Dynadot

sales ETH.com sold by Sharjil Saleem

NameSilo
Watch

BrandingModel.com

BrandModel.comTop Member
Impact
ETH.com has just sold by broker @Sharjil Saleem under NDA. This was just announced in GB.

I'm not sure if this has gone to The Cryptocurrency Ethereum which their current market Cao is now at $30.7B catching up to Bitcoin $44.3B

Congratulations to Sharjil Saleem on the sale as I'm sure it would have closed around 7 figures.

I had read somewhere that Ethereum.com had $5M offer before ETH.com was for sale.

What do you think ETH.com sold for and who bought it?

IMG_5307.PNG
IMG_5306.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Estibot has no clue what Ehterum is, nor it's marketcap.

That is why you need to sell these things when topics are current, or you will be the guy waiting for VHS.com to make a comeback.

Estibot is hit or miss. I have 6N.net that it says is valued at $780 on NJ with 4 zeros! It does this because it has 4 zeros but the ones with 2 eights or 3 eights.

As below $100

Go figure!

•••
Very impressive sale. Seems like brokering is the game to be in :)

•••
Very impressive sale. Seems like brokering is the game to be in :)

"Other people's money"
"Other people's domains"

•••
Well done :), that's a great sale!!

I have recently snatched up the below -

ETNCrypto.com (Electronium)
ETN.cash (Electronium)
BTGCrypto.com (Bitcoin Gold)

All in prep for the Cryptocurrency market!!

•••
Let me be "captain obvious" here a bit. With this big sale. Please most importantly the auctioning off of .eth as mentioned by @Keith would it be safe to assume the value of the "eth" as a term is cemented in stone now?

Here's my thought .

So now we have every "valuable" word with .eth as an extension. Words like bank,sex,Cash,money,and other words you can't even understand why they would need an .eth address.

Please also remember with .eth it's an Ethereum wallet address.

Way easier to remember than the usually random numbers and letters.

Makes it easier to have people send you Ethereum.

Ok cool. But now you have all these single words like dictionary words being used and definitely mention of high ranking sites as an easy way to get paid via Ethereum.

Wouldn't this increase the search results for "eth" and also the monthly searches?

That being said. How would that affect value if you have say domains that start with Eth or are just Eth? Like say eth.online? Or eth.web?

I see eth is taken pretty much in every extension by now. It's short 3 letters too. Some taken by registry for years.

Did we just hit a payday?

Would like to hear opinions.

•••
.eth domains are to be used within the Ethereum framework ecosystem. That is because some even envision Ethereum running the Web...

eth domains are out of the Ethereum ecosystem. Also, ETH can be a short name for Ethereum platform or as the ticker symbol for the Ether token/coin. However, contrary to Bitcoin and clones Ethereum is more than a means of payment and store of value. In fact Ethers are secondary to the main objective of Ethereum.

this sale adds some arguments to back up increase in value for ETH* or *ETH .com kind of domain names

•••
Let me be "captain obvious" here a bit. With this big sale. Please most importantly the auctioning off of .eth as mentioned by @Keith would it be safe to assume the value of the "eth" as a term is cemented in stone now?

Here's my thought .

So now we have every "valuable" word with .eth as an extension. Words like bank,sex,Cash,money,and other words you can't even understand why they would need an .eth address.

Please also remember with .eth it's an Ethereum wallet address.

Way easier to remember than the usually random numbers and letters.

Makes it easier to have people send you Ethereum.

Ok cool. But now you have all these single words like dictionary words being used and definitely mention of high ranking sites as an easy way to get paid via Ethereum.

Wouldn't this increase the search results for "eth" and also the monthly searches?

That being said. How would that affect value if you have say domains that start with Eth or are just Eth? Like say eth.online? Or eth.web?

I see eth is taken pretty much in every extension by now. It's short 3 letters too. Some taken by registry for years.

Did we just hit a payday?

Would like to hear opinions.
The domains are limited to 7 characters or more right now. Anyhow, ethereum is going to have huge comp so I wouldn’t go registering a bunch of eth .coms...

•••
•••
•••
Well it's actually a World of Warcraft term :)

•••
Price is on DNJournal today....wow!!!!

•••
Still don't get it. Was this under NDA or not?

Great for all of us that it's out.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for sharing @promo.

I dont doubt that Sharjil has made a lot of money. If you have no scruples and lie at every opportunity you get you are often at an "advantage" to people trying to make an honest living.

I was first approached by Sharjil one year ago. Although I did not know it, since he was using one of his many many aliases. He has had more than 3 accounts here on NP that I know of, probably many more.

I was selling 200 CHIP domains for a client. Sharjil had a buyer and my seller was eager. Although the price was not great my seller accepted his buyers offer. We were told this was the best and final the buyer could muster. He was adamant that he wanted to setup the Escrow transaction, but since he wanted to do double confidentiality I declined (I ALWAYS do transparency for my seller at Escrow) and told him if he wanted a deal I would setup Escrow.

After a little back and forth he agreed to let me setup Escrow although he told me not to worry if the numbers seemed off. And the numbers DID seem off. It turns out that on top of his 10% commission Sharjil had instigated his own payback scheme and wanted to swindle the buyer out of another 15% on top of his commission. Basically the buyers offer was 15% higher than what he told us and he hoped to hide the fact behind a confidential Escrow deal.

So apparently a healthy 5 figure commission was not enough for this guy. He wanted to take more than double that and hoped that no-one would notice.

Once that became obvious we cancelled the deal and did not look back.

After this point Sharjil contacted me again under some other aliases trying to make deals with my client. However his insistence to use "bro" in every sentence he utters, is a tell tale sign of who you are dealing with. In the end he moved on to bigger and better scams and we were left alone. If you want to deal with him be aware that if you dance with the devil he will step on you in the end.

Seems he setup alias accounts.

Is this a legit sale?

I see his account is restricted, any idea why?

Thanks, I do wonder if these sales are legit. Doesn't Ron Jackson and the industry benefit from reporting high value sales like this? Allows them to keep selling dreams.

I think this sale will be over reported when it comes to price, not the truthful number. I had some dealings with this person last year on namepros, it was like a living nightmare dealing with him, nothing made sense, no real answers, and a deal does not mean a deal, by any circumstances. There is a reason their account is restricted.

90% of the domain industry is sketchy AF. :)

Yeah he seems sketchy af.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing @promo.

Seems he setup alias accounts.

Thanks, I do wonder if these sales are legit. Doesn't Ron Jackson and the industry benefit from reporting high value sales like this? Allows them to keep selling dreams.

90% of the domain industry is sketchy AF. :)

It's correct to say that the most (not all) wellknown people in domain industry indulge in various shady tactics to get their sales done. There are many examples like Adam Dickerrrrrr whom we have seen being exposed. There was also a beacon of honesty (Shane) who, it turned out, took many domains from someone and did a chargeback, there was a thread on here.

I guess @Sharjil was a relative newcomer to this industry and was trying to follow in the footsteps of other shady domain brokers to get his big break when he did what was reported by @promo. Of course, now that he has made it big, he must be pretty ashamed of his past being brought forward. Just hope he mends his ways going forward.

It always pays well in the end, to stay honest in any business. Money will come and go but, once gone, it's very hard for your reputation to come back. Success may take some time the honest way but eventually it does come.

My 2 cents..

•••
You can't speculate how people feel. My guess, he doesn't care he tried to screw NPs members over.

What do people who have dealt with him think?

Of course, now that he has made it big, he must be pretty ashamed of his past being brought forward. Just hope he mends his ways going forward.

•••
Ethereum.com is for sale
Current bid: $7,200,000 USD
Reserve: $10,000,000 USD

•••
What do you guys think of ETHcard.net or BitcoinVisa.org :)

•••
BTC (bitcoin) will eventually reach much higher levels than where it is today, but like any stock, there will be ups and downs. Been holding and accumulating BTC since 2013, and in no hurry whatsoever to sell and have never sold any bitcoin.

Saying that "the party is over" for BTC today, is like people who said the same about TSLA stock when it was at 100. The party MAY be over for BTC someday, but it is FAR from over today.

I still believe that bitcoin will go up up UP over the long term, with intermediate ups and downs, but as far as the one who posted that "the party is over" - I'd just point out that ten days later BTC is something like $2000. higher. :greedy:

Last edited:
•••
I still believe that bitcoin will go up up UP over the long term, with intermediate ups and downs, but as far as the one who posted that "the party is over" - I'd just point out that ten days later BTC is something like $2000. higher. :greedy:
Bitcoin will reach $10000 end of year

•••
Go up to $1M in 2035 - experts prediction

•••
•••
Passive income.....Get rich quick by mining.....just sit there and watch money flowing in.......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back