IT.COM

Escrow in Pakistan

NameSilo
Watch
I have been contacted by someone who wants to trade a domain for one of mine and I have agreed to pay some cash on top of the trade.

Individual is in Pakistan

Does anyone know if escrow.com supports people and transactions in Pakistan?

Even though the individual said they would push their domain to me first I am still hesitant to do this deal.

In your opinion is there anyway I could get scammed if they sent me their name first?

Your thoughts are appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think there is an issue if the seller pushes the domain to your account first. Only that he will have your GD account no. and email id whether he pushes the name or not.

Check with @AbdulBasit.com

•••
maybe this
http://www.WarriorForum/off-topic-forum/949825-need-help-regarding-escrow-payments.html#post9264608

•••
@AbdulBasit.com can help you. he is in this industry for a long time.
But i dont think there would be any problem.

•••
I know They do support Pakistan.

•••
Sorry for getting in late but to answer your question... Yes, Escrow.com does support in sending/receiving funds from Pakistan. I have paid them through card as well as wired them. In receiving, I have got plenty of wires and cheques without any issues. Never had any issue from Escrow.com or my bank in Pakistan.

Thanks GoWebNames.com and yogiDomain referring my name.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do and wish you all the best JudgeMind :)

•••
Sorry for getting in late but to answer your question... Yes, Escrow.com does support in sending/receiving funds from Pakistan. I have paid them through card as well as wired them. In receiving, I have got plenty of wires and cheques without any issues. Never had any issue from Escrow.com or my bank in Pakistan.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do and wish you all the best JudgeMind :)

Which Bank are you using? SC, HBL, UBL, Alfalah or MCB? And how much time on average takes for Wire to receive?

•••
Thanks but turns out the sale was fraud!!!!

Person claimed to own comments.com, they wanted to trade one of my names plus wanted a $200 amazon gift card.

I called enom where comments.com is registered and they informed me the owner lives in USA

•••
I called enom where comments.com is registered and they informed me the owner lives in USA

Why did you have to contact them? The whois records make it plain as day that the owner is American. I'm amazed you even took this person's claim seriously.

•••

I bet gowebnames is chuckling at this. The term he used to refer to you is considered a racial slur in some countries.

•••
Why did you have to contact them? The whois records make it plain as day that the owner is American. I'm amazed you even took this person's claim seriously.
I contacted enom to see if the domain was potentially stolen. The Whois updated just one day before the person contacted me. I think I did the right thing to bring this fraudulent activity to the attention of enom, they are now taking action

•••
Comments.com? - and he is giving you a deal like that - (one of your name and $200 gift card) .. that domain is above $200K for sure if not less. That itself should raise the red flag!

•••
Which Bank are you using? SC, HBL, UBL, Alfalah or MCB? And how much time on average takes for Wire to receive?

DIB, AlBaraka, Faysal. It takes 2 business days to receive wire from Escrow.com

•••
Comments.com? - and he is giving you a deal like that - (one of your name and $200 gift card) .. that domain is above $200K for sure if not less. That itself should raise the red flag!
As much as I will like to be honest, I have to be blunt. The OP is a greedy domainer. He thought he had caught a fool to trade his domain name with and I am sure his own domain isn't as good as the traded name. But he wanted to take advantage of a "fool" and he being the wiser one. It's greed that make people fall for scams. But when it happens, no one questions the motive of the victim but would rather insult the nationality of the culprit.

Think for once if this had occurred smoothly and the guy got away with, I am very sure lots of spiteful words would have be thrown at Pakistanis and how evil they are, they wouldn't even mind to label them terrorist and so on...

What about the greedy victim? No one hears or think for once about that.

•••

Its my first time receiving payment from Escrow.com to Meezan bank but its over 4 business days now and no sign of deposit in my bank. Do you know how long it will take to deposit funds?

•••
Its my first time receiving payment from Escrow.com to Meezan bank but its over 4 business days now and no sign of deposit in my bank. Do you know how long it will take to deposit funds?

Better contact your bank and inform a wire is coming from Escrow.com for $xxxx amount. It usually take 3-5 business days to receive funds from Escrow.com but since it's Ramadan month, there may be some delay due to limited bank timings.

•••
Better contact your bank and inform a wire is coming from Escrow.com for $xxxx amount. It usually take 3-5 business days to receive funds from Escrow.com but since it's Ramadan month, there may be some delay due to limited bank timings.
Abdul Basit I'm from Pakistan, and I read the below escrow article in which they clearly mentioned the couturiers list where they do not support and Pakistan exist in that, what do you say?
Search this title:
What countries / regions are not supported by Escrow.com?
So if they already written the Pakistan name in that country list so how we can transfer escrow funds to Pakistan??

•••
Abdul Basit I'm from Pakistan, and I read the below escrow article in which they clearly mentioned the couturiers list where they do not support and Pakistan exist in that, what do you say?
Search this title:
So if they already written the Pakistan name in that country list so how we can transfer escrow funds to Pakistan??

They recently made changes few months back and stopped doing business with Escrow.com account holders of Pakistan.

•••
We've sent you a private message.

•••
Search this title:
We've just sent you a private message.

•••
Leave a msg for you as well please respond there accordingly.

•••
Escrow.com told me that they are not working in Pakistan anymore!
What are our options now to take payments from clients?

•••
Escrow.com told me that they are not working in Pakistan anymore!
What are our options now to take payments from clients?

Use Sedo escrow or Uni escrow as I've used both and so far happy with their service.
There is Epik escrow service as well which many domainers have given positive feedback but I haven't tried yet.

•••
Use Sedo escrow or Uni escrow as I've used both and so far happy with their service.
There is Epik escrow service as well which many domainers have given positive feedback but I haven't tried yet.
Thanks basit, can you please also give me the web links of these two? I googled it but found no links.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back