Dynadot

Epik stealing money without apologizing

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Epik terrorizing domain business more and more.

One of the best sides of Epik was live chat 24/7.
Now we can't chat when we login.

You can't register ANY DOMAIN now at Epik.
For many days this bug stays there.
I have 4 figures of money there which I can't use.

You can't register or renew, and when you
"register a domain", they will take the money,
and forget about it.

After several warnings, they still don't issue refund for failed registrations.
No response.

Pure domain terror.

I'm sure most people at Epik are good people, but there is at least one
which should be arrested and stay in prison forever.

And whoever that guy is , he is one of the most powerful ones there.
Eliminate that guy, and everything will be ok.
Any ideas who that evil monster is (I don't think he is Mr. Monster).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have 4 figures of money there which I can't use.

You can't register or renew, and when you
"register a domain", they will take the money,
and forget about it.

Epik's current problems are pretty well documented.

You have posted multiple times about issues with them.

I guess you don't have many options as you could request a withdrawal and get in line with all the other people who have not been paid, and now it doesn't even seem like you can use the balance at all.

People have reported registrations and renewals taking many days. It's a shitshow for sure.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I mean, Epik was ok to good from time to time recently. Now they are dead, or they should be in a different sense.

•••
Sorry to hear about your problems with Epik, @topdom

I'd suggest that you leave them asap if possible.

•••
I am getting refunds for unregistered domains or canceled orders. Typically domain registration takes 24-48 hrs and you should create a ticket asking to reg a domain.

Early domain registration issues was fixed for my account and it was instantly but now domains won't registering.

Tbh their control panel and website one of the best in industry sadly that business is closing or collapsing.

I think Godaddy should buy this registrar. Epik.com is great.

•••
Front running detection as well
e. G. I have submitted the order - domain registration for hitechbiz.com paid via masterbucks on 23.30 zulu time and after 4 minutes 23.34 zulu time it was registered by another person I think someone from Epik stuff grabbed this domain via another registrar because i instantly got email Failed registration of hitechbiz.com typically i getting such emails after 24 hours.
The domain was available for reg around 4 hours and nobody touched it.

•••
I had like 20% of my domains at Epik but after the database leak scandal I immediately transfered them out to a safe registrar, changed password, deleted credit card and never used Epik again.

I wonder why you didn't do the same?!

Last edited:
•••
Good news I've got instantly refund to the source of payment without waiting 24 hrs. Strange...

•••
I had like 20% of my domains at Epik but after the database leak scandal I immediately transfered them out to a safe registrar, changed password, deleted credit card and never used Epik again.

I wonder why you didn't do the same?!
Well, money could be a reason, and a real one. If you have 1000 domain names it's $11000 to transfer then to Dynadot let's say, and $5500 if it's just a half. Not to the point that one shouldn't do it, but clearly see why not as well )))

•••
It sucks to see Epik.com tumbling to the ground. It was a good platform.

•••
really sad to hear this news, i was procrastinating, but now i will move my domains somewhere else.

•••
I think Godaddy should buy this registrar. Epik.com is great.
How about one one of the other smaller registrars buying it, like Dynadot or NameSilo? After all, GoDaddy is already very large and #1 in registrations.

Last edited:
•••
It sucks to see Epik.com tumbling to the ground. It was a good platform.

Think there is a lot of propaganda on NP regarding Epik.com . My experience in dealing with Rob Monster at Epik.com was a very good one and find some of these accusations way out of line .

There are a lot of Epik and RM haters out there that will post any derogatory comments

•••
There are a lot of Epik and RM haters out there that will post any derogatory comments
Many of these individuals felt they were hurt by them. Epik and RM have been offered the opportunity to respond here on Namepros forum by some of those members posting comments. Epik had provided some direct thread responses initially, but none yet from RM. Better communication from them may have helped clear up confusion and help lower the number of negative comments.

Last edited:
•••
Its already more than 27 hours ago that order was submitted money paid domain still unregistered. Tons of tickets was sent. This is ridiculous... selling domains on Epik marketplace doesn't makes sense anymore because you can't use masterbucks for new domain registrations.

Is Epik still accredited registrar?

•••
@Rob Monster I love your register but some disagree can you comment here?

•••
•••
@Rob Monster I love your register but some disagree can you comment here?
Last seen Oct 20, 2022

He has not really said anything publicly since he was replaced as CEO in early September.
The entire company has gone radio silent basically.

Brad

•••
How about one one of the other smaller registrars buying it, like Dynadot or NameSilo? After all, GoDaddy is already very large and #1 in registrations.
With all the controversies, including the latest financial disaster, I am not sure what brand value Epik really has.
I could see another company maybe just acquiring their domain customers, but not the other businesses like hosting.

I doubt GoDaddy, Dynadot, or other reputable players in the field really want to deal with that potential fallout.

Brad

•••
With all the controversies, including the latest financial disaster, I am not sure what brand value Epik really has.
I could see another company maybe just acquiring their domain customers, but not the other businesses like hosting.

I doubt GoDaddy, Dynadot, or other reputable players in the field really want to deal with that potential fallout.

Brad
I knew but forgot about the whole new seo. Yeah, epik is nice but people try and make them sound like 1and1 which rebranded and doesn't use that name now. If, it were for the masterbucks issue people would speak more highly of epik because domains are so cheap to renew and transfer-in. Maybe, godaddy should buy them and just create godaddy account for all the epik customers and move their accounts to their network free if they can do that without 60-day lock because that would make people mad.

•••
I knew but forgot about the whole new seo. Yeah, epik is nice but people try and make them sound like 1and1 which rebranded and doesn't use that name now. If, it were for the masterbucks issue people would speak more highly of epik because domains are so cheap to renew and transfer-in. Maybe, godaddy should buy them and just create godaddy account for all the epik customers and move their accounts to their network free if they can do that without 60-day lock because that would make people mad.
Well, in fairness before that they suffered a basically unprecedented level data breach, at least in the domain field, which highlighted their poor security practices. Even after that event it was unclear what they did to improve their security.

In the domain world they might be known for other things, but outside that all they are really known for is that data breach and the clients they host.

I am just saying any acquisition would come with a lot of baggage. I think GoDaddy would be the least likely buyer. They have had many issues with them in the past and I doubt they would want any association whatsoever.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Obviously Godaddy is a great and trusted company but their website usability is..ugly slow loading etc compare with Epik.com. Masterbucks as a currency was a great idea.. Epik was a really innovative registrar. 1and1 always registered domains for me even after 24 hrs. Their support is so great that solved my issues via Facebook domain pushes etc.

•••
Masterbucks as a currency was a great idea..
What was great about it? It is an unregulated internal currency, leading to the commingling of funds by an unlicensed escrow company, and an inability to pay customer debts.

If the "escrow" service was paying out in actual currency, and using industry standard practices, none of this could have happened.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What was great about it? It is an unregulated internal currency, leading to the commingling of funds by an unlicensed escrow company, and an inability to pay customer debts.

If the "escrow" service was paying out in actual currency, and using industry standard practices, none of this could have happened.

Brad
I mean it was useful before 2022.

•••
I mean it was useful before 2022.
It was also used by Epik customers who, for various reasons, were unable or unwilling to use other payment methods. At some point, Epik itself decided to have certain payouts only via Masterbucks, which got even more people into trouble.

•••
Back