones? It makes sense to list across multiple sites to maximize exposure. Are there any reasons I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance friends!

Not sure how many domains you currently have, but maybe to start with you can test out various markets / products with different domains and track your progress in the next few weeks.

For example--you can list a couple domains on X platform, a couple on Y service, etc. Then after a few weeks you might have some data you can work with to make more informed decisions. I would advise against posting the same domains on every market/platform as that may cause issues with people buying it from one market but it still being "available" from another.

Welcome to domaining! Good luck :xf.wink:

•••
Hello!

Welcome to NamePros!

Be patient and sensible with purchases and pricing.

Some folks are elated to turn a $2.00 name into a $20.00 sale while others want to turn $500. names into thousands of dollars in sale.

The " search " feature on NP's has been mentioned and is in reality, your ally.

•••
Hey I am new to domaining and NP hope to learn a couple things, all the best to you.

•••
Thank you all for the tips! Everything mentioned makes sense. I've been playing around with different options and it seems like the most effective option is creating lending pages for each domain and manually prospecting for potential leads. Been also looking into automating as many of the redundant processes and data as possible - which takes time itself, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

@DomaHub Thanks for the "Not posting the same domains on every market/platform" tip! How did you know? ;)

Thanks again for the love NP!

•••
Welcome!

Time will be your most valuable asset so make sure you use it wisely. As mentioned there is an immense amount of information here at NamePros make sure to do a lot of research since all the questions you may have most likely have been answered.

There are a lot of tools that will help you improve your skills and knowledge, one I love is NameBio. I sound like a broken record since I mention NameBio so much. It is just very important because it shows you recent sales and these sales you can analyze to learn why they sold.

Once you understand what makes a domain valuable you are going to be able to make smart purchases and begin building your domain portfolio.

- Will
NameBio is deff a great tool! I use it almost everyday! Another good one I found is dnpric.es. Check it out if you haven't already. What do you think about the appraisal tools? Seems like each one valuates based on different triggers.

•••
Thank you all for the tips! Everything mentioned makes sense. I've been playing around with different options and it seems like the most effective option is creating lending pages for each domain and manually prospecting for potential leads. Been also looking into automating as many of the redundant processes and data as possible - which takes time itself, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

@DomaHub Thanks for the "Not posting the same domains on every market/platform" tip! How did you know? ;)

It's always a good idea to start by dipping your toes in a bunch of stuff just to get a feel for things. You seem like you are off to a good start already with your research!

And as for the "not posting the same domains on every market/platform" it's just a good tip that I've come across often on this forum by other seasoned domainers!

Send me a direct message if you'd like to try DomaHub landing pages. :xf.wink: You can check out our demo here

•••
It's always a good idea to start by dipping your toes in a bunch of stuff just to get a feel for things. You seem like you are off to a good start already with your research!

And as for the "not posting the same domains on every market/platform" it's just a good tip that I've come across often on this forum by other seasoned domainers!

Send me a direct message if you'd like to try DomaHub landing pages. :xf.wink: You can check out our /QUOTE]
Will do. The demo/platform looks clean and aesthetically pleasing. Will dig a bit deeper tomorrow and DM you with any questions for sure! (y)

•••
Welcome Thevictor !
hope you will dig deeper and get valuable insights from the forum.

•••

Welcome (and sorry to hear about your job loss). I hope that you will have an interesting and profitable time in the domain name market!

Re landing pages, you might want to consider Efty that largely automate that for you. They do have a monthly charge, but have a free trial period to see if it works for you. With them it is really easy to get attractive landing pages up and running. Information at:
https://www.efty.com/

I have not used them, yet at least, but Undeveloped might be a good option to get landing pages up and reach potential buyers:
https://undeveloped.com/

Both of these will help a lot with the automation you are seeking.

Good luck, and as others have said, Welcome!!

Bob

•••
Welcome (and sorry to hear about your job loss). I hope that you will have an interesting and profitable time in the domain name market!

Re landing pages, you might want to consider Efty that largely automate that for you. They do have a monthly charge, but have a free trial period to see if it works for you. With them it is really easy to get attractive landing pages up and running. Information at:
https://www.efty.com/

I have not used them, yet at least, but Undeveloped might be a good option to get landing pages up and reach potential buyers:
https://undeveloped.com/

Both of these will help a lot with the automation you are seeking.

Good luck, and as others have said, Welcome!!

Bob
Thanks Bob! I am actually using both right now.

•••
NameBio is deff a great tool! I use it almost everyday! Another good one I found is dnpric.es. Check it out if you haven't already. What do you think about the appraisal tools? Seems like each one valuates based on different triggers.

Thanks for sharing! I will check it out for sure. When it comes to the appraisal tools I never really got into using them but I do hear great things on Estibot. You are right many of them have different triggers this is why you should only use them to guide you.

- Will

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back