IT.COM

Epik vs NameSilo?

NameSilo
Watch

Domaniak

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Anyone here using NameSilo and Epik? How does Epik compare to NameSilo? Interested in hearing from those with hands-on experience regarding pros and especially cons with consideration for the following:

- I don't want domain privacy

- not interested in their "marketplaces"

- not interested in registrar's DNS management / domain parking

- not interested in ccTLD's and new gTLD's offerings

- interested in admin panel convenient for managing domains in the thousands

- interested in robust multiple sub-accounts / user management

- interested in reselling

- interested in convenient domain "push" process between accounts

So far leaning towards Epik because of their competitive, fixed standard .COM pricing (for NP members), proactive "can do" support and domaining-centric environment and suite of additional services

*** Note: NOT INTERESTED in any other registrars - already have accounts with and tried most of them out and formed an opinion ***

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@robepik - since direct CC transactions are not subject to PP fees do you plan to include these as well ?
Actually, CC transactions are also subject to substantial fees, albeit lower than PayPal's.
I don't use BTC & I'm European so wire / Chase or Wells Fargo is out of the question.
Same here!

How about adding Alipay to your funding/payment mix?

•••
@robepik - since direct CC transactions are not subject to PP fees do you plan to include these as well ?
I don't use BTC & I'm European so wire / Chase or Wells Fargo is out of the question.

As it would happen, we are about to announce a European acquisition. As a side benefit of that acquisitons, you are now able to deposit funds in Euros to a European bank account. Since we have not formally announced the deal, you can private message me at [email protected] if you need immediate details on how to fund your account from Europe. We will be happy to get you set up that way.

•••
•••
Nice - good to know!
Looking forward for the announcement.
Not in a big hurry. I'll have a lot more activity around June / July. Hopefully it will all be public by then.

•••
@robepik

I have checked my price for new .com reg and it is $8.49 instead of 8.10 as written somewhere else in the forum...is there anything you can do?

Thanks

•••
@robepik

I have checked my price for new .com reg and it is $8.49 instead of 8.10 as written somewhere else in the forum...is there anything you can do?

Thanks

@NameOmnia requires funding the account via bankdeposit, bank transfer, or BTC. PM me or contact [email protected] if you want to set up your account that way.

•••
@robepik & @namesilo

I love you both ;)

please offer opt out of 60 transfer block
as uniregistry does

I am into selling and reselling
and this is important

•••
@robepik & @namesilo

I love you both ;)

as uniregistry does

and this is important

@frank - There is an opt out for the transfer block. The only enforced block is the first 60 days of the registration as ICANN requires it. Otherwise, we don't enforce a 60 day block.

•••
@robepik & @namesilo

I love you both ;)

as uniregistry does

and this is important

We never enforce the 60-day transfer lock based on change of Registrant. The only 60-day lock that is enforced is the 60-day lock required per ICANN rules following new registration. However, even during that 60 days, you can still push domains to other NameSilo accounts.

•••
I agree. You two are my favorite, tbh.

•••
We never enforce the 60-day transfer lock based on change of Registrant. The only 60-day lock that is enforced is the 60-day lock required per ICANN rules following new registration. However, even during that 60 days, you can still push domains to other NameSilo accounts.

its about transfers IN

•••
its about transfers IN

As long as the domain is 60+ days old, there is no problem to transfer these domains in. Feel free to PM me if you are needing help with a specific case and we'll assist.

•••
its about transfers IN

What kind of lock are you specifically referring to? If the domain has been registered in the last 60 days, then, per ICANN and registry rules, the domain cannot be transferred to a different registrar. If the domain was previously transferred within the last 60 days, the losing registrar can decide whether or not to reject an outgoing transfer request. This is the same for Change of Registrant 60 day locks - the losing registrar determines whether or not to reject the request, not the gaining registrar. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if we can address a specific transfer further.

•••
What kind of lock are you specifically referring to? If the domain has been registered in the last 60 days, then, per ICANN and registry rules, the domain cannot be transferred to a different registrar. If the domain was previously transferred within the last 60 days, the losing registrar can decide whether or not to reject an outgoing transfer request. This is the same for Change of Registrant 60 day locks - the losing registrar determines whether or not to reject the request, not the gaining registrar. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if we can address a specific transfer further.

when I transfer a domain into namesilo
its blocked for outbound sale ( transfers )
for 60 days

at uniregistry its possible to deactivate that block
as I done today with a domain that was in uniregistry for about 1 week max

obviously at epik too as rob tells us here

•••
when I transfer a domain into namesilo
its blocked for outbound sale ( transfers )
for 60 days

at uniregistry its possible to deactivate that block
as I done today with a domain that was in uniregistry for about 1 week max

obviously at epik too as rob tells us here

Yes, we are happy to remove the 60-day lock on outgoing transfers upon request. Simply email [email protected] and the lock can be removed.

•••
•••
I am still talking about
transfers INTO namesilo

I really am sorry, but I am not understanding. The most previous reply I gave was to your message about "...blocked for outbound sale...", but your most previous reply noted above says you are referring to transfer "INTO" NameSilo. Might be best to email us at [email protected] with the specific domain(s) you are referring to and what specifically you are trying to do since I am just not quite understanding. Our average email response time is under 5 minutes during business hours so I'm sure someone will get right back to you if you can include specific domain(s) or specifically what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks

•••
As long as the domain is 60+ days old, there is no problem to transfer these domains in. Feel free to PM me if you are needing help with a specific case and we'll assist.

Hi Rob,

there is definetely no way to opt out of the 60days lock
when you transfer IN a domain ( .com )

why don't you just have it as default option
-to be DE checked if not wanted-

that is the way unireg does it
and I like it

•••
Hi Rob,

there is definetely no way to opt out of the 60days lock
when you transfer IN a domain ( .com )

why don't you just have it as default option
-to be DE checked if not wanted-

that is the way unireg does it
and I like it

We'll update that. We are just going along with the ICANN mandate but with a workaround. That 60 day rule just needs to go away altogether. Will be at GDD Summit in Madrid May 9-11 and will gauge sentiment there for dropping this silly rule altogether. Friction of any kind is not helpful to the industry.

•••
I really am sorry, but I am not understanding. The most previous reply I gave was to your message about "...blocked for outbound sale...", but your most previous reply noted above says you are referring to transfer "INTO" NameSilo. Might be best to email us at [email protected] with the specific domain(s) you are referring to and what specifically you are trying to do since I am just not quite understanding. Our average email response time is under 5 minutes during business hours so I'm sure someone will get right back to you if you can include specific domain(s) or specifically what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks

when I transfer a domain INTO namesilo
I will be not able to transfer it OUT before 60 days

•••
when I transfer a domain INTO namesilo
I will be not able to transfer it OUT before 60 days
Dude, he clearly keeps trying to tell you that you CAN transfer it out before 60 days.

•••
•••
•••
I just opened an account on Epik, and it seems very good, i like the Domain Name Leasing & Renting...mmmmm..

@robepik

what about domain sales page ?

and fees for withdraw the money to my bank account ?

Last edited:
•••
I just opened an account on Epik, and it seems very good, i like the Domain Name Leasing & Renting...mmmmm..

@robepik

what about domain sales page ?

and withdraw the money to my bank account ?

Folks can currently withdraw to PayPal, BTC or eCheck. Wires are possible but require an additional fee.

As for leasing, I believe we are #1 there.

As for domain sales pages, they are free. Some info here:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back