Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Every day, Epik is dropping more and more domains.

For many TLDs, on day 36 of expiry, we send names through a Snapnames expiry auction. The minimum bid there is $79 which is high for some domains.

On Day 43 of expiry, the last day before we delete names, we do a reverse auction with the final price of domains dropping all the way down to $9 plus the renewal cost.

Every day we see great names get picked up for peanuts. Last night DrugAddiction.Co went for $9 plus reg fee, for example.

You can check out the daily inventory here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

The Epik.com team will post in this thread about particularly insane bargains that you might want to know about.

Also, for NamePros members, we have dropped the Backorder fee all the way down to $8.49. So, if you want to backorder at Epik, you can still get a non-exclusive but no-auction backorder for reg fee. For premium domains, the renewal fee is added to the backorder fee, but for a .COM, $8.49 is the all-in refundable backorder deposit.

So, follow this thread and we'll drop some backordering nuggets here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Strapglasses.com are dropping tomorrow. :snaphappy:
Ha funny but my eyes aren't ALWAYS playing tricks. I just noticed the status of backorders does change.

Yesterday I checked my backorders and I missed all 3 but this morning I now have 1 that was caught. So has anyone else seen this?

•••
Ha funny but my eyes aren't ALWAYS playing tricks. I just noticed the status of backorders does change.

Yesterday I checked my backorders and I missed all 3 but this morning I now have 1 that was caught. So has anyone else seen this?
Hello,

Yes, It's possible.
We were doing some tests and improvements on the backordering system yesterday, and so, some names were not delivered to customers directly.
It should now be correct :)

Thanks,
Gube

•••
Hello NPs,

Here is the new, filtered, pending delete list for this 19th of September
Excel file
: https://armored.net/index.php/s/gZzki4syq8nwPTM
Google sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kT2TGYU6VUVAmjKezq_dK5PHlY5JMRJAPvGqbJeuCyE/edit?usp=sharing

Hand picks from the list
deotop.com - turbobug.com - mydelete.com - purememe.com

You can place backorders at Epik from here : epik.com/bulk
8.49$ per domain, First come first serve and No auction
No catch > We refund you with account credits valid on all Epik.com products (It never expires)

If you have any question about Epik or the list, Mention or PM me, I will be happy to help :)

Happy dropcatching,
Gube

•••
Hello NPs,

Here is the new, filtered, pending delete list for this 19th of September
Excel file
: https://armored.net/index.php/s/gZzki4syq8nwPTM
Google sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kT2TGYU6VUVAmjKezq_dK5PHlY5JMRJAPvGqbJeuCyE/edit?usp=sharing

Hand picks from the list
deotop.com - turbobug.com - mydelete.com - purememe.com

You can place backorders at Epik from here : epik.com/bulk
8.49$ per domain, First come first serve and No auction
No catch > We refund you with account credits valid on all Epik.com products (It never expires)

If you have any question about Epik or the list, Mention or PM me, I will be happy to help :)

Happy dropcatching,
Gube
So it is account credit and not the money back? When I read your refund policy I can't see this mentioned?

When you go to backorder a domain it says the below....

"We will try to register the domain on your behalf if it ever becomes available. You may cancel the backorder at any moment and the funds will be returned to you."

Is the above just for cancellations? Or does it include names that are not caught? It is a bit confusing...

•••
So it is account credit and not the money back? When I read your refund policy I can't see this mentioned?

When you go to backorder a domain it says the below....

"We will try to register the domain on your behalf if it ever becomes available. You may cancel the backorder at any moment and the funds will be returned to you."

Is the above just for cancellations? Or does it include names that are not caught? It is a bit confusing...
Hello,

It's for both, cancellations and not caught domains.
Refunding as account credits helps us lower our transactions fees.

Gube,

•••
Hello,

It's for both, cancellations and not caught domains.
Refunding as account credits helps us lower our transactions fees.

Gube,
Thanks for clearing it up - appreciate it.

You might want to amend the wording on your refund policy and on the order page to say it is account credit and not "funds" to make it 100% clear

•••
•••
•••
Yesterday I noticed 3 more in limbo backorders.

To be clear, I'm calling them in limbo because they drop to the very end of my now very long list which I could easily miss because...

They still seem to be future drops BUT the dates when they'll drop are no longer valid so they sort to the end.

I've noticed they're usually either dot orgs or another non dot com extension.

•••
I've noticed they're usually either dot orgs
Same here, s10.org and sonix.org are open backorders in my account but two days ago they have been catched by Dropcatch.com, see Whois.com. Just canceled them.

•••
Ha same domains but these were last time.

•••
It appears that all dot info and dot orgs are in limbo when backordered. The question is why?

Last edited:
•••
From what I can see this is a bug in the Epik drop catch system. Why? Because...

1. All the "In Limbo" domains are non dot coms that are listed on the search page with valid drop dates. BUT
2. When backordered they don't carry that date over and are listed without a valid Availability Date and go into limbo.

Last edited:
•••
Here's a screenshot of 4 in limbo examples
Screenshot_20190920-212820_Chrome.jpg

•••
Also, even though the By Expiry Date sort seems to work the date displayed Domain Expires On is N/A
Screenshot_20190920-213848_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
So in fact all 4 in limbo domains were never really backordered and not available so this to me is a bug.

•••
Okay, this is a bit irritating, I'm not able to cancel a backorder and that's not cool.

The issue for me is the lack of a reason why.

Screenshot_20190927-002433_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
@Gube have you forgotten about us here? :)

I know you're super busy cause I'm also coding but just wanted to check if you looked into these issues yet.

•••
@Gube have you forgotten about us here? :)

I know you're super busy cause I'm also coding but just wanted to check if you looked into these issues yet.
Thanks for tagging me, for some reasons I didn't receive any notification..
Let me check that in the admin :)

•••
@BradWilson Can you PM me the backorders you would like to cancel ?

•••
@BradWilson Can you PM me the backorders you would like to cancel ?
Actually I forgot to post that it finally changed to missed.

I guess I was a little impatient. How dare it hold my funds for an extra 4 hours - ugh I mean really???

•••
I will make some updates to my monitoring program this week to take in account .org names, Same for Donuts tlds

•••
Hello NPs,

I added a monitoring system to Dropelf.com
On the site, you'll find filtered pending delete names, but also still available dropped names.
With the new monitoring system, You can add domains to your favourites by clicking on the heart
You can remove a name by clicking on it again.
On the Monitor page, You'll find all domains you liked with their status (Available or Not dropped - yet)

If you have an idea to improve it or if you have any question, feel free to PM me :)

Happy dropcatching,
Gube

•••
Hello Namepros,

I posted the new pending delete list on DropElf.com
You also can access a refreshed version of today's list (Registered names are constantly removed from the list to make it easier and cleaner)

Hand picks from the list :
blogfan.com - 14 yo, Taken in 2 TLDs
cinemike.com - Taken in a few TLDs, A company uses the .de and the .nl versions
(Adult name) - 2 words, 6 yo, Taken in 2 TLDs
copypdf.com - 5 PR

Happy dropcatching,
Gube

•••
Hello Gabe,
Are there other extentions that can be catched, when domains drop and what is the pricing ?
f.i. .net .org.info ?
and .tv and .co ?
and .top ?
@gabe @robmonster

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back