Dynadot

status-resolved Excluding certain members from NP Auctions / Fixed price sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a better solution, or must I suffer through PM alerts?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, there's a better solution.

votes
    55.6%
  • No, you must sit through PM alerts.

vote
    11.1%
  • Yes, kiss and make up.

votes
    22.2%
  • Other: grow a pair

vote
    11.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Can we exclude certain members from participating in our auction or fixed price sales?

Recently, BB ambassador @Keith DeBoer started excluding me, by username, from his sales threads. Today, I get a PM from keith saying rather than excluding me from his sales by name, he's going to message me anytime he posts a domain for sale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One way to make peace is not to start a war.
No one will keep beat you up if you keep smiling

Move on and spend more time with business.
Report any broken rules to Mods.

•••
Why don't you guys come to a truce and you agree not to bid on his names and stop calling him out, and he takes your name, in tiny print as ineligible, off of all his auction threads?

•••
My message today was based on the explicit advisement of @Eric Lyon and @Amanda.
Here is a copy of the message I sent:

Hi Grilled,

Eric Lyon and Amanda have asked me to send you a private message each time I have a sale rather than specifying an exclusion in the sale terms. If my past practice has caused you embarrassment or upset you, I apologize. That was never my intention. I'm glad they've presented this new option.

So... here is the notification for one of my current sales.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/5l-brandable-cupyo-com-19.1005112/

These messages will come from time to time as I open new sales. They are a formality and you can just delete them. No response is needed.

I apologize for the intrusion these messages may present, but right now NP has no other method for this process.

Best wishes,

Keith

•••
Unfortunately, we don't have a simple and private way to allow sellers to exclude bidders from their auctions yet. However, we're building a feature to support that.

In the meantime, we've been exploring different ways to accomplish this with auction threads that would cause the least friction.

Given recent feedback that we've received, this is the standard procedure to exclude a specific member:
  • Sellers may exclude as many members as they want from their auctions.
  • Sellers must list the username to exclude in the first post before that particular username places a bid on the auction. Once a username places a bid, that username cannot be excluded from that auction unless another existing criteria/rule permits it.
    • Important: Sellers must not tag the excluded member. Excluded usernames must be listed without using the @ symbol before the usernames. Include their user ID in case they change their username.
    • Tip: You can simply paste a link to their profile, which contains both their username and user ID. Example: https://www.namepros.com/members/help.963362/
  • Buyers who are excluded from an auction have the right to require that exclusion to be sent by Direct Conversation instead of being listed in the auction thread.
    • Important: Sellers must not use this form of excluding unless the buyer has required it.
    • Important: Buyers must require this from the seller by Direct Conversation (Do not post in the auction thread).
Update - Bonus: You can also Report your auction to have a moderator ban particular members from your specific auction thread (Must be Reported before the excluded member places a bid). However, if too many sellers use this option, we won't be able to handle the volume of requests, so please use it sparingly. Please use the standard procedure when possible. Note: The Reply-Bans will only apply to the threads you Report.

Hope that helps,

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back