NameSilo

.EU Predictions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TT

Established Member
Impact
With all this hype about the new .eu ext it brings me to ask this questions for all you domainers opinions.

What do you predict the wholesale and retail prices will be on some fairly standard .eu domains 1 month after Landrush and 2 years down the road?

3 letter domains
3 number domains
one word dictionary words

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think its way to early to sell. We've got many disputes coming before we can figure anything else out.

-Steve

•••
Is'nt that what predictions are , early guesses besides all the disputes people or companies will own 3 letter 3 number domains and I was interested to find out where other domainers seen these wholesale and retail prices going in the early going and after a couple of years

•••
Personally I think it will be pretty much the usual story. An initial rush whilst the good names are bounced around traders and developers, then it will settle down and only people holding the good ones will be happy, but those will be released onto the market very slowly. Eventually it will totally settle down to just a few of the top ones being traded for good money.
Maybee I have missed out, but I did not think it really worth registering any ... Yes I have a fully registered company in England so could have gone for the first round of registrations.

All the best.

Richard

•••
all the 3 letters will be gone thru by the end of the landrush? wow hehe

•••
JeffM2 said:
all the 3 letters will be gone thru by the end of the landrush? wow hehe

Completely agree but what are your predictions on what they will fetch on the open market?

•••
I think .eu can eventually be one of the biggest tlds (even perhaps in the top 3.)

•••
That's simple. EU is one of the biggest by people :) so it will be one of the biggest by tld. :)

•••
seems that EU has gotten the most hype so far

•••
JeffM2 said:
seems that EU has gotten the most hype so far

I am betting eu out does any other cctld including US in terms of registrations, resale value ect

•••
well it could be big. Seeing as the eu is quite large and reconsiable. It will be good for businesses that opperate in the eu only.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back