Dynadot

question Where can we grab a real bargain

NameSilo
Watch

Blueforever

Established Member
Impact
is there anyway you can grab a real bargain in the domain game? In the antiques world although rare but you may come across a piece that nobody knows about at a yard sale that could be worth millions. (Ming vase or old baseball card etc)
Has anyone ever purchased a name or come across a dropped name that was acquired for peanuts and sold for millions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you think that you are going to get rich by finding one bargain and flipping it then I have to burst your bubble here... You can succeed in domaining if you work hard and buy and sell hundreds or even thousands of domains...

Sure you can strike gold with one, but that is just a pipe dream in most cases. But if you work hard, then you don't need luck to succeed.

•••
•••
is there anyway you can grab a real bargain in the domain game? In the antiques world although rare but you may come across a piece that nobody knows about at a yard sale that could be worth millions. (Ming vase or old baseball card etc)
Has anyone ever purchased a name or come across a dropped name that was acquired for peanuts and sold for millions?
I will guess its Probably the same odds as you finding an antique at a yard sale worth millions.

•••
•••
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Despite the fact that people keep saying it has no value at all, a certain domain name might have a buyer who's willing to pay good money for it, no matter what :)

•••
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Despite the fact that people keep saying it has no value at all, a certain domain name might have a buyer who's willing to pay good money for it, no matter what :)
Many times you here of people here on namepros selling a domain for thousands of dollars when nobody here would buy for even $50

•••
We've all seen a domain that's been expired for weeks and the someone puts it up for sale for thousands. If you can afford it, high quality keyword .coms today will be a bargain 1, 5, 10 years from now most likely.

•••
The op is obviously the poster child for the me generation!!

What can I get with no work involved but will makes me a millionaire overniggt!

Hey op what don't u get a real job first and learn to work in the real world instead of your virtual fantasy island????

Try an oil rig and see what Real world work is actually like get off your duff and put in the time effort sweat heartache frustration reward ,then maybe you have earned the right to bask in ez money!

This ain't the entourage movie man but we all sure want the babes and bucks but if u expect to find a monet buried behind a paint by number get a grip!!!
Pathetic!!

•••
•••
There was a recent example:

MingChe.com was sold for 2.5 million.

13 years of registration = $130.
Sold for 2.5 million = Priceless.

So focus on Chinese Chips, Pinyin and you will get a real bargain, and really one day, you will sell it for a million.

•••
Look at it like you would a poker game... As a newbie I wouldn't try to find one domain you'll buy for pennies and flip for millions. Instead, look for several domains that you'll buy for pennies and flip for hundreds. It might seam like a grind, but eventually you'll have a big enough portfolio where the offers will be coming in on a regular basis. Then you'll have the funds to buy the more expensive names which can flip for 5 and 6 figures.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back