IT.COM

Escrow.com Problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have used Escrow.com a dozen times and never had an experience like this. I tried calling regarding a pending transaction at 4:30 on Friday afternoon because they were not responding to emails. I was put on hold for an hour and then abruptly hung up on. I called back in and was informed that I had reached them after hours. However, their website, their phone rep and the after hours message all said that they answered phones up until 11pm Pacific time, which is also my time zone. Their web chat service also sent me straight to their email system.

I sent in several emails on Friday and have heard nothing back. Ok, maybe they have the weekend off. I contacted them again at 8:15 am this morning and I still get the same phone message that I have called after hours or during a holiday, even though all three sources above also stated that they were open at 8 am Pacific time.

I have a decent sized deal with a guy in Europe that I may lose because of this. I tell him to trust this company because I have used them many times before and never had a problem, and now I cannot even communicate with them to get the deal done. I mean, if their whole office is on vacation for a week for the Independence Day holiday, sure would be nice if they mentioned that somewhere.

This is an extremely disappointing display of unprofessionalism, IMO.

Has anyone else had similar problems lately with Escrow.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back