Domain Empire

opinion .es domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ybharath007

Established Member
Impact
Hi what do you guys think of .es domain with a good keyword with commercial value.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
We have to figure first who could be a potential buyer? I doubt it's sellable at all.

•••
We have to figure first who could be a potential buyer? I doubt it's sellable at all.
For the ones who are into hacks?
When hoodi.es is being auctioned at 150$ why not a huge industry?

•••
I have

defi.es
erod.es
gor.es

all hand reg'd

What do you guys think? Ive never messed with them before but have seen some recent activity around them

•••
I own 3dprinter.es and 3dprinters.es.
I get regular mid xxx offers for it.

•••
April 2016 Namebio reported sales for .es:

hoodi.es 190 USD 2016-04-29 Flippa
airports.es 2,999 USD 2016-04-19 Sedo
webtv.es 2,273 USD 2016-04-06 Sedo
kik.es 3,419 USD 2016-04-05 Sedo
emirat.es 5,603 USD 2016-04-03 Nidoma

Good market as far as prices!

•••
Keep in mind that the transfer process for .es domains is bureaucratic. Unless that has changed, both buyer and seller must send a completed form (in Spanish) to the registry along with scan of ID. This operation is free and not hard to do but could be challenging to some people.

•••
Keep in mind that the transfer process for .es domains is bureaucratic. Unless that has changed, both buyer and seller must send a completed form (in Spanish) to the registry along with scan of ID. This operation is free and not hard to do but could be challenging to some people.

yes... there are few things which seem wrong about .es

for instance:

you have to renew yoru .es domain up to 12 days before expiry date. else you pay $200 to get it back.

•••
Investing in ccTLDs is good, but you need to be aware of the peculiarities and get acquainted with the rules :) Otherwise you may have surprises. .es is more complicated than other European extensions. Before you even buy something to resell it, you need to figure out how you are going to do the transfer in a proper way.

•••
Guys, just to let everyone know, GD charges for .ES transfers (although, it's free). Screenshots attached, one from GD website, saying 'registry restrictions, blah, blah, blah' (highlighted in blue), another - official response from the Registry, they are not aware of any surcharges. Be careful.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

•••
I own this hack:

Brandabl.es

•••
•••
Hi all!

I think you'd better be cautious with englishwords .es domains.

First of all, .es domains are intended to be used for spanish sites (from Spain, not the common american spanish meaning). I think you know that, but just in case... ;)

Then, starting from there, in Spain some english words are used to describe new concepts, created in english countries that were imported to spain, those words are called "anglicismos" in spanish. These are often used when talking about economy, business, marketing, technology, etc. Note that some of them are not used with its original spelling, they've been apadted to a more "spanish" sound.

I can't post some links i've found where you can find some examples. However, using the word "anglicismo" you'll find plenty in google, most of them will be in spanish tough (google translate is your friend :-,).

I hope I have not discouraged you. I hope you research instead and make profit from .es domains. in the end, Spain is a big country in which every one has a smartphone, optic fiber internet is now reaching every household and its social network presence I believe is one of the most importants in the world.

what do you guys think of
Jewel.es
Hoodi.es

@ybharath007 I wouldn't go for those two, they don't have real use in spain.

Hey what about leathersho.es

How about laboratori.es
Its pronounced as laboratorioes which is similar and an English word.
Its a $100 billion industry

@Aditya321 Spanish peolpe would go for "zapatos de piel" when looking for leather shoes. Then, the spanish word for lab is "laboratorio", "laboratori" is a catalonian word. If you happen to find laboratori.cat, then it would be ok.

•••
Then, starting from there, in Spain some english words are used to describe new concepts, created in english countries that were imported to spain, those words are called "anglicismos" in spanish. These are often used when talking about economy, business, marketing, technology, etc. Note that some of them are not used with its original spelling, they've been apadted to a more "spanish" sound.
Good point - those anglicisms can take on a phonetic spelling - the English word "leader" gets imported as "lider"!

•••
I registered forev.es and droneselfi.es

Impulsive, but you never know.

•••
Picked up my first one word .es hack:

ⓣⓘⓒⓚⓛ.ⓔⓢ

:)

•••
In Spain the native language is Spanish not english. Thats why I regged this one, which means Diabetics.

Diabeticos.com.es

OmarVG

•••
I noticed that rapper Kevin Gates is using a .es hack for his primary website. He's on fire right now:

www.kevingat.es

•••
I've got 2 :

Fireplac.es
Wrinkl.es

•••
Still have my one .es...HomeBusiness.es

•••
Removed

Last edited:
•••
I own premium .es domain Comprendo.es ("I understand" in Spanish) along with english words... Foreign.es, Distant.es (interchangeably a spanish domain hack for "distantes") and Japanese.es.

Seems though you will need to get a bit lucky to sell english word .es domains, unless it is a short and highly recognizable english word.

•••
I own few English words .es like Resumes.es, FlightClub.es and few domain hacks like MacGam.es, Androidgam.es... still looking for suitable buyers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back