NameSilo

Escrow.com's 2-week silence (WARNING)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
(This post is regarding a Domain Name Holding transaction)

So far, since I set the transaction up on July 5, I've received two emails from Escrow:

July 5: Your transaction was successfully created on Escrow.com
July 5: All parties have agreed to the transaction

Then..... silence. Over the next week, I emailed twice and called twice. Still, no movement on the transaction, no reason as to what the holdup was.

I called again today (more than two weeks after the transaction was started), and was told "Oh, our domain holding transaction guy is on vacation, but I just talked to him and he'll get the transaction agreement set up right away."

Say whaaa? Nothing's been done in over 2 WEEKS? At this point, I'm half expecting to lose the $2,500 sale because this nincompoop decided to take off for the beach and leave everybody hanging.

What the hell kind of show are they running over there nowadays? THIS is what I'm paying them $333 for?!

@Jackson Elsegood @Mauli Fry

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, I have just sold one LLLL .com and used Escrow.com, the transaction start on 20/07/26, I pushed the domain to my buyer account on 21/07/2016 and today I have just received the fund. Everything is going on smoothly with me from Escrow.com

•••
.DOMAINS is s great extension for this, at least in my opinion. Note that they now are redirecting the .COM to the .DOMAINS. Not the other way around.

Escrow.domains is a huge name, worths $100,000. They probably bought it with $1000 :)

•••
Escrow.domains is a huge name, worths $100,000. They probably bought it with $1000 :)

So we can't called them Escrow or Escrow Domains.

It's Escrow dot Domains. wierd name imo

•••

In my world it's not more strange than Escrow dot com. We call them 'Escrow dot com' and not just 'Escrow' either, or am I wrong?

•••

It is a self branding service for domains? What is the problem I wonder ? Seems well suited to the extension imo

•••
Escrow.domains is a nice enough name. But not near a 100K name, you must be joking.

Regarding Sedo.. Sure 3% sounds good, but both Escrow.com and DN.com is >1% fee on larger transactions. Thats what we need. Also Sedo is slow slow slow.

•••
I am on vacation for the next three weeks but that doesnt mean I have left everything messed up at work and that the organization I work for will wait for me . This is very bad.

I have been accepted at Armour Payments which is owned py Payoneer and as someone who uses Payoneer a lot and had no problems for many years, I am very optimistic about them. I am yet to try the service but already when I got accepted, since it works only on invitation/approval system, I have received very personalized introduction and quick answers to all questions I raised.

With that said, We cant deny Escrow is a household name which many people will easily trust and associate with so for that sake I hope they sort themselves out.

•••
Escrow.domains is a nice enough name. But not near a 100K name, you must be joking.

No more than the buyer of wine.club

•••
No more than the buyer of wine.club

Ah so your basis for valuing this domain in the .domains extension is a 1 year old fluke sale in the .club extension? Tell me which of the two names do you think has the larger audience?

No matter. Fan boys will be fan boys. Some of us is actually here to do business and treat this like a business. Good luck holding your wonderful .whateverextension names and hoping for 100K sales.

•••
Getting worried about what I am reading about escrow.com here...

•••
•••
Look at the business here and here.

Can you please share some of what you are smoking. It must be very strong.

Namebio has 4 recorded sales in the .domains extension. The top one being A.domains at 2,687 USD. But you think that escrow.domains is a 100K domain today?

Anyways I wont bother anymore, this is OT.

•••
Well here is my ten cents. The level of service at escrow.com has declined. It used to be by far the best run service I dealt with. Since the acquisition, it has been harder to get sales verified, the replies to emails often seemed canned, etc. So many people started to complain. Then the suggestion of escrow.domains came up. So I went to their site on July 4th to check them out. For me, there is not enough info there. Then I found what seemed to be an oddly worded paragraph, like it was not proof read. So I submitted that info via their feedback / contact form. And NEVER received a reply. Not a good sign. So I will stick with escrow.com since I know what I am dealing with and hope they get back to where they were. And Mauli is still at escrow. Definitely a plus.

•••
Which of these services allow a buy now redirect when parked?

•••
Check my posts at Quora.

•••
I have good experiences with DN.com, Ecop.com and previously Escrow.com although I'm a bit scared with Escrow.com now.

•••
I have good experiences with DN.com, Ecop.com and previously Escrow.com although I'm a bit scared with Escrow.com now.

Freelancer destroyed Warrior Forum and they are about to do same with escrow.com. I do not know why the previous owner had to sell this company. I know MONEY is good but not in all cases. Nobody can take care of your home like you would... FACT!

•••
DN.com are rather good, with lower commissions and decent support (as long as it's not during weekend or some holidays in China). I use them for smaller deals with Chinese. But it's a little scary to use for larger transactions considering how small it is (alexa above 1 million!) and that it did go down for weeks one time this year.

•••
My go to escrow service is Ecop.com... Francois is always helpful and everything is always done fast and smooth. It is a shame that they don't have a wider range because some people don't want to deal through Ecop...

•••
Dn.com look like a good alternative these days
escrow.com is quite slow nowadays,
and you have to contact them several times to make transaction move on

•••
DN.com is only good for people that don't care about having their identity stolen. Requiring a photo of the person holding their license really?

EscrowDomains.com (escrow.domains) looks promising, haven't heard a review though. Anyone use them yet?

•••
My go to escrow service is Ecop.com... Francois is always helpful and everything is always done fast and smooth. It is a shame that they don't have a wider range because some people don't want to deal through Ecop...

sorry but a wider range of what ?

•••
sorry but a wider range of what ?

A wider range of exposure/branding what ever you want to call it. People don't know about it so they automatically distrust it and decide they want to use Escrow.com (probably because it is well known and also because of the domain name...).

•••
DN.com is only good for people that don't care about having their identity stolen. Requiring a photo of the person holding their license really?

EscrowDomains.com (escrow.domains) looks promising, haven't heard a review though. Anyone use them yet?

That has to be the most ridiculous verification process around. Lol

•••
..........Requiring a photo of the person holding their license really...................

That goes against all that people are warned of, and taught not to do, with regard to identity theft and safegarding their PII.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back