Dynadot

discuss Epik vs. Epic and Happy New Year!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=epik

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=domainer

Just like "domainer" isn't a real word, either is epikO_o However, they both are found in the Urban Dictionary and Wiktionary, thus they're not made up words imho.

Like I have with other key words, I've just started accumulating a portfolio titled; EpikNames.com like; EpikTravel.com, EpikVegas.com and EpikJobs.com

Rob Monster the CEO of Epik.com was the first industry leader I met when I accidentally found the domain industry and the secondary market that Verisign says is "hidden in plain sight".

It's been said, if you want a new idea read an old book, and you may want to think of me as the old book:xf.wink: I found this industry too late to be involved in "one word" domains, but two word domains have become my skill set that I've been told I'm pretty good at, and hopefully getting better.

Now getting back to Epik vs. Epic. As a business person, would you rather own the domain EpicTravel at 20K or EpikTravel at 2K? In my mind it's a No Brainer:xf.rolleyes:, but not so fast old time "domainers" might say? To put things in perspective, I just bought the domain EpikTravel.com from Epik.com for $8 and GD Values it at $1,343 while it Values EpicTravel at $6,455. And while those valuations sound way out of bounds, NameWorth values EpicTravel.com at $9,450 and EpikTravel.com at <less than $500. Furthermore, NameWorth values Epik.com at $64,000 and Epic.com at 10M, that's right ten million dollars:xf.rolleyes:

Finally, and maybe it's just me, but I like "Epik" better than "Epic"....maybe it's that EpikWeed:xf.confused: I've been smoking. What say you?....Happy New Year(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've given your question a whole lot of thought, and I really don't want to loose any sleep over it. Sweet dreams my friend:xf.rolleyes:
You did start this thread to discuss the merits of misspelled words as parts of domain names.

Is the discussion done?

•••
Any Godaddy appraisal that's under $2000 is pretty much meaningless as far as an indication of worth/value or realistic price someone might be willing to pay.

Examples of names I just invented randomly that are available to handreg with their appraisals:

Zambobo.com $1107
Zwavo.com $1105
Rambono.com $1230

That doesn't mean that good names can't be appraised under $2000, it just means that Godaddy's default is to give almost any domain at least a $1000+ valuation in order to justify its worth to potential end users.

Why do people always quote GD appraisal and not Estibot
Estibot sales are dated and include search volume, amongst other things
Half GD appraisals seems to be based on partial market data that preceeds the iPhone...

Last edited:
•••
Why do people always quote GD appraisal and not Estibot
Estibot sales are dated and include search volume, amongst other things
Half GD appraisals seems to be based on partial market data that preceeds the iPhone...
Estibot appraisals are just as meaningless imho. I can provide hundred of instances where Estibot appraises domains at "zero", and equivalents have sold for thousands of dollars. Take for example StealthLegal.com, it appraises for $5,400 at NameWorth, at $1875 at GD, and <less than $100 at Estibot. There are many sales of two word "Stealth" domains reported at Namebio for between $1,500 and $15,000. Estibot appraisals suck imho, and appraisals like I just showed proves it:xf.wink:

•••
I'm aware of that MapleDots...EpikNames is Robs if he wants it. I guess since I reg'd it at Epik he could probably take it and hold me hostage:xf.frown: Have a Happy Gourmet New Year(y)

Epikurean

•••
Epikurean

https://epikureanresorts.com/index.php/about

A funny thing about the letter "K"....it consistantly ranks in the top 10 of favorite letters, and here is a story about the letter "K"; https://learnwithhomer.com/library/story/meet-the-letter-k/ No wonder everyone prefers it over the letter "C"

I knew I'd heard of Epi[K]urian somewhere, and thanks for posting it otismo. I also went to your website Foxeo.com, and it's one of the coolest sites I've visited. Thanks for stopping, and I'll keep your services in mind(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back