IT.COM

discuss "Crypto Domain Sales"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you willing to buy any Crypto Currency from anywhere in order to purchase domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maximinus

Established Member
Impact
Hello NamePros,

I've noticed several posts in the "Domain Sales" section with prices in USD, but seller accepts only payments in crypto currencies.
For me such posts are unethical and must be banned from the platform!
Why?
The act of trading commits the byer to pay the price tag and the seller to deliver the goods.
In this case this is not working! If a buyer posts "sold" he is sent to deliver his Credit Card details to some obscure platform in order to get the 0,0000000XXXX of whatever Cryptos the seller likes.
Please, let me suggest 2 options in order to fix this:
Either there is a special "Crypto Domain Sales" section!(With their own special rules)
Either the seller is forced by the rules of this forum to accept the currency he is pricing his products for!

What do you think?

Greetings,
Maximinus

p.s. In my personal opinion a PayPal option should be a must for every "Auction" or "Buy now" thread!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Crypto payment yes but only though a marketplace. Otherwise there's no safeguard.

Last edited:
•••
Either there is a special "Crypto Domain Sales" section!(With their own special rules)
How about a filter so members can hide listings that only accept crypto as payment?

•••
Buyers Sellers may decide how they want to get paid. There's nothing 'unethical' about a wish to be paid in cryptocurrency. But perhaps those sellers should price in BTC amounts right from the beginning, not USD.

In general, providing more payment options will increase your pool of potential buyers. I've never used crypto to buy a domain name myself, but respect that people like to use crypto settlement for their domain trades.

A special section is not needed, as long as it's perfectly clear what the exact payment options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
s/Buyers/Sellers/ in my posting above.

Sorry for the confusion :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back