Dynadot

Epik stealing money without apologizing

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Epik terrorizing domain business more and more.

One of the best sides of Epik was live chat 24/7.
Now we can't chat when we login.

You can't register ANY DOMAIN now at Epik.
For many days this bug stays there.
I have 4 figures of money there which I can't use.

You can't register or renew, and when you
"register a domain", they will take the money,
and forget about it.

After several warnings, they still don't issue refund for failed registrations.
No response.

Pure domain terror.

I'm sure most people at Epik are good people, but there is at least one
which should be arrested and stay in prison forever.

And whoever that guy is , he is one of the most powerful ones there.
Eliminate that guy, and everything will be ok.
Any ideas who that evil monster is (I don't think he is Mr. Monster).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mean it was useful before 2022.
That's probably true, but something happened where it collapsed.

An escrow company is supposed to work like this -

Bank Account 1 - Company funds.
Bank Account 2 - Where escrow funds are held.

How Epik appears to have worked -

Bank Account - company funds & escrow funds. That is what commingling is.

The commingling of funds alone though is not enough for this to happen. Something needed to happen to those "escrow" funds. It seems like Epik doesn't even know where some of the funds actually went.

The use of an internal token just made this even more possible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Obviously Godaddy is a great and trusted company but their website usability is..ugly slow loading etc compare with Epik.com. Masterbucks as a currency was a great idea.. Epik was a really innovative registrar. 1and1 always registered domains for me even after 24 hrs. Their support is so great that solved my issues via Facebook domain pushes etc.
Masterbucks reminds me of bitcoin for some reason not sure why maybe it's the potential for gains or losses.

•••
What happens if Ep*k registrar license is revoked?

Ep*k finally stopped domain registration process. My last 3 dotcoms was unregistered. I also delist all domains from their marketplace. Preparing for transfer away.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Masterbucks reminds me of bitcoin for some reason not sure why maybe it's the potential for gains or losses.
Well, Bitcoin is not an internal token. Masterbucks is more like Dave & Buster's tokens.
It is an internal currency with a fixed value.

Because it is not traded, what is the upside for gains?

The downside however is the system collapses and it could be worth zero.

So basically, it is the exact opposite of a decentralized token. It is not traded, instead being controlled by one single company. You are completely at their whim, as people can see now.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, Bitcoin is not an internal token. Masterbucks is more like Dave & Buster's tokens.
It is an internal currency with a fixed value.

Because it is not traded, what is the upside for gains?

The downside however is the system collapses and it could be worth zero.

So basically, it is the exact opposite of a decentralized token. It is not traded, instead being controlled by one single company. You are completely at their whim, as people can see now.

Brad
Yeah, weird that masterbucks isn't monitored by the IRS or something lol. I guess once you cash it out. Can't remember what my cash-out fee was last time.

•••
Yeah, weird that masterbucks isn't monitored by the IRS or something lol. I guess once you cash it out. Can't remember what my cash-out fee was last time.
That is another example of why an internal token like that can be abused. The company can basically just arbitrarily impose their own terms.

This is what happened with Masterbucks. There was no separate TOS, then while the funds were frozen from withdrawal they imposed a new TOS that no one agreed to, or had a chance to opt-out of.

This new TOS had many questionable parts, but it also added new withdrawal fees that were basically price gouging.

For instance they are charging a percentage of a ACH/Wire now -

ACH0.75% of transactionUSD USA Based Accounts only
WireUSD 45 + 2.5% of transactionUSD Only

That is something that is far outside an industry standard practice and leads to exorbitant fees.

Brad

•••
This is pure stealing, crime in action
Someone needs to go to jail!!

•••
Think there is a lot of propaganda on NP regarding Epik.com . My experience in dealing with Rob Monster at Epik.com was a very good one and find some of these accusations way out of line .

There are a lot of Epik and RM haters out there that will post any derogatory comments
There is no withdrawal for several months, which has been delayed, and epik.com does not answer any capital questions, that is, delay,

•••
That is another example of why an internal token like that can be abused. The company can basically just arbitrarily impose their own terms.

This is what happened with Masterbucks. There was no separate TOS, then while the funds were frozen from withdrawal they imposed a new TOS that no one agreed to, or had a chance to opt-out of.

This new TOS had many questionable parts, but it also added new withdrawal fees that were basically price gouging.

For instance they are charging a percentage of a ACH/Wire now -

ACH0.75% of transactionUSD USA Based Accounts only
WireUSD 45 + 2.5% of transactionUSD Only

That is something that is far outside an industry standard practice and leads to exorbitant fees.

Brad
They charge fees and don't pay for them. They keep delaying

•••
They charge fees and don't pay for them. They keep delaying
Maybe they should rebrand from Masterbucks to Magicbucks or Magicbeans because just like that your money magically disappears.

360_F_266411841_ukFrA1rmJ9QipVffbXwQUGOM2Uto4eUo.jpg

•••
the bad guys will be punished eventually

•••
I am getting refunds for unregistered domains or canceled orders. Typically domain registration takes 24-48 hrs and you should create a ticket asking to reg a domain.

Early domain registration issues was fixed for my account and it was instantly but now domains won't registering.

Tbh their control panel and website one of the best in industry sadly that business is closing or collapsing.

I think Godaddy should buy this registrar. Epik.com is great.
There now prices for non .com to renew $35.

•••
Did you ever get an apology for Epik stealing your money¿

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back