Dynadot

question Expired domain still working?

NameSilo
Watch

OceanKing

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I have a domain name belongs to one of my client. Expiry date is 8/1/2022 (dd/mm/yyyy).
He did not pay for renewal, so i let that to expire. But when i checked the status today, his website is working nicely.
to double check i even tested the site in a private window and yes indeed, the site is working.
but who is shows it is expired. i have attached who is info from two sites. Whats wrong?

who.is
1642864458232.png

whois.com
1642864495210.png

and notice from registrar
1642864726690.png

i dont want to specify the client domain name here. if you are intrested to know i can pm upon a request.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registrars may keep the nameservers intact during the whole expiration period so there won't be any disruptions in website/email/etc. for the site in question.

gtld-lifecycle.jpg

Image © ICANN

Last edited:
•••
Registrars may keep the nameservers intact during the whole expiration period so there won't be any disruptions in website/email/etc. for the site in question.

gtld-lifecycle.jpg

Image © ICANN

i got your point.

1642865741811.png

what i have seen so far is registrars put their expired page during this period. but first time i am seeing a website is still functioning even during grace. thank you for the info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back