IT.COM

discuss Whois.com registrar... expired domains timelines

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
so im a bit confused about the whole expired auctions and backorder timeframes..
for instance just few days ago I noticed that on day -65 or so one of my ,io names on dynadot switched owners, cause it was backordered... and there i was thinking alll this time that the only thing that could take away my expired domain on dyna was if someone bids on it on their expired auction around day -40...

is this how it basically works with all or most registrars? first expired auctions, then the domain can be also backordered? before it reaches public registration poll again....?

i am also writing this to ask specifically about whois.com registrar for anyone who uses them... if i understand they have no such thing as expired auctions... and no backorders after either? just a long redemption period for previous owner... and then bck to regfee around day -75 or so.... can someone confirm? ty.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back