Domain Empire

Escrow.com's 2-week silence (WARNING)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
(This post is regarding a Domain Name Holding transaction)

So far, since I set the transaction up on July 5, I've received two emails from Escrow:

July 5: Your transaction was successfully created on Escrow.com
July 5: All parties have agreed to the transaction

Then..... silence. Over the next week, I emailed twice and called twice. Still, no movement on the transaction, no reason as to what the holdup was.

I called again today (more than two weeks after the transaction was started), and was told "Oh, our domain holding transaction guy is on vacation, but I just talked to him and he'll get the transaction agreement set up right away."

Say whaaa? Nothing's been done in over 2 WEEKS? At this point, I'm half expecting to lose the $2,500 sale because this nincompoop decided to take off for the beach and leave everybody hanging.

What the hell kind of show are they running over there nowadays? THIS is what I'm paying them $333 for?!

@Jackson Elsegood @Mauli Fry

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Strange about the vacation flub and your waiting period Dobalina. I've used Escrow.com quite a few times for domain sales over the years and things have always went smoothly... Used their service not long ago and things were good as gold.

From the Australian

"revenue grew to $26.2m on the back of an increased user base and the integration of Escrow.com.

CEO Matt Barrie said the company’s growth was accelerating and was at an inflection point in terms of profitability.

“Freelancer is continuing its exceptional growth, with record net revenue, gross volumes, registered users and posted projects in the first half of 2016.”

Mr Barrie said the company had seen healthy revenues from its acquisition of online payment intermediary Escrow.com, with transactions totalling $US3 billion ($4bn) since the deal was completed.

This was the first half-year result to count results from Escrow.com, which itself now has one million users."

•••
Any news on either escrow.com or escrow.domains offering escrow transactions in GBP? What are the list of currencies each service supports; things changed when acquisitions occured so I'm not up to speed. I've discussed this elsewhere on one of the domain name blogs but not had an update in a while. As far as I know only Sedo's escrow can transact in GBP.

•••
Any news on either escrow.com or escrow.domains offering escrow transactions in GBP? What are the list of currencies each service supports; things changed when acquisitions occured so I'm not up to speed. I've discussed this elsewhere on one of the domain name blogs but not had an update in a while. As far as I know only Sedo's escrow can transact in GBP.

Hi David,

Escrow.com is currently working on offering several new currencies, included GBP. This is right around the corner. We currently support USD and Euros. Thank you, Mauli

•••
I have a payment that has been waiting to clear for 8 days now. The buyer paid them via paypal and it still says waiting to clear. Is this the new escrow.com experience? It is only $1,000 but but I'm more worried about my future dealings.
4 days and counting, similar experience.

•••
My apologies for any typos. We are working hard on the making the software a far better product than anything else in the industry so have not focused on the text all that much. I will review it myself to see if I can find the typo unless you would not mind pointing it out.

As for correspondence from you, I do not know when you submitted it, but we would have responded immediately if we saw it and we have been receiving messages from lots of other folks on our site so I am not sure of the issue. I am having an assistant test all the contact forms on the site. If you, or anyone else ever has any issues or do not receive a response relatively quickly please do not hesitate emailing me ([email protected]) or skyping me stevanlieberman or gchat stevanliebermanesq or giving me a call direct: 202-625-7016 or cell:202-270-4802. I will post other staff's contact info on the site as well.

Thanks

Stevan Lieberman
Create buy it now buttons and talk with parking providers to include the option. Currently Bodis gives this option with Escrow.com

•••
4 days and counting, similar experience.

Had a similar experience, found out buyer paid via eCheck through PayPal but there is currently no note of that on the Escrow statuses.

Last edited:
•••

Although our system does not yet show transactions in GBP (something we are workingo n) we do have our GBP account setup and can do GBP transactions.

•••
escrow2.jpg

- - - - - -

escrow.jpg

- - - - - - -

^ My client's words, not mine. This is the OP transaction btw. Nearly 2 months have passed and they've decided that the domain holding transaction is too much of a hassle at Escrow. Moving on to a lump sum deal now instead. I consider myself fortunate that they want the domains bad enough that I haven't lost the sale. Will be very hesitant suggesting this route in the future...

Last edited:
•••
escrow2.jpg

- - - - - -

escrow.jpg

- - - - - - -

^ My client's words, not mine. This is the OP transaction btw. Nearly 2 months have passed and they've decided that the domain holding transaction is too much of a hassle at Escrow. Moving on to a lump sum deal now instead. I consider myself fortunate that they want the domains bad enough that I haven't lost the sale. Will be very hesitant suggesting this route in the future...

That really is a shame. Sorry to hear this but glad its working out and you didnt lose the deal! They (Escrow.com) used to be the best.

I will not use paypal so I am going to have to start looking into alternatives in the event that I need a 3rd party escrow or some way to accept payment..... geez.

•••
very disappointment from escrow totally disaster

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back