Domain Empire

Escrow.com's 2-week silence (WARNING)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
(This post is regarding a Domain Name Holding transaction)

So far, since I set the transaction up on July 5, I've received two emails from Escrow:

July 5: Your transaction was successfully created on Escrow.com
July 5: All parties have agreed to the transaction

Then..... silence. Over the next week, I emailed twice and called twice. Still, no movement on the transaction, no reason as to what the holdup was.

I called again today (more than two weeks after the transaction was started), and was told "Oh, our domain holding transaction guy is on vacation, but I just talked to him and he'll get the transaction agreement set up right away."

Say whaaa? Nothing's been done in over 2 WEEKS? At this point, I'm half expecting to lose the $2,500 sale because this nincompoop decided to take off for the beach and leave everybody hanging.

What the hell kind of show are they running over there nowadays? THIS is what I'm paying them $333 for?!

@Jackson Elsegood @Mauli Fry

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Any time you need assistance on a transaction or have feedback or suggestions, please contact me at [email protected]. Your feedback from using Escrow.com is important to us and please know we take every suggestions and transaction experience seriously. Thank you, Mauli

•••
Well, I have just sold one LLLL .com and used Escrow.com, the transaction start on 20/07/26, I pushed the domain to my buyer account on 21/07/2016 and today I have just received the fund. Everything is going on smoothly with me from Escrow.com

•••
So we can't called them Escrow or Escrow Domains.

It's Escrow dot Domains. wierd name imo

In my world it's not more strange than Escrow dot com. We call them 'Escrow dot com' and not just 'Escrow' either, or am I wrong?

•••
Hmm, too poor to own a .com? Strange.

.DOMAINS is s great extension for this, at least in my opinion. Note that they now are redirecting the .COM to the .DOMAINS. Not the other way around.

On topic: I have not tried them. Yet.

•••
Well here is my ten cents. The level of service at escrow.com has declined. It used to be by far the best run service I dealt with. Since the acquisition, it has been harder to get sales verified, the replies to emails often seemed canned, etc. So many people started to complain. Then the suggestion of escrow.domains came up. So I went to their site on July 4th to check them out. For me, there is not enough info there. Then I found what seemed to be an oddly worded paragraph, like it was not proof read. So I submitted that info via their feedback / contact form. And NEVER received a reply. Not a good sign. So I will stick with escrow.com since I know what I am dealing with and hope they get back to where they were. And Mauli is still at escrow. Definitely a plus.

•••
Thank you for your input
Have been wanting to open an Escrow.com account and landed up here while reading up on them.

The issue mentioned by OP certainly is a big deal from a seller's perspective. However, it surely shouldn't take a company like them to fix this quickly.

This thread didn't quite help me in making up my mind yet.

Please give EscrowDomains a try. If you have any issues what so ever I am an IM or phone call away and if you let me know I will watch your first transaction as it goes through step by step.

•••
All partys already agreed.

And its a Domain Name Holding transaction. Not a normal escrow domain sale.

And mid July is height of vacation time.

But yeah one would hope that more than one person is capable of writing this up, and that it would take less than two weeks.

Good Luck Bro
goodluck.gif

•••
•••
•••
•••
(This post is regarding a Domain Name Holding transaction)

So far, since I set the transaction up on July 5, I've received two emails from Escrow:

July 5: Your transaction was successfully created on Escrow.com
July 5: All parties have agreed to the transaction

Then..... silence. Over the next week, I emailed twice and called twice. Still, no movement on the transaction, no reason as to what the holdup was.

I called again today (more than two weeks after the transaction was started), and was told "Oh, our domain holding transaction guy is on vacation, but I just talked to him and he'll get the transaction agreement set up right away."

Say whaaa? Nothing's been done in over 2 WEEKS? At this point, I'm half expecting to lose the $2,500 sale because this nincompoop decided to take off for the beach and leave everybody hanging.

What the hell kind of show are they running over there nowadays? THIS is what I'm paying them $333 for?!

@Jackson Elsegood @Mauli Fry

Hi 000,
Came back to you in an PM to get a bit more info on this.

Best regards,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
I am on vacation for the next three weeks but that doesnt mean I have left everything messed up at work and that the organization I work for will wait for me . This is very bad.

I have been accepted at Armour Payments which is owned py Payoneer and as someone who uses Payoneer a lot and had no problems for many years, I am very optimistic about them. I am yet to try the service but already when I got accepted, since it works only on invitation/approval system, I have received very personalized introduction and quick answers to all questions I raised.

With that said, We cant deny Escrow is a household name which many people will easily trust and associate with so for that sake I hope they sort themselves out.

•••
We chose to use Escrow.Domains as it makes us look a bit different. We have escrowdomains.com as well as directing Escrowhill.com and GLescrow.com to the site.
It’s often difficult to convince end-user domain buyers to even use escrow.com, even though they operate on the category killer .COM for an escrow service. Most regular end-users are not even aware of the existence of ngtlds yet, so they are most likely not able to discerned that escrow.domains is an actual domain address. For domain buyers who find it difficult to trust escrow.com, it would be far more difficult for them to trust an escrow service operating on a ngtld.

A recent ICANN study found that consumers “report being less comfortable providing personal information on a site using a new gTLD than a legacy gTLD or ccTLD”. The same study found that legacy TLDs (.COM, .NET, .ORG) rated highly “as trustworthy destinations on the Internet”.

For escrow service that facilitates the exchange of considerable funds and valuable domain names, it should be of a higher priority to choose a domain extension that signals trustworthiness, familiarity, and security, rather than a new extension, just in order to “look a bit different”.

•••
For sure, I get that a lot of people are on vacation this time of year. But if there is indeed only ONE person working on domain name holding transactions, they need to at minimum send out notices to everyone involved in such transactions informing them that July is their vacation time so you're gonna have to wait. Better yet, share duties in those instances. It's not complicated stuff here.

•••
Shocking. Do they not realise there are alternatives.

Which ones?

Please share as I only know Escrow.com and DN.com both are scaring me now..

•••
•••
Which ones?

Please share as I only know Escrow.com and DN.com both are scaring me now..

I havent used all of these but most. Also Escrow.domains used to be on a .com..

Escrow.domains (formerly EscrowHill.com)
DN.com
armorpayments.com/escrow
Afternic/godaddy
ecop.com
Sedo
Transpact
Agreed.com

•••
•••
I havent used all of these but most. Also Escrow.domains used to be on a .com..

Escrow.domains (formerly EscrowHill.com)
DN.com
armorpayments.com/escrow
Afternic/godaddy
ecop.com
Sedo
Transpact
Agreed.com

Agreed.com is also owned by Escrow.com. It was acquired by them some time ago...

•••
They should have been a little responsible with Work & Play...

that's all i would say..

•••
.DOMAINS is s great extension for this, at least in my opinion. Note that they now are redirecting the .COM to the .DOMAINS. Not the other way around.

Escrow.domains is a huge name, worths $100,000. They probably bought it with $1000 :)

•••
Escrow.domains is a huge name, worths $100,000. They probably bought it with $1000 :)

•••

It is a self branding service for domains? What is the problem I wonder ? Seems well suited to the extension imo

•••
Escrow.domains is a nice enough name. But not near a 100K name, you must be joking.

Regarding Sedo.. Sure 3% sounds good, but both Escrow.com and DN.com is >1% fee on larger transactions. Thats what we need. Also Sedo is slow slow slow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back