Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Every day, Epik is dropping more and more domains.

For many TLDs, on day 36 of expiry, we send names through a Snapnames expiry auction. The minimum bid there is $79 which is high for some domains.

On Day 43 of expiry, the last day before we delete names, we do a reverse auction with the final price of domains dropping all the way down to $9 plus the renewal cost.

Every day we see great names get picked up for peanuts. Last night DrugAddiction.Co went for $9 plus reg fee, for example.

You can check out the daily inventory here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

The Epik.com team will post in this thread about particularly insane bargains that you might want to know about.

Also, for NamePros members, we have dropped the Backorder fee all the way down to $8.49. So, if you want to backorder at Epik, you can still get a non-exclusive but no-auction backorder for reg fee. For premium domains, the renewal fee is added to the backorder fee, but for a .COM, $8.49 is the all-in refundable backorder deposit.

So, follow this thread and we'll drop some backordering nuggets here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Gabe,
Are there other extentions that can be catched, when domains drop and what is the pricing ?
f.i. .net .org.info ?
and .tv and .co ?
and .top ?
@gabe @robmonster
We can catch .com and .net
Still some improvements to do on .org but we can catch them, Will work on it this week :)
We also can catch Donuts TLDs

•••
Hello everyone,

I wanted to revive this thread so I thought I would share some domains dropping tomorrow for which I see value in. You can backorder them at Epik for 8.49$.

equichance.com - Equi Chance - Non profit using the .net version (Taken in 3 TLDs)
oreya.com - 7700$ estibot appraisal, The name is used by multiple persons
towoc.com - Non profit using the .org
hotelgent.com - Hotel + City domain, Gent is a big city in Belgium
dalidesign.com - Old domain, Company using the .studio version of the name

I found these names using Dropelf.com, the site I developped to go through the pending delete names
Being able to order names by the number of TLDs taken, or searching for names previously at Dropcatch is now easier (One great other filter is the words count one, I often use it to find 2 words names). Just enter your filters, and hit search, It's free ;)

If you have any question about Epik or Dropelf, I'm here to help

Happy dropcatching,
Gube

•••
If you have any question about Epik or Dropelf, I'm here to help
Thank you for the tool. Can you add filters to eliminate numbers and hyphens from domain names?
I also noticed that setting the word count filter with a min 1 word and max 2 word still returns random names (including alphanumeric names).

•••
Thank you for the tool. Can you add filters to eliminate numbers and hyphens from domain names?
I also noticed that setting the word count filter with a min 1 word and max 2 word still returns random names (including alphanumeric names).
To eliminate number domains, set the length filter so it starts from 4 characters.
For the words count, it's because of the way we get domains splitted in words..
We can't make a difference yet on brandable domains and real one words.
I would simply set words count from 2 to 2

•••
I've got a general question about the backorder process at epik and I welcome the answer from anyone that knows.

I'm pretty sure I know but when in position #2, once the verification email comes, in means that there is one other person ahead of me in the epik system...right?

If that is the case (as I think it is) and it is a name I really want, I should also go to another dropcatch service in hopes their system will get the name before the epik one does...right? Of course I will using my own rapidly moving finger to reg the name myself (exercise in futility more than likely :xf.smile:).

Last edited:
•••
I've got a general question about the backorder process at epik and I welcome the answer from anyone that knows.

I'm pretty sure I know but when in position #2, once the verification email comes, in means that there is one other person ahead of me in the epik system...right?

If that is the case (as I think it is) and it is a name I really want, I should also go to another dropcatch service in hopes their system will get the name before the epik one does...right? Of course I will using my own rapidly moving finger to reg the name myself (exercise in futility more than likely :xf.smile:).
Yes, it means someone else backordered it at Epik too.
You're free to use an other dropcatching tool at the same time, but you won't able to beat our system with hand registering (except if, for an unknown reason, our system was down)

Gube,

•••
Hi Gube,

Thanks for the fast response...I'm glad you pointed out my hand regging wouldn't out pace the automated system...saved me some time!

•••
To eliminate number domains, set the length filter so it starts from 4 characters.
The domains returned were 4 characters in length. Please see the screenshot below:
upload_2019-10-24_16-19-1.png

For the words count, it's because of the way we get domains splitted in words..
We can't make a difference yet on brandable domains and real one words.
The issue isn't with brandable domains. As shown in the screenshot, I've set word count between 1 & 2. In this case, domains that are returned should contain at least 1 word. Correct? At least that what I assumed. But as you can see in the screenshot, there domains in the list don't have at least one word

•••
The domains returned were 4 characters in length. Please see the screenshot below:
Show attachment 132755

The issue isn't with brandable domains. As shown in the screenshot, I've set word count between 1 & 2. In this case, domains that are returned should contain at least 1 word. Correct? At least that what I assumed. But as you can see in the screenshot, there domains in the list don't have at least one word
My mistake, Use from 5 letters

For the other thing, It's because of the way it works. It's not really the word count but the number of separed words contained, and we have no way of checking if it's real words or not, at least not yet, since no one asked for that.. And there are only a few meaningful One words dropping daily

•••
Remind to keep an eye on Daily Diamonds. The inventory will keep getting better.

See here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

A few from today's list that I like:

childcarelawyer.com
chromatones.com
crutchy.com
framing.biz

The prices bottom at $9 + reg-fee.

•••
How to check if a dropping domain is a premium renewal?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back