Domain Empire

Epik.com Promo Deals and Happy Hour Mega-Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sufyan Alani

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm creating this post to keep you all informed of Epik.com Happy Hours!
Every day, we'll try to discount an extension and give you the chance to register & invest in this extension.

Today, we're featuring .US extension, and we're discounting it to $1.50 for new registrations starting now, and will be ON for the next 5 hours.

The following is a list of all domain names that have been registered previously before under .US, and are available one more time for registration: https://armored.net/index.php/s/t9rf2GLm4JktQWn

Remember, all domains registered at Epik include:
- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Here is also a link to ALL promos that we're currently running, in case you wanted to look into something different: https://www.epik.com/promos/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, let me know what extensions you'd be interested to see featuring in our future Happy Hours! We'll do our best to accommodate all requests.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Who was the losing register of those 10,000 domains if you don’t mind saying?

Several registrars but mostly Namebright. Customers ultimately choose a place to consolidate their inventory. Our tools work well for people with large portfolios and we are continually optimizing the software to make it very practical and efficient for managing large portfolios across the domain life cycle.

•••
So what I hear you saying is in order for these promos to continue, or possibly be even discounted further, we need to list and sell all our domains on epik marketplace? ;)

Assuming he/she lists the domains in epik marketplace, and at a 1% sell through rate = 100 sales. Average sale price at $2,500, and at average 10% commission equates to $250 per sale. $250 per sale x 100 sales = $25k +/-

Then factor customer retainment rate from the buyers of the 100 sales at 5%, and those 5 new customers help drive down customer acquisition rate, which trickled in from the origin of the 10,000 transfer in.

But wait, there's more!

I think I head somewhere that epik has industry leading landing pages that are driving sales upwards. So at a 1.5% sales through rate, this scenario just jumped to a $12,500 in the green cash crop.

Have a good weekend everyone! And Thanks @Rob Monster for the response. Don't stretch yourself too thin trying to appease us all. When the community really wants something, we'll band together and let it be known, otherwise, the community has an organic way of settling the noise.

Lastly, if you leave a nPer without discount options for too long, he/she will always sniff it out elsewhere. Whether or not the cheese is rotten is usually a chance to be taken with discounted cheese, but it's nice to know if we get the discounted cheese out of the store, we can transfer it to epik for them to prepare and plate the cheese like only a chef knows how.

Beyond cheap domains and good tools, I think a key ingredient is helping folks to shoot the moon on domain sales. Sometimes that starts with cheap registrations or even an interest-free domain loan to bridge the transition from a (failing) PPC-centric strategy to a shoot-the-moon domain lander strategy. However, I think for anyone with non-crap .COM, .ORG and .CO, there is a viable strategy to financial independence.

•••
- An upgraded Masterbucks cloud wallet that might improve your life.
I think I smell a new name contest coming soon! lol

Also .. Thanks for ending the month with the super discount .. I promised the others I would wait for the group rate of $6.49 or less before doing my 100 hand-registrations .. and you more than delivered with $5.99! 100 handregs is four or five times more than ALL my handreg's since I got into domaining 3 years ago! lol

FYI .. to the rest of you .. 5 of the 100 domains got registered in the time I waited .. so I probably won't be waiting in the future. $7.49 is a great (below cost) price .. as is $8.49 for renewals. In my entire 3 years domaining I don't think I've done more than 20 handregs total .. lol .. 95%+ of my acquisitions are auction/closeout .. curious how these will do .. got some really good ones .. I'm really regretting the 5 that got away though! I have enough with my auction/closeout lists to fill my days .. but I'd really like to apply my process to the drops. Now that Epik offers $8.49 drop catching to NP members, it really changes the math in a very favourable way! :)

@Grilled .. are you sure about your numbers? I thought Epik was over half a million domains?

Also .. I'm doubtful any registrar has an overall 1% sell-through .. the 1-2% rule is based on good sellable domains .. unfortunately I think it's only the minority of domainers who even make those numbers. Plus I'm also thinking even if Epik's landers are great .. there's probably a lot of domains without Epik landers for various reasons .. including laziness .. lol .. and also I think a lot of the biggest domainers have their own proprietary solutions .. or something like Efty. As Epik develops their selling platform more and more, I think they'll see a higher % of domains on Epik landers.

Last edited:
•••
Rob, there seems to be domain search problems off and on. Sometimes I can search, sometimes it takes forever to check.

EDIT: and sometimes available regs turn out as "taken"
MORE EDITS: only org and co turned out fine, other tlds cannot check as well

EDIT: now worked again. What's going on? It used to work all the time

Last edited:
•••
Rob, there seems to be domain search problems off and on. Sometimes I can search, sometimes it takes forever to check.

I see the Verisign EPP lagging during the tail end of the drop in the last few minutes. Should resolve shortly but we'll check what's up there. As a pro tip, if not already the case, I would use Bulk search:

https://registrar.epik.com/index/bulk-register-domain

Here is the shortcut: epik.com/bulk

Update: All back to normal. Engineers are auditing why Verisign EPP was lagging there.

Last edited:
•••
I did use bulk search as well. Sometimes when I loaded the bulk (even when less than 500) it still turned out with nothing

•••
Please do Epik a big favor and don't use PayPal for your single $7.49 transactions. PayPal kicks our butts with outrageous fees:

upload_2019-11-2_12-31-46.png

Our hard cost on that is $8.03. Stop making PayPal rich by pre-funding your account or using another payment method.

Before year-end, Masterbucks 2.0 will provide much needed relief to domainers. In the meantime, please resist the temptation to use Paypal for single domain transactions.

Thanks!

•••
Sorry Rob! I'm forced to receive PP since many domainers use PP when buying from me. May I know what's the ideal minimum no. of domains if using PP?

And does pre-funding with PP make a difference if same amount?

•••
Sorry Rob! I'm forced to receive PP since many domainers use PP when buying from me. May I know what's the ideal minimum no. of domains if using PP?

And does pre-funding with PP make a difference if same amount?

Paypal charges around 5% so pre-funding with PayPal does make a difference. We have not resorted to the model of applying a surcharge for using Paypal because we know it would penalize the folks with the smallest budgets. I am just letting folks know that as their economic condition improves to be mindful of how services like PayPal are draining the domain economy. We appreciate it.

•••
@Grilled .. are you sure about your numbers? I thought Epik was over half a million domains?

Those were nameserver counts from DomainTools (my understanding) Definitely not a true metric as most set their own nameserver after purchase. I know I've been to a site that showed more info, but i couldn't remember what it was last night, or if it was a paid service. Felt DomainTools nameserver count might reflect a small sample size of registrations based on defaits NS after regs. But nonetheless, is skewed by a variety of factors and not a true test.

•••
What are the current rates for transfers and renewals? Yes I looked at the threads.

•••
What are the current rates for transfers and renewals? Yes I looked at the threads.
Hello trelgor,

.com transfers are currently at $7.49 and renewals are at $8.49
But this can be lowered to $8.10 if you prefund your account by Wire or crypto

Thanks,
Gube

Last edited:
•••
Not enough for me atm. What about the NP:s group discount? Status?

•••
Not enough for me atm. What about the NP:s group discount? Status?
There's no group discount presently. That's finished.

•••
Paypal charges around 5% so pre-funding with PayPal does make a difference. We have not resorted to the model of applying a surcharge for using Paypal because we know it would penalize the folks with the smallest budgets. I am just letting folks know that as their economic condition improves to be mindful of how services like PayPal are draining the domain economy. We appreciate it.

Just a suggestion, maybe make a pop up at the choosing payment method page similar to the credit card pop up asking to update CC expiration date, except the message will be like encouragement to prefund instead of buying directly.when choosing PP as payment method. That way everyone will be aware about the costs.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I thought group discount was no more? ☝️

•••
I thought group discount was no more? ☝️
There is no-one currently organising a group (i.e. keeping a tally of individuals committing to buy 'x' names so as to obtain a higher discount level.
But when a whale (an individual entity) brings in a bulk qty of names Rob offers a discount which all can take part in.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry Rob! I'm forced to receive PP since many domainers use PP when buying from me.

I have a lot of payments via PayPal as well. If you don't already have a PayPal debit card, request one. I use that to pay from my PayPal balance. Epik only get's charged the normal CC processing fees and not regular PayPal fees, and I get a 1% "reward" each month.

Last edited:
•••
I have a lot of payments via PayPal as well. If you don't already have a PayPal debit card, request one. I use that to pay from my PayPal balance. Epik only get's charged the normal CC processing fees and not regular PayPal fees, and I get a 1% "reward" each month.
PP debit cards are only for Americans, last I remembered. Wanted one long ago and saw the super huge disappointing info.

•••
•••
Crazy happy hour for a dear friend of Epik:

$6.49 for .COM -- for 1 hour.

Sorry, just 1 hour for this one. Anyone can get in on this deal for creates or transfers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back