Dynadot

.eu domains ( How much characters)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
when pre registering domains at lycos i couldn't get domains with two characters like LL.eu but in other sites i could do this. You knwo why?
thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
monRa said:
when pre registering domains at lycos i couldn't get domains with two characters like LL.eu but in other sites i could do this. You knwo why?
thanks

* minimum 2 characters among the letters "a to z", the numbers "0 to 9" and the hyphen "-";
* maximum de 63 characters;
* must not begin or end with a hyphen;
* must not contain a hyphen "-" on the 3rd and 4th position.

EURid is committed to introducing iDN in the future, allowing registration of names containing other characters found in the official languages of the EU (Ω,Φ,ñ,Ä,å etc ).

In accordance with EU Regulation 733/2002 and EC Regulation 874/2004, some names are blocked from ever being registered and some are reserved for use by the institutions of the EU or the governments of member states, EEA countries and candidate countries.

•••
Thanks so lycos should have a problem not accepting 2 character domains ;(

•••
monRa said:
Thanks so lycos should have a problem not accepting 2 character domains ;(

I guess so

(the information i posted is from EurID)

•••
Also, if I'm not wrong, you can't preregister domain at lycos which was preregistered there by someone else. I guess all 2 characters are preregistered already by somebody.

•••
Nope, when you write a 2 character you get an error saying that mor ethan 3 characters are allowed, it come other error when eu has pre registerd ;)

•••
Okey, I see. Anyways, I think it's almost impossible to get 2 letters .eu domain :)

•••
Oh, I did'nt realise that you could get 2 letter .eu :|

But I did manage to pre-reg about 50 - 3 letter .eu's at Lycos :lala:

I really hope that Lycos gets accredited, has anyone emailed them to enquire what is going on with them ?

I did ages ago and they said they do not see getting accredited a problem for them !

Lets Hope, at least I have'nt paid anyone any money :bah:

•••
Hi gazzip..I am from glasgow scotland myself, and have pre reg hundreds at lycos..I believe lycos is using the register united domains for its prereg eu names..as you are aware there is 4month sunrise period for companies, government authorities and trademark holders..so dont expect to get too many of your 3 character names..
I concentrated on generic names which are less likely to be trademarked..

take care

Danny.......

•••
danex said:
Hi gazzip..I am from glasgow scotland myself, and have pre reg hundreds at lycos..I believe lycos is using the register united domains for its prereg eu names..as you are aware there is 4month sunrise period for companies, government authorities and trademark holders..so dont expect to get too many of your 3 character names..

take care

Danny.......

I think there is gonna be some huge problems at Lycos: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=121333

•••
I don't think so, lycos will be an accredited company and i believe this and if the don't i didn't lose any cash! ;)

•••
danex said:

take care

Danny.......

Thanks Danny, as regards 3 letter .eu's - I wonder how they will work out trademarked 3 letters, considering all the countries in the eu I would imagine that there will be many "Trademarks" for the same 3 letters, will this be a first come first served basis for them too ? Surely not.

I will email Lycos and see what they say about getting accredited, I'll post their reply here later.

Thanks

•••
Gazzip..the permutations of three character names must run into thousands..so there is a very good chance you will get some of the names you preregged..when it comes to trademark disputes, parties with the same trademarks will be judged on their various representations from copyright lawyers..if there is equality in these..then the name will be given to the first registrant.

•••
•••
the us eanother registar? they shay though they will be too cheap, 10 euros per one .eu when other various companies accept only over 20euros!

•••
danex said:
I read the link..and whats written is true..but lycos itself is not going to register the domains..they are using an accredited register so I am led to believe..

Yes, as stated by Danex, the following is a reply from them, I asked wht they were not accredited yet.

"We have not been accredited yet as the EU domains are only reservations at this time, no actual purchases are possible.

The registrar currently used by Lycos is United Domains as we only provide registration.

We hope this information is of assistance to you."

•••
Thanks, very inetersteing so they are doing this form other registar ;(

united-domains.de/eu-domain an dyou can pre register form there too!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back