Domain Empire

domain F F P P(.)com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There are no spaces or funny characters. It's the LLLL.com.

I bought this domain a long time ago at the height of the LLLL.com boom. However, because it was at the height, I probably paid too much for it (my ignorance, no fault but my own).

I am using it for e-mail, in spite of the stagnant website. So how much would it be worth?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I bought this domain a long time ago at the height of the LLLL.com boom. However, because it was at the height, I probably paid too much for it (my ignorance, no fault but my own).

I am using it for e-mail, in spite of the stagnant website. So how much would it be worth?
Floor price seems to be $1500, so I reckon $1500-5000 to reseller

•••
It's difficult to place a price tag on names like this. If you're selling to resellers, $1,500. If you're selling to end users, $10,000

•••
Value is around $4k to reseller, and here is why:

The domain is Quad Premium with AABB pattern. Here are sales history for AABB Quad Premium for last 3 years:

DomainSelling PriceSelling DateVenue
ttll.com $2,27202/05/2019Namejet
pphh.com$2,86411/25/2018Ename
pphh.com $2,46309/10/2018Ename
iimm.com $7,00008/10/2018Sedo
mmrr.com$2,82806/12/2018Ename
ffrr.com$3,00306/08/2017Namejet
llaa.com $2,51004/10/2017Namejet
oott.com$4,10009/09/2016Namejet
ccll.com $7,0678/20/2016Ename
ccll.com$4,9646/28/2016Ename
rrff.com $6,10006/07/2016Namejet
bbgg.com $7,50006/06/2016Namejet
mmoo.com $6,0002/15/2016Namejet

Average Price: $4,513
Median Price: $4,100

The prices are wholesale prices because all sales were at Namejet & eName auctions (except 1 at Sedo) and sales at these venues are 99% of the time to resellers. Which means if you put your domain at auction at one of these venues you can expect to get around $4000 for it.

To end user the domain can be sold at low to mid xx,xxx

*Note: Namebio shows that the domain was sold for 1.4k in 2008, if it was you then you didn't overpay for it and you can easily get your investment back.

Last edited:
•••
There is definitely some Pinyin meaning to this name also:

FF--->Method
PP--->Brand

I'd agree with @Ostrados and say about $4k reseller but be more specific on the retail pricing, I'd say slightly lower probably in the $15k to $35k range..

Solid 4L.com I think you'll do well with it.

•••
Value is around $4k to reseller, and here is why:

The domain is Quad Premium with AABB pattern. Here are sales history for AABB Quad Premium for last 3 years:

DomainSelling PriceSelling DateVenue
ttll.com $2,27202/05/2019Namejet
pphh.com$2,86411/25/2018Ename
pphh.com $2,46309/10/2018Ename
iimm.com $7,00008/10/2018Sedo
mmrr.com$2,82806/12/2018Ename
ffrr.com$3,00306/08/2017Namejet
llaa.com $2,51004/10/2017Namejet
oott.com$4,10009/09/2016Namejet
ccll.com $7,0678/20/2016Ename
ccll.com$4,9646/28/2016Ename
rrff.com $6,10006/07/2016Namejet
bbgg.com $7,50006/06/2016Namejet
mmoo.com $6,0002/15/2016Namejet

Average Price: $4,513
Median Price: $4,100

The prices are wholesale prices because all sales where at Namejet & eName auctions (except 1 at Sedo) and sales at these venues are 99% of the time to resellers. Which means if you put your domain at auction at one of these venues you can expect to get around $4000 for it.

To end user the domain can be sold at low to mid xx,xxx

*Note: Namebio shows that the domain was sold for 1.4k in 2008, if it was you then you didn't overpay for it and you can easily get your investment back.

If you remove 2016 sales, since prices have gone down considerably since then, especially for chips, then prices are below 3k reseller.

For end users, it is hard to come up with acronyms for a AABB pattern. Even ABAB could be easier.

If you get high xxxx to low xxxxx offer for it, you are better off selling and reinvesting in 10-20 nice pronounceable lllls.

•••
This price may not have too many people to take over. I think you can develop it and use it as a new brand.

•••

Hello and welcome back to namePros after your long hiatus.

I generally just do professional appraisals in the insiders club, however, I seem to have been alerted by a few members that felt this would be a good asset for me to look at and offer my perspective on, adding to some of the other great evaluations already given by members.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to base any evaluation on a single variable.

One should also consider this statement:
Many times, resellers/hobbyists follow a trend in sales data rather than following a trend in asset developments. This can lead to some false positives, making it appear that their is value in a single variable that was influenced by the wrong trending focus and leading to a bad investment that looked good on the surface because so many other investors were buying them, inflating sales data and giving the appearance of end-user demand, when it was actually hyped reseller demand. Big difference.
Source - VIP/Gold Only

Ok, with that out of the way, let's dig into your asset.

FFPP.com

Asset Type:
Short (6-Letters or less) / Double-Repeating

AABB.com Sales data:
Some sales data already provided in this thread here by @Ostrados

Note: As @Recons.Com pointed out, you can see a drop in value consistency in the spread out AABB sales data, giving the scary indication the AABB bubble game is on a down turn or popped. With more and more focus going into strong branding for serious buyers/businesses, its getting harder to retain demand in most niche assets for the long haul. Not all, but most assets are riding a trend wave with a limited window of maximum potential.

Acronyms: Lets take a closer look at the acronyms @Recons.Com mentioned here.
FFPP Fédération Française des Psychologues et de Psychologie (French: French Federation of Psychologists and Psychology)
FFPP Fédération Française des Ports de Plaisance (French: French Federation of Marinas)
FFPP Farm and Food Policy Project
FFPP Friends of Fleet Peeples Park (Winter Park, FL)
FFPP First Full Pay Period (Australia)
FFPP Fédération Française de Psychothérapie et Psychanalyse (French: French Federation of Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis)
FFPP Fresh Food Pre-Pack
Source

Note: "Fresh Food Pre-Pack" might be a product option. With France trying to take France.com thing going on right now, I'm not sure I would approach a French agency that may be Government funded or leveraged. Pre-packaged foods range from $0.99 to $597.00 bulk emergency food supplies. This can give us an idea of revenue potential if developed in a fresh pre-packaged/survival food direction.

Existing FFPP Brands:
  • Developed non-profit - The Foundation for Photographic Preservation offers educational resources pertaining to the preservation of photographic collections.
  • Interesting:
    The Faculty Fellowship Publication Program (FFPP) is sponsored by the Office of the Dean for Recruitment and Diversity in order to advance CUNY’s institutional commitment to diversity. This University-wide initiative assists full-time untenured CUNY faculty (assistant professors) in the design and execution of writing projects essential to progress toward tenure. These projects may include research-based scholarly articles for juried journals, books for academic presses and creative writing projects. This program provides three credit hours of course release for the spring semester, a writing group, and the guidance of a senior faculty member.
    Source
  • Government:
    Federal Funds Purchase Program (FFPP) - LB98 provided NDOR the authority to enter into agreements for purchase of federal aid transportation funds at a discount rate. The Federal Funds Purchase Program was established to provide a way for NDOR to purchase the federal funds used by LPA’s in exchange for state cash. State dollars allow local agencies to tailor projects to better meet their needs. State funds obtained must be expended for highway and bridge needs.
    Source
  • Interesting Financial
    Fondo para la Financiacion de los Pagos a Proveedores (FFPP or the Fund) was set up in Spain by the Royal Decree-law in 2012 to provide a means to settle commercial arrears in the regional and local governments that had accumulated before the end of 2011. In return, entities that have chosen to participate have agreed upon terms and conditions for payments of principal and interest, which underpin the financial position of the FFPP. The Senior Unsecured Debt is backed by the explicit, unconditional, irrevocable and direct guarantee from the Kingdom of Spain.
    Source
But wait, what's this?
FFPP Assistant Salaries - Average Base Pay: $36,454/yr - Maybe a job board development targeting this type of position could be a small start-up revenue stream?

Opinion:
With the exception of the above, there really isn't many existing companies that have successfully adopted the FFPP acronym in a practical or high demand way. You really need to be in the right place at the right time to identify the perfect fit for this one.

Thoughts on yours (domain only) - (Apr. 2019 market):
  • Reseller = $975 to $2.5k
  • Hobbyist = $2.6 to $8k
  • End user = $8.1k to $12.5k+ (With the right presentation you could exceed this.)
Here's how I like to break it down:
  • Reseller: This is a domain investor with no intention of developing. They generally park or use a landing page of their own to resell a blank canvased domain for a profit, either to other resellers, hobbyists, or end-users. These investors hand register, pay wholesale, or aftermarket pricing to lower the risk and increase profit potential. (Smallest budget)
  • Hobbyist: This is a domain investor with intent to develop an asset themselves to increase value and provide a means for a domain to pay it's own renewals each year, eliminating renewal overhead expenses. This type of investor tests different markets with developments until they find a sweet spot, in which they expand development, optimize monetization efforts in a few different verticals, resell domains or domains + websites with verifiable traffic/revenue/etc., monitors the aftermarket, and pushes forward into entrepreneurship. (Mid-Budget)
  • End-user: Contrary to popular belief, this is also a domain investor (They can be independents, partners, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, non-profits, or even government agencies). They invest in a domain name asset to develop for the purpose of generating revenue or delivering an important message to an online audience/customer base. Every hour and penny they put into that domain names development is still an investment into their digital asset (property), increasing the value, and potential. Most end-users have no intention of reselling a domain asset, however, it does still happen as part of company takeovers and acquisitions. (Biggest Budget)
I hope that helps give a better idea on how I personally gauge appraisal values.

P.S. If you like my appraisal, let me know by commenting below or using the like/thanks feature. This helps encourage me to do more appraisals in the future when I have the time.

Thanks and good luck with your investments.

(DISCLAIMER: For those reading this appraisal, please keep in mind that it's only for this domain name and not any variants or different combinations. It is not advised to register a bunch of variant domains based on a single domain appraisal. Each variant change may or may not decrease or eliminate value.

Value can never be determined from a single point of research or variable. It's also important to understand the potential use of a domain asset in terms of monetization and revenue structure. This gives an inside look at what such an asset may be worth in a particular niche industry.

These are quick appraisals based on my personal experience/knowledge in multiple direct and related industries dating back to 2005 + 15 to 30 minutes of current market research for the specific domain being evaluated. It should be noted that the most accurate appraisal can sometimes take several hours or even days of research, data compiling, comparisons, etc.

The views expressed in this evaluation are of my own, not those of namePros™.

This appraisal is not certified, nor does it constitute or reflect what a fully termed evaluation may reveal.

DO NOT use this evaluation alone as a reason to register or acquire a domain asset. Do your own due diligence and research before ever investing into anything in life.

Remember, at the end of the day, a domain name is truly only worth what a buyer and seller agree on.)

Thinking about branding and/or developing one of your domain assets?
Check out the namePros design contest section and design contest rules.​

•••
Just wow! Eric, you should start a project offering this kinds of valuations both to owners and companies thinking to purchase a name.

•••
This is a very elaborate and detailed appraisal. Like @Recons.Com said, you have a talent in this and should think of offering it as a service. I'll support you even though I'm not a fan of appraisals.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back