NameSilo

expired domains and grace periods.. how is it work?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by alcy, Feb 28, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

ok I'm bit confused about this.. can someone clarify:

namecheap.com:
    domain expires, they put it on grace period for 27 days. during that time you need to renew before both push or transfer out. thats' confirmed info from their manager. so you cannot get auth code or anything else (in fact you only get one button next to your domain which is renew)

can someone confirm how this works on godaddy? I sure hope its not same for GD.. from what I remember one can easily get auth code to transfer out to buyer on GD. I do not think they let domains push to another accoutn during that time

would you say most registrar work as namecheap or gd, regarding grace periods?

I'm obviously ftrustrated that namecheap won't give me auth code to transfer out during grace period.

tnx

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Argentum

Argentum Established Member

Did you asked uncle Google what he says about that?

3. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yep, he said you give lame help.

4. DKN

DKN Top Contributor VIP

If your domain expires,

Your domain status will remain as "Active" till 12days after expiry.

After 12days to 18days status will be "Expired Renewable". (No need to pay redemption fee. Regular renewal fee applicable)

After 18days to 45days status will be "Expired Recoverable". (You have to pay $80 redemption fee to recover)

You can transfer out your domain to another registrar within 42days after expiry. (Regular transfer fee will be applicable)

5. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

good. I knew namecheap was bad in many ways. I guess this is another one of them.

it's unthinkable they won't give me auth code to transfer it out without first renewing with them.

ty.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice