Domain Empire

opinion Every fool can sell a domain name (I sold artshop.io)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

siyavuya

Established Member
Impact
If you ask me how I did it? The answer is I have no idea.
Most people here pointed out that artshop.io is a rubbish domain and I found myself in tears crying.
I didn't want anything to do with it. I wanted it gone.

But, guess what
It gave me my first sell. Now I absolutely love it because it proves to me that it can be done.
I can actually buy and sell domain names.

If I can do it I believe that each and every person can too.

To all the people who shared words of encouragement I really appreciate it.

I know it's going to be a long journey but I know that it's going to be worth it.
The hardest sell to make is always the first one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
So there you have it @siyavuya and everyone reading.

You have @frank-germany a two year newb which after a year of having namepros countless resources on "How to close a sale" failing to do so by using a kindergarten crayon method and spammy payment links.
Yet he places you on his "Ignore" list because you accomplished what he couldn't within a month.

Then we have @MapleDots who admits he doesn't build websites suggesting you would most likely fail at something he never even tried.

All I need in this thread now is a priest and a donkey and I have my next sitcom script.

F.Y.I to all...
A ready set website takes under two hours to create and if that "ONE" website makes $15 you paid for your next renewal and would never have to drop a domain.

Show attachment 111632
Having sites that make some money will give me more time to sell them without worrying about the renewal like you have pointed out. I want to make the sites that people actually want to own. I know there's no room for being lazy. Thank you for your valuable input

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congratulations on the first step. I sold my first step just a few months ago, but that doesn't mean I'm making a profit, but I'm enjoying the process. If you are interested in.io please let me know, because I have a lot of very meaningful.io domain names.
Can you send me a list to see please but I have been warned here to stay away from .io until I have more experience. It should be foolish to ignore good advise from more experienced people but at the same time I might miss out on a big opportunity by not at least looking.

•••
I might miss out on a big opportunity by not at least looking.
Don't look.
34.JPG

You learn more by failing with .com.

•••
Every fool can sell a domain name, but not every fool can make money (including you).
You sold that domain because it was cheaper than reg. fees. A single sale doesn't mean that more will come. Spend your money carefully. Just my two cents.

•••
•••
You sold it? How much you get?

•••
I lost money on one domain that doesn't mean much to me. I have made a lot of money in many businesses and almost all of them I have made short term losses with long term gains. I wanted to get to know the process and I had to make a small loss. By the looks of it you don't understand the value of going through the process even if it costs you. I will make a lot of money from this. Just stick around and pay attention.
There you hit the nail on the head about business.

•••
I think you should modify your thread title to read:
Every fool can sell a domain name... at a loss! :xf.wink:

While I agree with your policy (better to sell at a loss and recoup part of the investnent), your thread title is very misleading.

Lets not get carried away here. Reality check: she sold a domain and lost money on it. Good move, good learning experience, to be sure, but as something to be avoided!

1. Go to ExpiredDomains and flter for dropping 5L .com's, try to catch (hand reg immediately after it drops) one or more that make any semblance of sense in terms of spelling and pronounciation...

2. Take advantage of NetSol's long running $1 promo to register the above...

3. Open an Auction thread here at NP and offer your catch on auction with a starting price of $1 and $1 increments... depending on the quality of your catch, you should be able to sell for anywhere between $1 (breakeven or B/E in business parlance) to low $ xx like $15... making 1400% profit on your very first sale!

4. Remember to jump about it at least twice a day for a week :xf.wink:

Overall good advice however that NetSol thing is limited and probably closing up so that’s not a long term strategy for funding purchases. Person should expect to have to pay more because nothing lasts forever.

I also think this is not a great place to sell a name unless you are just trying to unload with zero or very minimal profit.

•••
Overall good advice however that NetSol thing is limited and probably closing up so that’s not a long term strategy for funding purchases. Person should expect to have to pay more because nothing lasts forever...
I was making light of selling domains as opposed to making a some real money (read: mid to high $xxx or more monthly) on domains :xf.wink:

I also wanted to show newcomers to domaining, that making quick sales is not rocket science. Not that hard at all to have a little confidence builder in your first week domaining and make your first sale... and not at a loss at that!

There are .com promos almost every week, if not NetSol's $1, then Exabyte's $4.99 ($6.90 long running) or NetFirm's et all $5 (till March 13th). You are almost guaranteed to break even or even make a few $ profit auctioning off 5L .com brandables here at NP.

Not that this makes any commercial, business sense whatsoever. That is unless you have a lot of time on your hands, supported and living with your parents, and catch and auction off a couple or more good 5L .com's daily, resulting in $200 or more pocket money monthly.

Last edited:
•••
CORRECTION Only Fools sell domain names

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back