NameSilo

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me, Swetha is the Warren Buffet of the domain world....
The difference is that if you invest like Buffet you'll make the same kind of money as Buffet. But if you buy .xyz-domains, well...good luck.

•••
Selling your domains with high prices, even if in a different extension than .com, it is good for all the domainers, because you're raising the prices for all of us. I don't understand all the hate towards you...

We're not living good times now when it comes to selling domain names, and instead of uniting our brains to find new ways of promoting our names to sell more, we're fighting each other.

The constant look in others' gardens and the negativity against fellow domainers can't bring anything good.

You're lucky selling something in the last 5 months because you have a large and valuable portfolio. With a small portfolio, I have not sold anything since the autumn of 2022, and it is the first time since I started domaining at the end of 2017 when I need to pay/struggle to renew the domains from my pocket.

Things will be better in the future, I'm sure... so maybe it would be a good idea to stop being mean to each other, as domainers.

A little bit of positivity?
AMEN!

•••
Plot twist: all of these sales are legit but the people calling the sales frauds are actually paid shills hired by the XYZ register to draw more attention to the sales.

I'm kidding but man, there's a post every month about XYZ sales being illegitimate. It is giving me ideas on how I could possibly promote my own business. Kevin Smith protested his own movie "Dogma" to help gain attention for the movie.

•••
NP Staff should close this thread.
- What's the outcome?
- Did she cheat or scam anyone?
- Wasting too much time from members

Would you like it if someone dig into your business and accuse you with no proof?
You should spend the time to take care of your business instead of being nosy with all the information you find from google.
I don't support her or wasting my time to find the information to accuse her of fake sales.
It has nothing to do with my business.

Last edited:
•••
.xyz sales are fake & scam. I have one word xyz names which are taken in 100+ extensions with no sales and views ( listed in all the marketplaces)
Not selling even for $20 😂🤣.

New investors beware and never buy/register .xyz domains.

•••
Is there a study anywhere to see how many of those great and fantastic .xyz sales have been *fully developed...?

(*with end-users as a real target and not for re-selling to other 'unsuspected' newbie domainers)
You are a Domo Sapiens. I am sure you can spend a little bit of your own time to do research using namebio.

•••
The 500 most visited sites on the web
https://moz.com/top500

I was surprised at the number of .me domains in the top 500. More than 25 extensions in the top 500, but no .xyz sites that I saw,

•••
I think we can ignore Mike views saying she is not real, he himself afraid to accept her challenge few months back.

If he is so sure, why he didn't accept her challenge?
He is right it has nothing to do with him
He is asking her to prove herself

And doesn't mean if she can get on camera "her" sales are legit

•••
Misogyny and racism?

So years back when people were applauding the fake sales by Swetha there was no racism and misogyny and now when people understood the shit game going behind marketers call it Misogyny and Racism? Nice strategy.

•••
I don't believe in fake sales.

•••
Fair enough. But if Swetha are balancing the prices against the renewal fees, then why are these domains priced as they are?

LFX8DGh.png
So, a lot of these domains are clearly as good or better than many .XYZ registry "premium" domains.

However, I believe @DNGear said she only deals in domains with standard renewals.

One of these sales would pay for an awful lot of standard renewals.

I looked up the archived WHOIS on these, and many have been in her name for years...well before .XYZ introduced "premium" renewals.

.XYZ introducing "premium" renewal fees would tend to help high quality terms that don't carry them.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Edit: Has anyone ever heard of a TLD where a single person basically... owns it?
This is literally what Frank Schilling and other domain investors including Bhavin Turakhia, Jay Westerdal, and Negari did when they launched their registries.

But if you mean a third party? There have been individuals who have dominated the one word domain aftermarket in other TLDs. But no TLD made it as easy for a single person as .xyz did with their super low cost anniversary sales in the first couple of years.

•••
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!
I saw this, but where is the actual evidence?

Without evidence, it sounds more like a claim based on personal incredulity.

Last edited:
•••
I do not understand all this negativity for Swetha.

Especially after Michael Sumner (from Namebio) claims to have had a look into her Afternic account to verify sales. https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

If you have a lot of .xyz premium names, you can expect to sell some of them at high prices. Most people do not have quality (premium) domains in such large quantities and are apparently unable to fathom her success.

•••
then why quote $3000 if "no judge" :P
Because you paid 3k ( wp.xyz registration is 3k in case you registered ) for a dream not something real
Be more caution next time & invest money properly

Cheers

•••
This thread is an embarrassment. NP has become such a cesspool.

•••
“Explosive” claim about Swetha and XYZ…. Thread number 572 here on NP’s. 🥱

Its been hashed rehashed and still zero proof ever provided against validity and plenty for of proof, receipts development, India meetup etc.

Even Kate Buckley facilitated an xyz sale from Swetha. NameBio logged into her Afternic account. Nothing will ever appease the naysayers and you know what- nobody cares what old withered domainers think. We care about our own sales.

This thread is just yet another desperate plea for attention/clickbait with no evidence provided.

I don’t care about XYZ as I invest in coms. Those obsessed about this topic have issues and yeah that includes Mann.

•••
There is a .one sale now on namebio. $9888usd.

Portfolio size of .one = 50. Talk about winning the lottery.

Ok, there is a chance the person arrived through one of the many .xyz domains and thought, F it, I'm going to spend 10k on that .one domain. Not even going to make an offer, it's the one...

...nah ;)
wat?

Some you people's theories are so ridiculous I feel there would be no hope for naming if left to you.

Thankfully, end users disagree.

•••
I can understand some people's frustration.
I too haven't had much sales since the last 5 months.

Who is "I"?

I, D N egar

:unsure:

•••
Another constantly offended snowflake. At what point in this conversation someone mentioned her race/gender/age? But when you have no arguments you always bring these to switch the focus from healthy discussion. You know, that you are the one being racist here? You are the one playing this card.

There is no rational argument to respond to here.

Anyone who's been paying attention to domains for more than a few months knows Swetha's history. She has been domaining for years -- she's not an overnight success. She built up her portfolio long before .xyz took off. She was reporting xyz sales in the xxx to low xxxx range years ago -- no one questioned her then.

No one making these stupid claims against her has a single shred evidence to back them up.

So when there are no rational arguments to respond to, we have to start looking to other reasons why people are attacking her: jealousy, misogyny, racism. These are the only things that make sense.

•••
I first time responding on swetha sales issue.
I think we should study her business model instead of complaining because in the long run that could be benefit us as a community.

Last edited:
•••
I like these xyz cult affiliates - they never give up. ))) I would never ever spend that much time on you, believe me ))) But thanks - that's flattering )).

If you did read my post, you would notice that I mentioned that some of the sales are real indeed. My whole point was that xyz gained some fraction (very much artificially created as Mike Mann said - through fake sales, where some real ones slipped thru - I would add) in the short period of time within a very narrow niche - and that's it, tld is dead now.
But you go ahead of course - do some more research. Create links and find investors for all the broken links of Swedha's sales - that would be quite entertaining. Get to work. ))
Obviously you wouldn't spend much time on me because you have displayed that you are incapable of using Google & your brain lol. So I 100% believe you on that one. It was really a simple task and you kinda failed and came here to report your lazy researched findings and poor logical arguments as evidence , when you could have just scrolled a little bit down the google serp and found the Kevin Rose connection and others I posted..

Besides I'm spending as much time talking logic & evidence based sense to you, as you are spending here making a fool of yourself because you got proven wrong and have chosen to double down on your foolery, just to sound consistent rather than admit your fault which is more honorable. Congrats..

Everything you've said has been debunked and obviously you're upset you've been made to look like a dummy (which you've shown a lot of evidence for) & salty that you can't actually reply with any evidence, just more crystal ball rubbing theories like your guru Mike & guru Rick..

You claim fake sales, show evidence. Undeveloped site doesn't mean fake sale which is the basis of your argument. Simple lol..

•••
No need to insult to make a point, the elephant in the room is alleged companies paying $100k+ for an xyz domain that is super unknown and uncommon, I don't see the justification for that and neither do Tiptop domainers like Mike Mann , yet here we have you Mr.alienbaba have it all figured out. That is why they had "Swetha" verify "her" "sales", it is not clear to anyone what's going on.

Sorry for the insults. I was channeling my inner domain king Rick persona..

The company that paid Mike Mann $300,000 for digitalartists.com in 2021 is the same type of company paying 5 figures for .xyz & .eth domains, or buying monkey jpegs & fidenzas for 6 figures, or trading millions on dog coins. Hope that answers your question..

So your argument is that because a "tiptop domainer" like Mike or Rick make up some theories, it's true? And you'll just believe it rather than doing your own investigation?

Mike and Rick have a right to their opinion about .xyz being ugly or whatever, and they have been very vocal about their hate for anything that is not .com. But they did not bother to research into the typical end user buying Swetha's .xyz names for these prices before leading the witchhunt of saying the sales are fake..

The argument against Swetha initially was "I think .xyz is ugly/spam, so it is 100% impossible for anyone to pay 5 figures for an xyz".

When shown 5 figure sales from companies like twitter, paramount etc they changed to "Yeah some sales might be real but most are fake and didn't actually happen".

When Swetha let namebio login to her afternic to verify ALL reported sale transactions actually happened they changed to "Swetha doesn't actually exist. An indian woman couldn't have written in English like this. It is Daniel Negari in disguise buying from himself".

When shown developed sites they changed to "Yeah some sales are real and Daniel Negari actually used his massive influence to trick rich crypto investors into buying .xyz"

When told that even some of Mike Mann's .com reported 5 figure sales haven't been developed and it's actually a common thing, their argument turns to crickets..

The more evidence is shown, the more deranged the arguments get..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sorry for the insults. I was channeling my inner domain king Rick persona..

The company that paid Mike Mann $300,000 for digitalartists.com in 2021 is the same type of company paying 5 figures for .xyz & .eth domains, or buying monkey jpegs & fidenzas for 6 figures, or trading millions on dog coins. Hope that answers your question..

So your argument is that because a "tiptop domainer" like Mike or Rick make up some theories, it's true? And you'll just believe it rather than doing your own investigation?

Mike and Rick have a right to their opinion about .xyz being ugly or whatever, and they have been very vocal about their hate for anything that is not .com. But they did not bother to research into the typical end user buying Swetha's .xyz names for these prices before leading the witchhunt of saying the sales are fake..

The argument against Swetha initially was "I think .xyz is ugly/spam, so it is 100% impossible for anyone to pay 5 figures for an xyz".

When shown 5 figure sales from companies like twitter, paramount etc they changed to "Yeah some sales might be real but most are fake and didn't actually happen".

When Swetha let namebio login to her afternic to verify ALL reported sale transactions actually happened they changed to "Swetha doesn't actually exist. An indian woman couldn't have written in English like this. It is Daniel Negari in disguise buying from himself".

When shown developed sites they changed to "Yeah some sales are real and Daniel Negari actually used his massive influence to trick rich crypto investors into buying .xyz"

When told that even some of Mike Mann's .com reported 5 figure sales haven't been developed and it's actually a common thing, their argument turns to crickets..

The more evidence is shown, the more deranged the arguments get..

There is an underlying gem here that @Bob Hawkes recently pointed out.

In Sept 2018, Ethereum officially partnered with .xyz and owning a .xyz meant you got to claim a .eth.

So understandably, the demand for xyz would overnight pump. And Swetha was smart enough to see that and price accordingly.

She was literally at the right place at the right time with the right port

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back